Utah firing squad executes convicted killer

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by ScaryClown, Jun 18, 2010.

1. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    Dude,weak...
    I just read it on yahoo.

I dont know about the rest of you,but im totally against death sentences.

"Gardner was allowed to choose between the firing squad and lethal injection because he was sentenced to death before Utah eliminated the firing squad as an option in 2004"

"State officials did not like the negative publicity fire squad executions generated."

Nothing more to say........(jaw wide open)

2. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    Got what he deserved, too bad they waited this long and fed him all those meals, I could have ate that steak and lobster he ate on Tuesday!

I am 100% for the death penalty, granted there is overwhelming evidence, I just wish it could be done the day of sentencing, to make it cheaper, these people are a waste of money and oxygen.

3. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    I respect you opinion.
    I know that i could never kill a human being(except maybe in war or if i were heavily intoxicated)

Do you think its morally/emotionally/religiously right to kill a human under any circumstances?

4. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    /agreed

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Agreed.

I'm all for removing "members" of society that cause severe harm to other members of the public. It sickens me to think that my tax money is feeding and putting shelter over the heads of Pedophiles, Rapists and Murderers.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Its is not for us to choose who lives or dies, thats Gods choice, but it is our job to make the world a safe place for others to live, and if that means keeping someone in jail until they die natually then so be it.

A better alternative than jail would front line bomb disposal without training

7. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Wouldn't that be the same as handing down a death sentence? Which would contradict your first statement. But front line bomb disposal with training could actually be useful. We had 3 people killed the other week where I live while trying to disarm a WWII bomb. Now they've found 30 more hidden under the city, including one at the train station. Sorry, a little off topic.

Anyway, God didn't choose the two men this guy murdered, he chose them, therefore he got what he deserves.

8. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    It costs 26,000 a year to house one inmate (California) They get free food, healthcare, cable, books, schooling, fitness centers, housing.

It costs 90,000 per year on death row for Ca. getting most of the same amenities.

It Costs 1.5 Mil to execute these creatures

I say we go back to the ol' Rope and Platform costs about 300 bucks and can be used for a few years, hell I'll build it for free!

And yes I could easily execute the scum that feels the need to murder or rape innocent people!

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    On one hand death sentences are good because the amount of money a state has to put in that prisoner in case of a life sentence is huge, and really why should our taxes go there? Yet on the other hand if you execute someone and later find out that he wasn't actually guilty you can't do **** about it besides ''well sorry, lol''... it's not a simple matter really and here we see how many are still stuck in the midle ages mentality wise. :)

10. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    God doesn't exist, leave this thread and join the 21st century.

I can decide who lives and who dies by picking up a gun and god can't stop me for the simple reason that he does not exist. *Insert something offensive about god being irrelevant to any action that any human makes*

11. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Keep your beliefs about religion to yourself.

That go's for everyone else. Dare I start handing out infractions.

12. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    This debate really is an eye for an eye verses turn the other cheek. If you are going to execute someone, use nitrogen asphyxiation, they'll notice nothing apart from tiredness and then blackout because 70% of air is nitrogen making it by far the most humane way.

13. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
    Oxygen maybe. Money? No.

These people make money. Why do you think everything is so slow in the prison system? The money they make off each inmate is great for them.

14. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I don't trust any justice system enough to support the death penalty.

And is there money in the business? You bet.

15. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Im with you but you need to respect religions!:thumbup:

:eek:rder::eek:rder::eek:rder:

16. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    God doesn't... *edit* just seen finch's post :D

I'm all for capital punishment, even though Britain doesn't have a death penalty. There's simply some people who cannot be rehabilitated, people who have commited atrocities and it just isn't safe to re-enter the normal world with regards to public safety.

IMHO if you are a deemed a danger to society and its decided it would never be safe to have them released, then yes, i agree with capital punishment. Why should a criminal be allowed to commit a serious crime, and then spend the rest of their life leeching resources?

The entire prison system needs looking at, really.

Also, if there were to be a death penalty, they'd have to find a new way to carry it out. I'm all for the death penalty, but not in the inhumane ways that are currently performed. Even the lethal injection is a complete joke.

Personally, i'd rather have a firing squad than be put in a situation where i'll be electrocuted for minutes or given an injection which is wildly believed to cause serious pain before death, and before anyone silly comes in, it's called a muscle relaxant for a reason.

17. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    You forgot to mention that he will be the last person to be executed by firing squad in the US..
    Anyway death penalty is brutal and sick and any country like US and China who have it have a medieval mentality! Let them root in jail for life, people do not have the right to judge others and take their life just because they killed others. They just go to the same level, and that is pathetic

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well... yea with training, I was joking slightly about the lack of training, but if they are to be sentenced to death, putting them in as bomb disposal, they might actually save a few lives before dying, a form of karma.

You only can decide who lives or dies with that gun because he lets you, he didnt make robots, anyway, enough of the religion, I was trying to only say we "shouldnt" choose who lives and dies

19. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Whilst I'm not in favour of the death penalty (although I'm begining to waver) the world is a better place without this idiot imo.

20. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Going by your reasoning, what right does any other person have to lock someone away in a cell for the rest of his natural life? What right does any person or entity have to hold another human being prisoner at all?