RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's really impressive how much effort has been put into RadeonPro... great stuff. Wish ATI would put the same amount of effort into including the same thing in their drivers. Oh well...

I haven't installed the latest version yet - I'm still using v1.0.6.2 - but if I could be so bold as to make a request... I'd like to see an option to Rename the profiles a la nHancer so that, say for example, APGame.exe actually reads Alpha Protocol. Is that possible? Has it already been done?

2. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Could be useful for fixing the stupid gamma bug in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen too, a game I refuse to play because it looks so horribly washed out and no amount of fiddling with the in-game options fixes it. On second thoughts, the game is a heap of crap anyway and probably isn't worth the effort! :puke2:

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Cool :)

You can rename profiles by double-clicking an item, or select it and press F2. On newer builds you can also right-click an item to open context-menu, there's an Edit option there.

Thanks.

Agreed, crap game.

4. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    Hi Japamd,

Where can I make a donation for your awesome skills?

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    There's a donation button in RadeonPro About tab.

Thanks, your support is much appreciated. :)

6. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    Jampd achieved, with some trickery of course(blame ati), what ati hasn't in 6 years. This tool basically defeats the purpose of ATT/Rivatuner(which are becoming more and more outdated). This project definitely deservers to be put on the frontpage in the downloads section once it goes into RC phase of development.
    I almost forgot - sticky this topic =)

7. yaji

yaji Active Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4850 512MB

You won't see anything on the screenshots.

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Your right, since its every second frame out of 60-100fps
    So I made a movie which is available in 1080p instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nfenbqAhUk

10. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Just getting better and better, thx japamd. The affinity thing in the latest version is a great feature! Keep up the great work man!

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm still having problems getting RadeonPro to work on my system even with v1.0.6.7.

I created several profiles, some forcing AA and some disabling CrossFireX, but when I tried to run them either by right-clicking on the name from the window and selecting Play, or by double-clicking the game icon I got some exception error in a window with a wordy description of the issue (not always but often). Upon clicking OK to close this box the game then loads but none of the AA settings were applied and CrossFireX isn't disabled. Yet these same profiles worked fine with ATI Tray Tools. The profiles I created were for Blur (CrossFireX set to GRID) and Star Wars The Force Unleashed (CrossFireX disabled and AA set to BioShock).

Also if I set AA for a specific game profile then it seems to also changes the AA for the Global setting too. I only noticed this when I created a second and third game profile and noticed that the AA was set to 24xAA which was the setting I'd forced for the first game profile.

Finally, creating profiles in RadeonPro creates them in ATI Tray Tools (presumably because they share the same registry location?), which is fine, but if I rename a profile in RadeonPro then there are two entries in ATI Tray Tools, one for the original file, e.g. Blur.exe, and another with the new name, e.g. Blur. Not sure whether this counts as a bug or not because obviously if I'm using RadeonPro then normally I wouldn't be using ATI Tray Tools as well (or vice versa).

12. Darknssfalls

Darknssfalls Member

GPU:
    PC HD6950 @ 925ghz/1.2v
    Mmm...Like I said some posts before, I've never managed to force AA in practically any game that did not have his own in-game AA option, except for those using Unreal Engine 3. And this happens to me long before I start to use RadeonPro. All diferent types of rendering AA works on games that support it (MSAA, AMSAA, SSAA, Edge-Detect, X-Tent, etc...) but only without forcing any quantity of AA through RP or CCC. I don't know if this is (and judging from thousands of forums) common or I suffer some kind of spatiotemporal anomalies :roll:

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thank you for your support, I'm just trying to make RadeonPro the tool I was looking for years as an ATI user.

Thanks, new build will also have a option to force High priority. Overclocking stuff is almost done (using MSI Afterburner), I'm facing a small issue with game losing focus when MSI AB overclock profile is loaded (but only when MSI AB is not previously loaded) resulting in desktop being shown after MSI AB overclock profile loaded.

Please can you post a screenshot of the error? That should not happen and I'm pretty sure it's the cause of settings don't getting applied on your system as expected.

I have BLUR here and I'm using Grid profile for CrossfireX, it's working fine.

