Well I never expected this....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jimmyme, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    I was just seemingly banned from the EA forums..?!?!?!
    Has this ever happened to anyone else.

I was particularly outspoken regarding the extremely poor PC support for BC2 and they proceeded to delete my posts. Then when I posted about it being deleted they banned me......

No questions, discussions, warning....etc.

Unbelieveable.... its just.....evil. Totally evil...

Did this ever happen to anyone else?

2. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    No, they are not evil. People don't get banned for no reason.

Perhaps you need to direct your disappointment with their support in a more constructive way...

3. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    just recieved this...

Dear yimmiy,

You have received a warning at Electronic Arts UK Community.

Reason:
    -------
    Inappropriate Behaviour

keep your posts and threads constructive.
    -------

Original Post:
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/r...l#post15995764
    Quote:
    my post about not supporting future DICE/EA releases because of their extremely poor PC support for BC2 was DELETED?!?!?!?!?
    Only serves to strengthen my resolve.
    Sorry DICE/EA but evil begets evil.
    sad...
    Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    Electronic Arts UK Community

I guess it all depends on your definition of Constructive. I think its relevant and constructive for consumers to know that they may be being mislead...
    EA simply DELETE any threads on the forum that address their serious shortcomings

4. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Evil begets evil? Over reaction much?

Listen, you're talking about a game that has already had a handful of patches with more in the pipeline.

Bad mouthing the devs on their own forum isn't going to get the patches out any quicker but it will ge to you banned.

5. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Suppose this is like mouthing off to a police officer and then acting suprised when you get nicked.

6. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    My thoughts exactly.

7. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    I was banned in the chat of the company of heroes for one week just for saying "lol ni gg ers", and i was just laughing at some guy sentence, can you believe this?i cant!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  8. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    If you're going to run around like a cry baby whining about something, and continuing to badmouth the developers and the game.

Even after probably been told to not do it again.

Of course you're going to get banned.

Like they said, you can post, but keep it constructive. Tell them about specific bugs, if you can repeat it etc. Give them as much information as you can to help them fix the problems.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i was banned for life off the atari eu forums, for calling out one of the worst mods i have ever met on a forum in my life. detailed all the bs she spread called for her immediate removal as a mod and her anti pc bias that was evident by her choice of locked topics and her "facts" she was spreading.

proudly took my ban with honor and pride and hope they woke up and canned her ass.

10. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    ok ill just give you guys the facts -make your own judgement cause noone can now because of EA's censorship.

- I posted a short thread that expressed my dissatisfaction with the support for PC from DICE/EA for BC2. I stated that there were still major issues to be addressed with the original game and meanwhile a new "expansion" was coming- as opposed to fixing the current problems. Furthermore I expressed worry that this new "expansion" will only serve to splinter the already fragile online community of BC2 and therefore was only about money and not in the interest or gamers/comsumers generally.

- Some others posted then POW - thread dissapears.

- I then post the thread montioned above and was subsequently warned and can now not post.

Take from it what you will. I feel its simply not fair.

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    best to plan out how you want to get your point accross without offending anyone. most devs support platforms the best they can, budgets or complicated issues can cause delays but just be glad you even have BC2 for the PC platform. it is an optional platform btw.

12. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    The topic-related issue is that it's the best selling platform for this title, and the title itself is one of the few for PC community to stick to in argues of platform business validity. Which is still an issue, unfortunately. The poorer the support - the worse chances PC gets to improve its situation, simple as that. No wonder gamers are upset.

13. Games are jokes now anyway. Back in the real time of game developers and players they made games that you took home and played. Now, they make games with support built in for you to report bugs. It is not your job to report bugs, and you should not have to deal with buggy games. These "developers" get away with whatever they want now. They release Alpha games for you to buy, where you are really Beta testing them.

When they make a game again, I will buy one. Until then, I will continue to Pirate everything and play with my huge community of other Piraters. It is saddening that "gamers" would even back EA in banning the poor kid. All he wants is to be able to play the damn game THAT HE BOUGHT.

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    28 yr gamer here. i'm not sure i recall a time when games were not buggy. I can name plenty of 2d games even that had serious gameplay bugs but patches were not a feasable thing for release. But the late 90's + era of ever more complicated games introduced tons of patches.
    lets see, Airfix dogfighter from 1998 has a patch or two, Omikron seriously needed some patches but none ever came out....as a short example anyway.

not much as changed really except that patches are actually more supported now than in the past, so more are released thank god. The real issues lie in the difference of hardware and configurations, not an easy task to fix it all for everyone on a budget and time schedule before release.

wait...so you pirate buggy games but complain about them being buggy as your excuse to pirate them? If their that bad, thier not worth playing, if their worth playing, they are worth paying.

15. hlhbk

hlhbk Active Member

You sir are exactly what is going with and what will eventually cause PC gaming to die.

First of all it's always been the way it is now. PC games have always had technical issues. Those technical issues go all the way back to when I started gaming on the PC in 93 with Doom. They are the reason I got into PC troubleshooting and now am in the I/T field.

In regards to in game bugs that happen on all systems, again it has been happening since 93 at least. That is why there are these things called patches that have been around for a very very long time.

If you want to play a game without having to troubleshoot technical issues go pick up a 360 or PS3, and that is about the only way that will ever happen. There is no way for any developer to know how their games will react with the millions of hardware or software combinations out there.

The truth is that is your justification to pirate, and if they made bug free games you would find another excuse to rip the game makers off. Games on the PC are as good as they ever were.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So why is this in the gaming section? It's just bitching about being banned.

17. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    word, who ****ing cares.

18. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    So we pay for beta testing and you get to beta test it for free? That still makes you an a$$hole. NO MATTER WHICH WAY YOU SPIN IT, PIRATING IS NOT HELPING ANYONE BUT YOURSELF. You're a selfish w4nker who shouldn't have the privilage to play games at all. We, the ones who buy the games, are the ones who are allowing you to continue getting your free $hit. That makes you scum. Now shut the hell up about how it's ok to steal things.

** Yeah sorry for the off topic rant. Pirating is just the oooonnneee little thing that gets me. Especially when you try to make a living off of downloadable items.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  19. ryano

ryano Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    yes, well said. without paying customers, no1 makes games at all.

20. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    You make me sick. :flame2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.