ATI GPU Scaling Fix for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by king-dubs, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    The issue is that at times I found myself not getting center scaling in Vantage, 3DMark06, Crysis, etc. So I know it didn't work even though I went through the process of making sure it's enabled. So, I too am providing my experience. It's not to imply anything towards you. What you replied to was me saying that you have to check the feature every new cat just to see if it's still working.

If you stop being so defensive about it you would understand my issue was before 10.3. Had you just taken my experience for what it was you would see I never provided any specific dates or cat releases.

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I haven't had the issue since at least 10.2, 10.3 was just where I started out prior to formatting a few days ago.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    1st it was 10.3 now 10.2. Whatever man, I see what you're doing there. In any case OP, thanks for the app it works great and helps reduce the tedious task of all the clicking it takes just to get to the Image Scaling in CCC.

4. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Do you have selective reading? I said that I stated it was working fine since 10.3 because thats what I used when I originally formatted and have had that install until a few days ago while using 10.5a, as well as the hotfix drivers inbetween (10.4a..etc), and it was still working fine. Prior to that install I had been using 10.2 and I can say for sure it was working fine then. I get it, your lazy, thats no excuse to call the feature broken.

Like I said, I would much rather you just said fair enough and kept it at that rather than calling BS over something so trivial.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010

5. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    Unless I got the GPU scaling issue wrong I'm running 10.6 under Windows 7 x64 and GPU Scaling is not greyed out for me. I am running at native resolution 1920x1200.

FWIW.

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It's pretty obvious you are being argumentative. 1st you say it's 10.3 then say 10.2 now go back and say 10.3 again then use ad hominem. I've already quoted and replied to your posts saying so. It's obvious we are going to agree to disagree if you want to end it with fair enough then perhaps you need to be less defensive. We each can have our own opinions.
    ---------------------
    Now that's out the way I wonder if the OP can fix the 2D clock bug?

7. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Sigh, still with the selective reading I see.

No one is name calling, it's a simple fact. GPU scaling hasn't been broken for quite some time, the title is misleading. It shouldn't state that it's a fix but merely a shortcut. :bang:

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    So you are mad at me for use the app and the OP for providing it. Perhaps this thread isn't for you. There is nothing misleading about it and perhaps it's a matter of opinion.

9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    "Well its not broken, it just doesn't enable unless you are using a lower than native resolution."

That doesn't make much sense because I want to run windows in native but some older applications run at lower resolutions. There's an unneeded extra step with changing resolution to lower, then correct scaling option and then back to native res.

It's broken. Fix it Ati!

10. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I'm not mad at anything, all I've been saying this whole time is GPU Scaling isn't broken.

If you actually cared to read my entire posts you wouldn't be blatantly assuming out of your @ss. Why do I even bother?

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Why is this so hard to understand?

We should be able to play a game and alter the Image Scaling, use a lower resolution, without having to lower the desktop resolution to do so. Unknown to you we use to do that with no problem back in the day. This is why many are of the opinion that it is broken. While you remain mad/upset others can see if for what it is.

12. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Haha, I never said it was "Unknown to me", I simply said it wasn't broken, for whatever reason ATi changed how it works. Like I said before, the title is misleading. It should be called a shortcut not a fix. You can't fix something that still works. Your simply complaining about having to do a few extra clicks in order to set it to the settings you desire.

Yeah I think I'll end this here, it was going nowhere from the beginning.

13. Ares

Ares Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon X2300
    why i cant go to the download link is it broken?, can someone give diff link for the download i having same problem too which is unable to gpu scaling using 9.3 ccc

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  14. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    It's probably broken because it's two years old.

I'm just disappointed because I saw this thread about GPU scaling and Windows 7 and thought it was something to improve *Crossfire* scaling :(

15. Ares

Ares Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon X2300
    i hope someone that have those files can reupload somewhere familiar like mediafire or torrent. for now i try to switch new 9.3ccc for win7 see if it works after apply mobility modder and driver sweeper. im hoping to get ability to switch to full screen mode on 800x600 for my old game like diablo 2.

16. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
  17. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Wow, back from the grave.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU: