Nvidia Quadro driver 258.49 WHQL OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BetA, Jun 17, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

87 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

25 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

16 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yes same here, i noticed it with all 257 drivers,.. i didnt have any issues with it so it looks its fine and some opengl games have a new setting @threaded optimization - nvidia recommended instead of auto (quake wars et, quake4).

2. jadium

jadium Active Member

GPU:
    NVATI
    Hi there,

Something i don't get with my second comp is :with the 197.77 set both of my card work pretty well (9800GTX & 6200 turbocache), with all 200 series only the 9800GTX work, the 6200 Turbocache is flagged as defect (code 43 Win 74bits).
    When i return back to 197.77 everything work again...

Any idea?

3. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    My internet's flaky, has been for a couple weeks, but I'm trying to get them DLed so that I can truly see if, once they touch my computer, all my woes are healed.

4. friedmonky

friedmonky Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC EE 1GB
    Finally got them installed...and uninstalled them 2 minutes later. Disappearing profiles again with these too. Back to the 197.45's for me.

5. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    My theory is that these betas are installing the performance drivers, -pdsetup.exe, who know...

6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    these are no betas..they are WHQL´s.
    but when you mod the inf, windows thinks they are..
    anyway. pdsetup has an own setup.exe..as you said..i dont believe its running the wrong one,,just extract and run the setup.exe...then it should install the right ones..
    i dont understand why its running here very good...and others have this big problems..

greetz Beta

7. TaurusManUK

TaurusManUK Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    I am running these on GTX 295 and these are working better than before in games like Batman, Fallout 3 (tested these only so far). FO3 stutter is still there as usual.

I installed these OVER the WHQL 257's and made sure that in control panel system information all DLLs are installed as 258's after installtion is complete (means no left overs from previous version).

No control panel issues for me everythings is working just fine. Seem very good drivers IQ wise.

8. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    2 things

n.1 is all those people with dissapearing profiles when u driver sweep before u do u need to go to program data (hidden) and manually delete the 1 or 2 woth 257 drivers folders that are in there , this fixes the profiles , ive tested each way without delete and with and delete makes profiles work

2 this iq business , is everyone using native res on desktop and in games , if u use another res rather than default in desktop or games iq will vary , i use 1:1 pixel ratio and with every driver release iq is the same

and these drtivers on a 200 series kick ass , but so do the 257 if they didnt stutter , so all in all top drivers

9. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    So uh. Preliminary testing for Crysis is...exciting. I'm gonna get some graphs up in a few minutes.

EDIT: I'm not pretending to be a wizard with excel, so a preemptive screw you to your thoughts on my graph. Done at 1920x1200, 8xQAA, all settings very high, 64 bit, DX10, no custom cvars, built in island bench, at my overclocked settings.

[​IMG]

Notice the clearly higher FPS of the 258s. Obviously the top one is shorter because the timedemo is limited by frames, not time limit. Also notice how erratic they are. Those dips were definitely felt in the demo as pauses. At first I thought my hard drive was accessing (done from a raptor) but the general erratic nature of the demo makes me think that was just the drivers.

Also, I didn't notice missing AA or anything.

Averages obviously don't show the real story of the drivers, which is why I opted from the graphs. Just Cause 2 ones incoming. I don't think they're going to be as wow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just Cause 2, one graph CUDA enabled, other one not. Otherwise completely maxed out with 8xAA. 16x AF. More or less the same.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  10. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Did you check the actual ingame perf. with fraps in Crysis? It would be awesome to get such an improvement, but there propably is something goiing on. ( I woul love to see some sid by side screenshots IQ wise)

I still am at 197.75 for some good old 2x2 SSAA lovin via nHancer. The new SGSSAA modes are to blurry for my taste.

11. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I'll do some screenshots, and yes, I tried it in game. The performance is still there, I'm hitting 60FPS completely maxed in places with 8xAA. And it looks to me like AA is being applied, tree leaves and such look good.

EDIT: Wait, you meant side by sides of each driver. No, I'm not gonna do that lol, I don't care enough. I will get you a screenshot of the new ones though, and if someone wants to match it they can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just to show that AA is still being applied mainly.

12. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    why did you remove the fps counter in this scene ;)

i remember that scene. that icey smoke destroys framerate, don't be shy, we know its a demanding scene :p

13. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    great driver with my 8800 GTS 512 ... fluid without stuttering and fps increase! decrease temperature of 3 degrees at idle and full !!! :) sorry for my bad eng...bb all

14. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Well thanx anyway, I see nothing strange in those screens yet. I will try them later when home. More people getting these gains?

15. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    +1 for gains.

16. friedmonky

friedmonky Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC EE 1GB
    Your "fix" for disappearing profiles did not work for me. As soon as I close the control panel all my saves are gone. Thanks anyway though.

17. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    lol, actually I didn't. If you look at the progression of screenshots that was the first one I took, and hadn't put up the counter yet.

It was about 45 or so maybe.

18. consig1iere

consig1iere New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 470
    Can anyone please tell me how I can fix the disappearing of 3d settings in control panel? Metro 2033 and Uniengine is automatically detected. Thanks.

@Ukraver (Post# 108)- I don't know what exactly you meant. I deleted the two folders in ProgramData, NVIDIA & NVIDIA Corportation and did a sweep and installed new driver but nothing happened.

19. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    [​IMG]

I'm sure you guys can find the corruption/artifacts in that screen.

Though Metro does appear to be faster, corruption on walls and general lower IQ is the likely cause.

Perhaps that's what's happening in Crysis as well, just not as noticeably.

20. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    @ I play naked... is that a definite confirmation of improved crysis performance? If so... hot dog. My SLI set up will be loving this. Gotta test this out soon. I will do before and afters.

Also, could you PM your voltage on your 470? That is one tasty overclock you have there.