Again, that should not happen and indicates that something is broken there :(

RadeonPro uses a module from ATT (raphook.dll, used under permission from Ray Adams) to show fps and for forced vsync/triple-buffering stuff, to get them to work a registry key is needed which in turn result in a new profile entry in ATT (with only vsync/triple-buffering settings and executable name). I couldn't reproduce the 2 entries in ATT after renaming a profile in RadeonPro, maybe both programs were running when that happened?

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Forget what i said about Aero "bug". It was a bug from windows itself. Restarting made the trick. Sorry for the hassle.

@fagoatse

Can't agree more with you.

This should be stickied and the download be on the front page.

This is just too awesome!

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    06/08/2010 - New build 1.0.6.8 online. Users of 1.0.5.x builds must uninstall before installing.

- Added Force High Priority for game process
    - Added Overclocking support (requires MSI Afterburner 1.5 or newer)

Edit: just found a bug... when MSI AB process is not running, overclocking is enabled and an AA or CFX profile is selected, launching a game will not wait for MSI AB to apply overclock causing the game to lose focus. I'll fix it in next build. Sorry.

As a workaround, just leave MSI AB running on background.

[​IMG]

Good to know it wasn't RadeonPro's fault :)

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010

16. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    Can't the overclocking be accomplished without afterburner? Using overdrive instead so more applications are not needed?

I don't really see the advantage of using your app to control the afterburner profiles when you can already control those profiles with hotkeys. Where as the Overdrive options seem to be already part of the ATI Profiles manager so shouldn't be hard to add to your application and would benifit from easier control. Or is there some reason Overdrive can't be controlled?

I really like your app I was just hoping to eventually get rid of running more programs in the background just for 1 specific function.

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I could make use of Overdrive+CCC, but it requires a lot of work to change CCC profiles settings and make them load properly, not to mention that Overdrive don't support overvolt. The other solution is use ADL SDK, which I plan to use in order to add support to Eyefinity and other Catalyst controls, but as CCC Overdrive, ADL SDK doesn't support overvolt too.

If you try it you'll see that MSI Afterburner won't stay running in background, RadeonPro will launch MSI AB which in turn loads the OC profile then exits (unless it was already running when you start your game, in that case it will load the OC profile and stay running in background)

18. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    I see. Yes the afterburner method is more useful for the majority of people.

I control the voltage with the BIOS so was just looking for limited options like enable overdrive tick box, enable Manual Fan control tick box on a per game basis and then disabling both on game quit to avoid any 2d clock issues that occur when overclocks are enabled.

Any eyefinity support would be awesome btw good luck :)

19. istvant

istvant New Member

GPU:
    ati hd5770
    Hi @Japamd, possible that in the future (version) to have the option (Tweaks) appear show GPU load and GPU temp?.
    Thanks!

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @japamd - Thanks for replying.

When I created the profiles for the games in RadeonPro I'm pretty sure I'd shut down ATI Tray Tools by right-clicking on the icon in the system tray and selecting Exit. I did this because I knew that I had some identical profiles in ATT for Blur and Star Wars The Force Unleashed and wanted to test how RadeonPro handled them.

However if RapHook.dll is being used by RadeonPro too is there a chance of a conflict if an ATT profile already exists for that application? Maybe AA and CrossFireX weren't working in the games I tested because there were multiple versions of the same profiles with different names? I'll try creating a profile later without renaming it and see if that works. Since I'm the only one reporting this issue I suspect it's an issue at my end rather than a bug/glitch with your software.

The error message I got was an Unhandled Exception, something about GetMessage.blah.blah.blah from memory. The odd thing is that the message didn't come up every time, it seems like it happens once for a specific profile then if I load the same game again after I'd quit it then there's no error message. Could be again due to having multiple versions of the same game profile though with different names... perhaps? Obviously without the exact error you won't know what it's about so I'll post a screenshot later on.

By the way, is it possible to create AA Compatibility flags like nHancer rather than use the game executable rename trick you're currently using? The reason I'm asking is that certain games have specific CrossFireX profiles for them so if you force AA by renaming the game executable then that CrossFireX profile will no longer activate because the filename is effectively that of another game. For example, if I force AA in Star Wars The Force Unleashjed by using the BioShock profile (which renames the game to BioShock.exe) then CrossFireX doesn't work properly because the drivers no longer see the correct SWTFU.exe file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.