RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    In a near future we may have both options, overclocking through overdrive and more advanced overclocking using MSI Afterburner :)

I don't think so, I think it's better leave those duties to more specialized tools like MSI Afterburner.

You're welcome, Darren Hodgson, I'm glad you (and all of you that are reporting bugs here) kept trying RadeonPro, without bug reports from the community we can't iron out those bugs if everyone just waits for a stable version :)

I got why you end with up cloned profiles in ATT, that's because you already had them created in ATT then created them again in RadeonPro. I'll make RadeonPro search for the registry entries and only update forced vsync/triple-buffering registry keys instead of creating a duplicated registry key which results in a duplicated profile in ATT.

I think you're right, raphook.dll may be using 3D settings (AA/AF/etc.) based on settings you've set in ATT overriding RadeonPro 3D settings. I'll do a little research to see if that's the case.

Ok, I'll wait for the screenshot, it's a bit hard to know what's going on without the exact error message.

I would love to expose AA/CFX compatibility flags like nHancer does, but unfortunately Catalyst driver don't work the same way Geforce driver does. Geforce drivers use a NvApps.xml file which contains entries like below

Code:
    <PROFILE Label="arma2">
    <APPLICATION Label="arma2.exe"/>
    <PROPERTY Label="aa_behavior_flags" Value="0x00000001" Default="0x00000001" Itemtype="predefined"/>
    <PROPERTY Label="multichip_rendering_mode" Value="0x02506405" Default="0x02506405" Itemtype="predefined"/>
    <PROPERTY Label="hybrid_rendering_mode" Value="0x00000009" Default="0x00000009" Itemtype="predefined"/>
    <PROPERTY Label="multichip_dx10_rendering_mode" Value="0x000240F5" Default="0x000240F5" Itemtype="predefined" OS_TYPE="Vista"/>
    <PROPERTY Label="hybrid_dx10_rendering_mode" Value="0x00000009" Default="0x00000009" Itemtype="predefined" OS_TYPE="Vista"/>
    <PROPERTY Label="d3d10_aa_feature_bits" Value="05000000" Default="05000000" Itemtype="predefined"/>
    </PROFILE>
    I'm trying to figure out atiapfxx.blb file structure, If I can do it maybe we can start creating profiles with true AA/CFX compatibility instead of trickering Catalyst by renaming executables...

BTW, for Star Wars The Force Unleashed you can try Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway profile to enjoy forced AA and CrossfireX. For BLUR you can just set MVPUMode to AFR and tick Force High Priority, I've found that it's enough to make it run at 60 fps almost all the time. Without Force High Priority frame rate dips to 40'ish fps sometimes.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Again, thanks for your time and for those tips!

3. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @japamd - By the way, should I uninstall ATI Tray Tools or just disable (exit) it while I test RadeonPro or should it be OK to run both? I can't help thinking that the issues I'm having are because I also have ATI Tray Tools installed. Obviously, I only need to use one and I'd rather it be yours because you offer useful AA and CrossFireX tweaks that ATT doesn't. The user interface is also less cluttered and easier to use than ATT's.

As an ex-NVIDIA card user I found nHancer extremely useful for forcing AA in games and RadeonPro reminds me of that software as it's very much the ATI equivalent. You really should be asking ATI for a job in their driver department, you know, this kind of thing is long overdue for inclusion in the CCC.

What do you do for a living by the way... do you work in computing?

4. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Oh yeh forgot my issue with TFU was i found i had adaptive AA on which was screwing with it.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Weird, I found that I had adaptive AA set in the CCC's 3D section over the weekend while trying to get AA working in SWTFU and I cannot for the life of me remember ever setting it!!! :3eyes:

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Many thanks to Markus, your donation is much appreciated!!!

I've updated RadeonPro with a new version, the changelog is below:

06/09/2010 - New build 1.0.6.9 online. Users of 1.0.5.x builds must uninstall before installing.

- Fixed installer not detecting RadeonPro running at upgrade time, now the installer will alert if RadeonPro is running instead of giving errors while trying to replace files in use
    - Fixed game losing focus (game is minimized and desktop is shown) just after launching it when the following conditions are met:
    * Overclocking profile is selected;
    * MSI Afterburner is not running on background;
    * An Anti-Aliasing or CrossfireX Compatibility Profile is selected.
    - Added a custom error dialog box with option to send bug report (please use it). No personally identifiable information is sent, just the RadeonPro's version, Catalyst's information and error details.

;)

I have ATT installed, just don't use it together during the beta testing of RadeonPro. About the duplicated profile entries, you should try deleting the entries from RadeonPro and from ATT, the exit ATT and recreate them in RadeonPro to see if it works as expected.

nHancer is a must have for any NVIDIA user, IMO. I hope RadeonPro can become useful to all ATI users (like me) out there.

