Transformers War for Cybertron

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DireBadger, May 6, 2010.

1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    This game does support Nvidia Physx, but like Mass Effect and such, it makes no visual difference, but you might as well leave it on.

In singleplayer, it seems you can only carry two weapons at a time and you pick up ammo from enemy debris. Shift or CTRL can do a defensive or offensive ability, which is real neat. The character I am using can have a static forcefield and the other is a 360 degree shockwave.

You can change into vehicle mode whenver you want; mid air, running, jumping or when hovering. In vehicle mode you can move around faster, speed boost, jump etc. If your vehicle is a car, you can hold right click and your wheels pop out so you can travel faster. You can even shoot and barrel roll...as a car.

more screens. Dont be fooled by the downsampled screenshots. Thats the actual texture quality :(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

sniper rifle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. dirthurts

dirthurts Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse

I feel like it looks better in screen shots than in motion. There is a bit too much going on in the textures for the game to look clean.
    If anyone figures out how to fix the frame cap please post : )
    Does the frame cap disable if you turn off vsync? I could use d3d override with tripple buffering...

3. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    30 frame cap...no AA option. Cheers for confirming another terrible activision cash in port.
    '
    I bought the last Transformers game, which was decent, but it has some retarted gamma issue which makes it unplayable.

4. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    30FPS cap is still there without Vsync. If the config files were there...arg, this game has so much potential. Im sure you could get used to the 30FPS, but in Split/Second there is at least a motion blur to compensate. I have tried to force Vsync off in Nvidia control panel, no go.

OMFG, you cant have custom controls! This is retarded! Time to whip out the logitech setpoint...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010

5. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I want to get this game but not sure if I should get for PC or 360.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i cant see it on Steam..odd..

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not only that but the detail settings were arse-about-face too with AA only available if you selected Low quality. The gamma issue put me completely off the game, which IMO wasn't that great anyway. Each level was a small enclosed area and it felt more like you were human-sized robots fighting in a miniature city rather than giant robots in a real one. One of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune to buy. Won't be making that mistake twice! :puke2:

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If that Coalsced.ini file is compacted again like with ME2 then a hex editor or a script to unpack/repack it might work, if it's fully encrypted or coded however editing anything would be difficult.

9. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    I think it's a good thing that there's apparently something in this whole renewed TF franchise that isn't retarded.

10. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Yeah, I was looking at that editior earlier. I just want AA and custom keyboard layout working.

Forgot to mention that this game only has 8 multiplayer maps and I have no idea if they plan on updating it. The way the game is made, I dont think custom maps or content are possible because there arent any servers...

11. Darth_Sidious

Darth_Sidious Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 8800 GTS
    Sad, no DLC for PC.

link

12. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    It hasn't been released for us Europeans yet. :<
    Looks like it'll be released on friday.

13. q8_devil

q8_devil Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 295
    i heard that the game is capped to 30 fps :/.

can anyone with the game try and force AA through nhancer to see if it works ?!

14. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Grabbed it via usenet before bed, and.. well you guessed it ,if Michael Bay made games, this would be right up his alley. Pure POS goodness and what a waste of U3 engine. Please avoid for the love of god... of war :D

15. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Actually, there is nothing really wrong with the game or gameplay. Its still fun online, its just a straight port of the console version. Typically games that dont have dedicated servers usually die out within a few months, but they are trying to use this game in MLG which is understandable because the multiplayer is really in depth. Its basically been described as Unreal+Team Fortress+MW2 and it really feels that way.

Once you start to level up your classes and create a character the way you want, then it really starts to pick up.

Here is what the character creation screen looks like for the Scout.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Each class can choose to spawn with 2 of 4 weapons specific to their class. You can of course pick up other weapons from fallen enemies. Then you pick 2 rechargable perks and then 3 passive abilities that are "always on". There are also killstreak rewards that vary for each class. It can be radar, EMP, extra health, and more. The most fun killstreak reward is the sword or hammer. When you enable this killstreak, you run faster and melee like a mofo.

You can only modify two colors on the bot and there are roughly 10 body designs to choose from, but limited to the class.
    [​IMG]

Scoreboard looks like this
    [​IMG]
    You level up after each match pretty quickly depending on how much you do. So far, I leveled up a class one level with every match. I have only played TDM, but there are 4 other modes and there might be more than 8 maps, Im not sure yet.

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Another console port I will avoid... I was interested, oh well.

17. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    liked the look of this game but with fps capped at 30 there is no way i'm going to buy it. plenty of other good games to play anyway

18. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
    I got anti aliasing working on my 5850! Rename exe to ut3.exe and put Catalyst on high in ati tray tools. Which is probably the same as Advanced in CCC.

19. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    *throws GTX470 out the window*
    I miss my ATI already.

Anyhow, as more and more reviews come out, I hope people will realize that this is still a good game. At the cost of the $40 PC version, which is much cheaper than the usual $50, its kinda hard not to pass it up. IGN.com (probably my most trusted source) gave the PS3 version a 9 rating.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE