Weirdest dream you've ever had?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by crushilista, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I had a strange one last night as well. I was in a warehouse connected to a parking garage running from zombies. I was with a old ex girlfriend I haven't thought about in years. We were running terrified & eventually got to the "end". Awaiting us was a group of people clapping as if we were in a game show though we didn't know it at the time the zombies were chasing us. That's about all I could remember.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not a weird dream, but weird that I dream it nearly everynight that I can fly

I cant fly very high, just a few feet off the ground, but it is nearly everynight I dream it, but in a new location most times

3. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    Recently I've been waking up out of my dreams but unable to move for a good 10-15 minutes ??? It's weird, I try yelling but nothing all I can do is look at the ceiling. Only seems to happen though when I get little sleep for a day or two.

4. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Those are nightmares. I used to have disappointing dreams like this as a kid.

I don't dream much anymore, I don't know why. But when I was younger, my dreams would often involve war and battle, where I was a soldier of some kind, whether it be modern or medieval.

Those were always my favourite. I wish I could go back to some of them, they were really fun. :(

5. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    All I can remember was static and a toothbrush falling down a toilet, it was incredibly scary.

6. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    i sometimes have a drem where there is this big black mass above me moving and grunting and i am thinking NO! but it then convinces me that it is right and the noises get louder and then i wake up quivering in my bed. this has disturbed some of my partners as when i am dreaming this i must be grunting too and iw ake up and im like "ROOOAAAAARGH!" it makes them jump!

7. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    heh i had some crazy dream when i was a starting high school but the weirdest in a scary sense i had a on going series of dreams when i was 5 and father decided to be a baby and run away from his family or as he called us problems the dream was super real it was this crazy looking old lady that kept trying to eat me it went on till i was about 9 dreams are weird hehe

8. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    My dreams are of death to me or others so since I dont dream much at all I dont care for them.

But the most recent I have had which reoccurred for 1 month straight was I was with a small Group of soldiers we were in a rocky rolling desert hills area. We were on patrol when I am suddenly shot in the stomach then we engage the enemy on the hill line in front of us till i black out and fall down which is when I wake up actually.

9. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    i guess one of my weird dreams would be when i wake up in my dream and look down on myself sleeping, that happens fairly often since taking respiridone lol

i get the dream where all my teeth start falling out aswell, someone told me there was a reason behind that one but cant remember

10. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

11. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Totally reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer is made to eat mass amount of donuts in hell - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMn0EFhjOFI&feature=related

Here's one recurring nightmare I had as a child (about 7/8);

It begins with me in my home, standing at the bottom of the stairs, staring to the top, as if something or someone is there. I would then slowly creep up, gripping the wall stair rail, knowing if I made a sound, I would be waking something nasty.

As I got to the top and peered over the banister, all the doors of the rooms were closed.

I then started walking to the first door, my mums room and as I do, a floor board creaks.

I freeze for a second and start to hear the end bedroom door opening, and right at that moment, out sprints a huge grotesque and disfigured man wielding a shovel.

I pretty much leap all the way back downstairs, stumble back to my feet and look up stairs to see he/it? cannot follow me, and walks back along the landing with heavy footsteps, slams the door.. then I awake.

There's more to it but that's enough rambling for one post. :p

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I`ll probably dream about him now lol

When I first just saw his face it felt like I recognised him for a second, so I am guessing it is a face that is very easily distorted into many other faces, kind of a generic face that your brain uses in dreams to represent people

Doubt there is anything more to it than the way your brain works

13. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    I've had a ton of absolutely INSANE dreams, but they stay in my short term memory for a bit, then they're gone.

The ones I find most interesting though, are the ones of being intensely in love with some chick, that I knew BARELY years ago. I occasionally have one like that, and it's always a different girl... usually one that I knew in high school over a decade ago.

Why does my brain pull someone like that (that I barely knew) into a dream? You'd think I'd have dreams about girls I actually know now...you know?

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Because subconciously you have more feelings for them than you conciously know about, or allow yourself to have, maybe unfinished business, or feel you missed your chance

15. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    But it is fun, yes?

My most vivid/terrifying/fun dream I had was when I was sick as a child, about 10 or so. I can't remember details exactly, but it was in the jungle at night during a storm. A lot like in the first Rambo movie when John attacks the squad hunting him in the forest. I had not seen Rambo until I was about 15.

Another one I may never forget I had when I was about 3 or 4 years old. We were on holidays visit family, so I think that may have set my imagination wild. Anyway, again details are sketchy, but this one involved robots like transformers, both good and evil, and the leader of these robots crafted a great power sword for me to fight the enemy with out of a great rock which glowed gold on the inside after it was broken open.

But I don't die in my dreams. :p

16. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    you're not alone, i also get those sometimes. and then i wake up and im like wtf was she doing in my dream? haha

and to my previous post, would be sorta creepy/weird if that website really is true :uhoh:

17. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Not really I wake up feeling the injuries I get and they are not fun at all. I have had my stomach cut open in real life but when I had a dream a person i knew was stabbing me in a dream dear god it felt so weird even for 2 mins after being up i could feel it and it fealt like when i had it happen in real life. Of course mine in real was not someone doing it just an Accident involving gravity and such

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    That's called sleep paralysis, it's when you're "awake" but you're not actually awake in the traditional sense, thus you can't move. It's kind of common, and not something to worry about. It is freaky though.

Also, the weirdest one I've ever had happened when I was 8 or 9. I woke up, slowly walked to the window. There was an eerie silence. I pulled back the blinds, and then I just saw this blinding flash of light. 1 second later I was engulfed by a nuclear explosion, and the dream ended. That one scared the crap out of me, and I don't know how I knew about nuclear bombs at that age :3eyes:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  19. Adicto

Adicto Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    I hate dream where i fall into a no ending hole -_-
    They SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! I feel my heart beating like 100000BPM!!

20. 4chmob

4chmob Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 7950 Double D
    last dream i remember was that I was tripping on acid and having a scary trip lol it wasn't pleasant......damn flashbacks lol