I work in TI business, mainly database systems and web applications :)

Ok, thanks :)

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @japamd - Right, here's a screenshot of the error message I mentioned earlier:

RadeonPro Error Message

I backed up all my ATT profiles then deleted them all and exited the program. I then ran RadeonPro v1.0.6.7, which showed me the profiles I'd made previously for Blur and Star Wars TFU. I changed the settings as you suggested earlier but on running both profiles I got the error message above. None of the settings I selected were applied even when I ran them again (when it did not give me the error message).

I also noticed that if I change the settings on one profile then click to another and then another that the profiles lose the settings I set. I've no idea why it is doing that but it might explain why none of the profile settings are working for me. I'm hoping that the error message in the screenshot will throw some light on this.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    UPDATE:

I exited ATT, deleted all the profiles from RadeonPro v1.0.6.7 and installed v1.0.6.9. I then created a profile for Star Wars The Force Unleashed using the BiAHH AA profile and set AA to 8xAA. It seems to be working now and I didn't get any unhandled exception errors all the time I ran it (tested it about three times). Looking good...

*EDIT*

... but I spoke too soon!

RadeonPro seemed to be working fine with one profile but when I created another for Blur, the AA settings for Star Wars TFU were lost and it had reset to Application Controlled.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The error you reported with build 1.0.6.7 means that RadeonPro Support Service was not updated properly and didn't have a method (GetArguments). That explains why your settings were not being applied nor saved on global settings.

I'll try to do exactly what you did, will report soon.

10. signas_86

signas_86 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI Watercooled
    i've tried your radeonpro last night..its really awesome!good joob japamd!

11. GJohnny

GJohnny Member

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon EAH5850v2
    I have same prob, aa and af seems to keep resetting to application default one a profile when I mess with another profile.

Also another prob I had is if I launch a game with a radeonpro profile, then alt-tab from that game and back, the settings seem to stop working, the game loses it's forced aa & af so I assume all the other settings stopped working aswell. I haven't tested this since 10 versions or so ago though, so it might be fixed by now.

But other than those 2 bugs, awesome work with so far :) I will donate some cash to you in a few weeks as you totally deserve it, we've needed proper profiles and a tool like RadeonPro for ages but ATI doesn't listen to its customers.

PS: This thread totally needs to be stickied, i've sent a sticky request to both mods of this forum. :grin2:

12. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Installed made game profile. Test it. Delete profile run game. Game still stuck with profile ??. Uninstalled program. Game still stuck with profile ????

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Are you also using ATI Tray Tools? If so then any profiles you create in RadeonPro will also appear in ATT even if the application was closed at the time you created it. This is because both programs use the same raphook.dll library and store the profiles (I believe) in the same location in the registry. Just delete the profile from ATT.

If you don't have ATT then check the CCC's 3D settings to make sure it hasn't altered the defaults there.

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

Please try newer version :)

Maybe you've changed global settings in RadeonPro too ? If you did so the settings will stick, even Catalyst not showing them. Read explanation below.

Settings changed in Global profile will not be reflected in CCC interface, but the 3D settings used by games will be those set in RadeonPro Global profile. The reason is simple: CCC will not re-read the registry looking for changes in settings (e.g. AF), if you change AF in RadeonPro it will change the corresponding video registry key and the driver will use it, unfortunately CCC is not smart enough to detect changes made by external programs dealing only with their own 3D settings values... or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    06/09/2010 - New build 1.0.6.10 online. Users of 1.0.5.x builds must uninstall before installing.

- Fixed "out of range" error for Texture LOD
    - Backup/Restore of RadeonPro profiles
    - RadeonPro Profiles won't interfere anymore with ATi Tray Tools profiles and vice versa

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Edit: Reverted download to build 1.0.6.9.

Builds .10 and .11 still has a bug while loading some profiles and the program may crash if some conditions are met.

---------------------
    My bad, .10 build has a critical bug that incorrectly reverts profile settings to default sometimes. I've just updated with a new build 1.0.6.11 that fixes only this issue.

If you installed 1.0.6.10 build I strongly advise to update to .11 build, even if your profiles settings are ok now, occasionally they will misbehave and revert settings to default with previous build.

Sorry.

Update log

06/09/2010 - New build 1.0.6.11 online. Users of 1.0.5.x builds must uninstall before installing.

- Fixed profile being incorrectly reverted to default

17. heltonxl

heltonxl Banned

GPU:
    HD 5850
    great program, if you could

japamd, radeonpro is great, simple and useful, but i have a request for you,
    you know the program fps limiter to limit the fps in directx9 games, but not in
    dx 10 and 11.

if you could implement this feature in radeonpro for dx9,10,11, this program will become even more great, thanks for your work.
    ati cards are now nice usable.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Looking forward to testing the v1.0.6.11 or later build... good to hear that you've stopped RadeonPro interfering with ATT's profile, japamd. Keep up the good work.

19. GJohnny

GJohnny Member

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon EAH5850v2
    Eh? When I download from the site I keep getting 1.0.6.9

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    japamd realised there was a bug in the v1.0.6.10 and v1.0.6.11 versions so has reverted back to v1.0.6.9 for now. I must admit I was caught out by that too because I looked at the first post in this thread first and didn't see the most recent post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.