ATi Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. 01 Vlatce

01 Vlatce Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD6770 DC
    The F****** 2D bug is still here :biggun:

[​IMG]

2. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    for the 999999 time

IT'S NOT A BUG

http://twitter.com/CatalystMaker/status/14945457999

Q: This idle core thing where it will not drop below 400 unless default, glitch or as designed in 10.5? If you can say, curious.

A: intentional, it was to help dual card overclocking. Might have to reverse it

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    If it's not a bug then why do you think he added "Might have to reverse it"?

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Define bug

A bug is an UNintentional error

This was done on purpose

5. 01 Vlatce

01 Vlatce Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD6770 DC
    IT'S NOT A BUG?!?!

Look on this stupidity:

[​IMG]

The first frequency 157/300 is for non OC card in 2D. Second frequency 400/900 is for OC card on 1230/790 WHILE PLAYNG VIDEO ON YOUTUBE. The third frequency 400/1288 is for overclocked card on the same 1230/790 IN 2D IDLE MODE.

ТHE CARD HAS HIGHER FREQUENCY IN 2D IDLE MODE THAN WHILE PLAYING VIDEO.

And you telling me that is not a BUG... Go tell that to your grandparents. :bang::bang:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    As everyones kicking off about it :)

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Sure, in part an unexpected result. The higher voltages and clocks which causes the higher temps is an unexpected result from the user. Or, perhaps this was documented to inform us, the user, of said software and we don't know about it. Do you have a link?

Edit:
    Strange, no reply yet? So can you provide documentation that lets the consumer know that higher power consumption thus higher heat is expected so we, the consumers would know about it?

8. GaBBa-Gandalf

GaBBa-Gandalf Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x XFX HD6970 2GB
    Why you don't compain at twitter to the User CatalystMaster?!

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Trust me we have, but it takes him to reply about it. And, he already did previously when Cat10.5 was released. It was assumed it would be "reverted back".

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    A link for what? Read the release notes

EDIT - Dont like it.. dont use them, stick with 10.4

Stop your whining, they are trying to make everything work, so what if the idle clocks and power consumption is higher.. ? so what !

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    WoW nerd rage......

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Already have, it's not there. In Cat 10.5 release notes 120Hz support was mentioned but nothing about added power consumption and heat. Also don't see it mentioned in Cat 10.6 release notes. Do you have any other source that would suggest that the end user shouldn't view this as unexpected result?

I think you misunderstood my reply to you. It was you who asked how I defined a bug. I provided you with the answer of an unexpected result from the end user's point of view. Then I asked if there was any written notice made available for the end user that he should expect the result? You told me to look at the release notes. I have and didn't see it. I then asked you for any other documentation. You say I'm whinning? That is not whinning or complaining but answering your question and seeking information if it exist that this should not be an unexpected result.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Don't worry about it. I misunderstood your original post but I appreciate any help I get. :)

Re: the 10.6 Application Profiles... I'm reading that these are, in fact, identical to the ones released with the 10.5 drivers and don't contain any new entries. If true then, for goodness' sakes, ATI, get off your fat, lazy a**es and start releasing these more regularly please even if they only contain one or two new game profiles!!!!! :bang:

I thought the whole point of these was so that new games could quickly be added to new drivers without the need for a complete install? There's been about four or five major game releases since last month, including Blur, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Split/Second, all of which have issues running in CrossFireX (typically, major framerate drops) and ATI still have not added support for them! Do they think gamers sit around for three or four months waiting for drivers that will finally allow them to play games on multi-GPU setups without getting worst framerates...?

I have to admit that my current setup is my first experience with CrossFireX/SLI but I really expected driver support to be much better than this, particularly when I heard ATI had introduced separate Application Profiles. They certainly aren't making the most of them IMO.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    so they deliberately **** things up. now that is even worse.
    it really looks like they havent tested it at all, and i have a feeling 3xxx and 4xxx are even totally not important any more to ati. :biggun:

15. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Why don't you go cry to Terry?
    Also..

[​IMG]

16. mao5

mao5 Guest

Higher 2D clocks help to reduce the GSOD, AMD intentionally does this.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Why is everyone complaining about higher temps in idle?

When you game they get higher than that anyway

The increase in 2D clocks is to stop the flickering with dual screen setups

Yea I agree for the complainers there should be an option to turn it back down, maybe 10.7 will have this, but geez... its not a big deal

18. 01 Vlatce

01 Vlatce Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD6770 DC
    Maybe because, it's not AB's bug. It's ATI Catalyst's bug.

19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    seems that noobs can't get it that when you are using Overdrive on a 5850/5870 the 2D clocks go from 153/300 to 400/900.

right, maybe if you waited for me to clarify it...

20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    When a user is not experiencing any problems and now have one during the hot summer months it is worth mentioning. On mass if needed...