Utah firing squad executes convicted killer

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by ScaryClown, Jun 18, 2010.

1. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    agreed.

some people really do value human life too much. capital punishment is the only deterent in nearly all harsh crimes.

2. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    the capital puinishment is nasty an really not nice at all becauae they could be innocent but if this man (who was very naughty) can be proved that he did it then i guess he should get the death ssentence, a toe for a toe and all that!!

3. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    That is why prisons have different wings and there are different prisons(for less offenders,for organised crime,for psychotic criminals....)

Has you dad lived in Bosnia during the war?
    I think Queens is a walk in the park compared to Vukovar.

4. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    It can be very hard to make certain that somebody is guilty in some cases. When the guilt is more obvious and everything is done right it only takes a few years in most states. For example a guy going on a shooting rampage with multiple witnesses will likely spend less than a year on death row in texas (average is 10 years)

In California it often takes 20-30 years to execute somebody, but this is not really the system. Political hacks get into the judiciary & the legal system; then they massively slow down the process. It takes that long to execute some people in other states, but in those cases there's usually better reasons for the delay.

5. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    I honestly believe that a firing squad is more humane than any other contemporary method of execution. I can't be 100% certain of the lethal injection, but it just scares the bejesus out of me. The gas chamber is, of course, far worse, and the most barbaric of all is the electric chair. The most humane method ever in existence is/was the guillotine. A split second and it's over. No lingering torture, asphyxiation, burning flesh, just a swish and a clean cut. As for the wait, that I believe to be the real torture. Even though it robs an innocent person of a chance to be found innocent, it is the worst part of a death sentence. Get it over with quickly I say. That is one of the reasons why I'm afraid of flying. Although statistically it's far safer than driving, If your plane breaks down and starts falling it's like the long walk to the execution chamber. I'd much prefer it to be over quickly without the mental anguish.

6. Adicto

Adicto Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    +1 :biggun::biggun:
    Im for it TOOOOOO, these guys never change, i've seen them!

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I wouldn't be so sure about the guillotine either to be honest. There is that story of a queen her saw her own body and screamed (think it was one of Henry the 8th's wives). Even just chalking that up to exaggeration, there was an experiment done when the executed said he would try and blink three times after he was beheaded. He managed two IIRC, which still shows you have some capability of thought at least.

Honestly, Nitrogen is easily the best way to go. Hell, I'd even sooner get shot.

8. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    As long as it's without a shadow of a doubt that a person kills in purely cold blood, then they should absolutely be killed with a single killing shot that is cheap and doesn't hurt anyone (maybe the one guy for a fraction of a second.) I do think that if they're mentally insane though, then there's no point in killing them. Nothing would benefit from the overall procedure that would him just being institutionalized.

9. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Imposible as great as that story was- you need airflow to generate speech which without lungs you would not have. Also the nerves to your voice box dont go directly from your brain, the recreant laryngeals enter the abdomen before returning to the larynx/voice box

10. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Well, if you can blink, maybe you can move your mouth as to look like a scream? Maybe that's what they meant.

11. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    The blinking is technical possible, I am not sure if spinal trauma of that magnitude would instantly kill the brain or not- It so say does have around 2 seconds of self awareness- and the nerves to the eye are in the skull...

12. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    No,just the left laryngeal recurrent nerve,right one is in the neck,intact.
    But,true for the lungs!

13. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Touche' your right about the right recurant- damn havent got on to that one yet :( dam

14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Yeh, thought it was bull****. I can easily believe the blinking one though.

15. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    Dont worry.
    Are you in the med school?

16. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    compare new york to that incident all you want dude because both places are terrible to grow up during the hard times new york being filled with murder's,rapists,drug dealers and drug addicts doing what ever they can for another hit of crack cocaine or any hard drug,corrupt politicians,as well as a police officers doing shake downs getting involved in the drug business.it was so bad that by the time the cops in high crime rate area like new york in the 60's,70's,80's,90's, respond to a house burglary the Innocent people in there will be dead.a war crime will always be worse but no matter what those response able for the killing should face a firing squad for crimes against humanity/people.by putting these murders in different wing mean more man power and more tax money being wasted on these scum bags that have no issue with that because they now have it made for life because they killed some one in cold blood and know they can relie on tax money so keep them alive.btw where do you live cause the way you speak of new york tells me you know nothing about the brutality that happened in that state in the worse times.

17. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    I'm all for the death sentence. We need to clean the world of murdering psychopaths.

18. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    an eye for an eye and a needle for a needle
    they should be killed like they killed
    if they shoot some one then the firing squad,if they hack/stab someone then they should be done to death in the same way etc
    exception should be for serial killers and pedophiles who should be fed to the lions/tigers

19. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    So, when we going to start on our politicians?

Threads like this prove that there's no hope for humanity, at all. Backwards, barbaric, cruel and outdated practices will continue to prevail, especially in uncivilised nations.

20 Odd yers ago a man was executed for the rape and murder of a woman. A year and a half ago the victim turned up, she'd been 'hiding' in her village. Perfect example of 'justice'. So, who do we execute now? Do we execute the woman, who disappeared, the judges, the police officers, the executioners?

And what about those people who spent decades of their lives behind bars for crimes they didn't commit? Do we imprison those who destroyed their lives for equal amounts of time?

And what about people who are all for these sentences? Do we punish them too? I'm in favour of all the above, because without support these practices wouldn't take place. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, right?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  20. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)

Its amazing on how many commie hippie's you meet on the internet.