ATi Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  2. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Attempting to access download site on ATi's site gives me a database connection error. I'd hate to be the IT personel at ATi's web division right now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  3. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    you know what? Im sticking with TWL's build and awaiting further builds from him only:)

4. boxrick

boxrick Guest

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    It don't screw upè your Overclocking, you need disable UPLS (specially with MSI afterburner) that's all ... regedit > Enable UPLS > enter "0" ... do it for each core or card.
    there's hundred of thread about this ... just use search.

6. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    5970 <<

30FPS in bc2 :-/ on 10.5a i was getting 60 all time :p

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Someone twitter Catalyst Maker about the BFBC2 crossfire issue.

8. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Ok these drivers seem good they dont crash from overclock like betas did.gpu score went up a couple thousand in vantage.I had upls set to 0 btw.My gripe is after overclocking the core is stuck at 400 and memory at 1100 in 2d.Is there a way to get power play to function like it did in 2d at 157 core and 300 memory?I went from idle before at 33 celcius to 44 celcius now.

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  10. The Fallen

The Fallen Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    Not updating the drivers from 10.4 till they fix the 400mhz 2D idle clock when overclocking.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    its not a bug !!!!

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yes it is when you didn't have any problems before!!!!

13. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Well, would have to give congrats to ATI driver team on this one.

They managed to improve the driver 'a little' and hopefully fix D3D on some scale (have to see). However, good news is OpenGL is working and video seems corrected at least what goes to 'flesh tone'-correction. Although same nice OpenCL and DirectCompute bug remains. Which sadly is kinda war zone with NVIDIA and DLL files, heh.

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    No it's not because there's incredible huge issue on Multi-Display (2-3 screens) 2D crashing on desktop without these clocks straight from reboot.

15. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Just because people with multi monitors are having probs doesnt mean people who dont have 2d crashes should have to have their memory running at 3d in 2d and raise my card idle temp 10 degrees and more than double 2d core clock.They need to find another way instead of screwing with powerplay pfft.And btw if you dont overclock the card it stays at 157 core and 300 memory so how is this helping multi monitor people that dont overclock?

16. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The same thing is done on Nvidia cards, it is not perfect but it is the easiest solution. Maybe they should make the drivers smarter and detect when a 2nd monitor is plugged in and then adjust the clocks... but either way this is not a bug bit a side effect of fixing a a problem. And seriously what is the problem with the memory clocks higher? few degrees hotter on idle? electricity? you wouldn't even notice the difference on the bill.

And it is not just for multi monitors either way, this also fixed grey screen crashes in 2d mode when the clocks were set aggressively far low causing more issues than it solved and gave poor 2d performance in benches so they killed 4 birds with 1 stone. Flickering, grey screen crash, flash 10.1 crashes and overall 2d performance.

Want lower power usage? go ahead and mod your powerplay which is the better alternative to people having to mod it the other way to stop crashes. What is more important to a company, reducing the power usage at idle which is low anyway or stopping crashes which give a bad reputation and cost money with tech support.

17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    If you use GPUz you will see that not only do the gpu/memory clocks increase but the voltage increases as well. You made a good point about stock clocks. If you keep them at stock they do 2D at 157/300 at the lower original voltage. So the partial fix for them is to overclock a little to bump up the voltage/gpu/memory at 2D instead of programming the installer to add this feature if it detects:
    150Hz monitor
    dual card
    more then 1 monitor
    ______ <--place your reason here.

As been mentioned it is a bug or a featured bug whatever you want to call it because it causing problems when I didn't have a problem to begin with.

18. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Like i said if they have a 5970 they will not get the clock boost unless they overclock if they are at stock core and memory it will be 157 300 .And even though these bench good i just fired up dragonage origons and its jerky as hell back to 10.4a and possibly a nvidia card.I thought after all the years i went nvidia and then come back to ati they would have their **** atleast a little together i quess not.

19. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
  20. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    It boost the memory when you have a 2nd monitor OR overclock as both those cause issues with the aggressive downclock & powerplay. Nvidia does the same thing on the new GTX cards.

I've been with both ATI and Nvidia and to me ATI have been poor when 5800 series came out but drivers have improves loads and cause ME less problems. Nvidia drivers on the other had still don't even detect simple things like 2nd monitor resolution, hz and left/right position consistently.