ATi Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The in-game v-sync is still broken for me as I disabled it from D3DOverrider and got 69 fps with noticeable screen tearing. Had to renable it in D3DOverrider to get rid of it. Is this a game or driver bug?

Nice, you was just saying the other day how you wanted a fix. Wonder if the H.A.W.X. DX10 CrossFireX issue is still there where it only runs on GPU2 and GPU1 idles despite CrossFireX being active? Going to check now... somehow I doubt that will be fixed...

2. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
  3. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    WTF? ATI runs their site on Sharepoint? lol

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    *sigh*

I can, unfortunately, confirm that H.A.W.X. DX10 with CrossFireX is still broken as it was with the 10.6 beta because it only runs on GPU2 while GPU1 remains at 2D speeds of 157/300 MHz during the benchmark. Yet H.A.W.X. uses both GPUs under DX9 with CrossFireX with a resulting framerate that is almost twice that of DX10.

The irony is that H.A.W.X. DX9 was broken with CrossFireX until these drivers (as far as I know) and only DX10 worked. Now it seems ATI have fixed DX9 but broken DX10 CrossFireX in the process. Way to go, ATI!!!

5. Kariddi

Kariddi Active Member

GPU:
    2x ATI 5850 Sapphire
    I have some problems with my crossfire setup and these 10.6 drivers....

Games run fine , but I have the same performance of a single card setup with every game (I tried BC2 and Dawn of War 2) . Keeping an eye on MSI Afterburner seems that both the CPU are stuck at 50% usage instead of 100%.

As I said disabling Crossfire gives the same performance results , but with my main card at 100% usage.

What's up?

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Ourasi is right, Crossfire is not working in BFBC2 on my 5970 either. GPU1 usage 80% GPU2 50% and getting 40-50 fps that is worse than if I disable crossfire and run 1 core. This game never goes under 60 for me.. tut tut ATI what a game to miss.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  7. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    The patch fixing ingame V-sync is still not out I think, delayed last I checked. If you get 69fps with no v-sync, you have the same bug as the rest of us, you should have double that and beyond...

8. dutchdude21

dutchdude21 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 5970+5850 tri-fire
    Same in vantage:s
    Performance sucks with 5970+5850.
    Maybe thats why the drivers are offline from the site:S
    Just using 10.5 i would say.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Wouldn't have really made much difference though because the max. framerate I can get is 60 fps anyway. So for me this game still *is* working! If you look at the screenshot I posted earlier, which was taken today with these new drivers, you can see that my usage is 58% across both GPUs. Now I'm not sure whether that's what it is supposed to be but the game is still perfectly playable.

Not so great for you and others I guess. Odd that ATI state that the graphics bug where grass appeared where it shouldn't has been fixed and even say that performance is improved for this game but it seems that it isn't, it is actually worse! Is this typical of ATI per chance?

10. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Yeah, that confirms that you are bugged as well. I have absolute control of FPS
    in the games I have, and I can assure you that you are not getting anywhere close to proper performance unfortunately...

11. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Vantage & Crysis running better than ever before, but somehow they broke the BFBC2 crossfire profile.. time for a hotfix.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks for the heads up, just got them installed, been a good day for drivers, discovered there was a new set out for me Xonar Dx as well. :D

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm not being funny or anything, it's a serious question, but can you explain why you know I have the bug from that screenshot bearing in mind that v-sync was forced via D3DOverrider?

Are you saying the GPU usage is low or something? Wouldn't that be the case anyway with v-sync enabled since the game is capped?

Educate me! :)

14. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Turn on fraps, BFBC2 server browser screen/menu before you join a server what is you fps? Still locked at 60 or dipping to 40's ? All those areas were locked solid 59-60 for me now no more.

Crossfire broken here for sure, but maybe just effecting the 5970's?

15. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Could happend that ATI read my remarks:3eyes:and fix it. I tried H.A.W.X. dx 10.1 and Crossfire works like a charm:3eyes:. Install the update's for the game, reinstall the 10.6 on clean (uninstall old drivers/driver cleaner/ run CleanMyPC reg cleaner...) and give it another try.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Oh I see... yes, I am getting some dips to 40 fps but as I said earlier I'm in a new more open area so I assumed it was because of that. I was seeing framerates below 10 fps on the loading screens too prior to starting the game, don't remember that before either.

What kind of framerate should I be getting with two HD 5870s then and an i7 at 3.2 GHz? I think until now I was pretty much running above 60 fps constantly and didn't see many dips below 60 fps. I've mainly been playing the single player though.

17. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Should never go below 60 unless you in some huge smoke with massive battles around you with tanks pound everything while you are zoomed in with a snipe rscope. Then in a nasty situation like that 50 fps sometimes but normal play never below 60 and if you unlock vsync would be in triple digits. max ingame AA, HBAO, DX11.

If the crossfire is broken you will also see better fps by disabling Catalyst AI in CCC as right now it is defaulting to AFR IIRC.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's strange. H.A.W.X. DX10 is definitely not working for me in CrossFireX but DX9 is, just the same as 10.6 beta. I still install these drivers over the existing betas though; normally I don't have any problems doing so.

Did you play the game or just run the benchmark (is it just that which is bugged?). Not that I don't believe you but could you post a screenshot from the benchmark showing GPU1 and GPU2 being used, thanks? It's just that I don't want the hassle of doing a clean install unless I know something *is* wrong with my driver installation.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well that didn't last long, they've put the site back the way it was lol

20. dutchdude21

dutchdude21 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 5970+5850 tri-fire
    Omg u are so right!
    Forgot what i was saying this drivers rocks!!!!!!!!
    I use 5970+5850
    Look at this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]