Crysis 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Zen0, Apr 9, 2010.

1. kainkain2

kainkain2 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512M
    OMG this game is gonna blow ppl's minds away lol
    i am getting a Fermi for this lol :D
    hope i can play it with Decent Frames hehe but i don't Think so we wont know until it come out
    :D

2. q8_devil

q8_devil Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 295
    of course they're never going to show pc version anytime soon.

if console peasants saw the real crysis 2 ( pc version ) they will never accept crysis on console :p
    also, crysis 2 will have dx11 and that's enough for me to do an upgrade before the release date.

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    What I've seen running on a console conviced me enough it would be a 100% buy. Now we just need to see the one true version up and running to add another 10%. :banana:

4. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Crysis isn't a sandbox game, it's based on levels in a pre defined order with moderately rigid objectives defined per level. So when comparing Crysis to other traditional shooters, it is much more open than the average.

5. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    I have to admit the gamplay is looking much better so far this time around- a lot of sense in there now e.g. combination of strength jumping and speed modes. Interchanging suit modules sounds good and weapon customisation is back which i quite liked. The aliens are much better now- true FPS enemy's instead of strange floaty things- I hope there are still a few of them but to just have the one alien type last time was boring.

6. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    You probably can, and it's certainly unlikely to become more advanced than C1.

Let's see. Controls are likely more consoly, fewer buttons do more things and more automatically...
    Textures will be worse quality because consoles are prioritized.

Plus, an arrow that tells the player all the time where to go, unnecessary achievements that have nothing to do with the gameplay itself but merely to reward players, tutorials and tips throughout the game so that the player doesn't get confused (lowest common denominator BS), more flashy graphics so that it looks more cool for the ADD kids, dumbed down AI so that the game is not too difficult with the end result of people not playing it through, even more action focused and levels that are more cramped and linear...

So yes it can.

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It looks cool but if it's anything like Crysis I won't be able to run it properly. Right now my PC handles anything but Crysis 2 will no doubt be as ridiculous as the first and I'm not planning to upgrade my PC any time soon.

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I don't see how C2 could be more demanding considering it also comes to the consoles. I expect better framerates in C2 than C1.

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Can't wait to push my 2x 470 in Crysis 2 :)

10. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Realtime light bounces/colour bleeding could be very demanding.

11. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    They'll scale it down to make it work on the consoles... the engine, and its editor can probably do a lot more than they'll put into the final game.

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That's not logical in any way

Just because it's going to Consoles does not mean it would not be more demanding for the PC

A Console version does not = less quality, it can, but it does not automatically mean that

13. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I thought that wasn't going to make it into the console version?

14. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Just saw the gametrailer's gameplay footage OMFG, it was supposedly the 360 version they demoed, first time i've ever been impressed with a console game, the animations are about 10000 times as good, and imo the graphics are better than crysis...

I don't know how they got it looking so good, this is going to look amazing on PC, and I think it will be the best looking console game on both consoles. If they got it looking and running that good on consoles then it will surely be optimized extremely well and run great on PC

15. hirmak

hirmak Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX285

16. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    And not only looking good, but also does it run very smoothly from what I could see, while I can remember halo 2 had often had some stutterings at certain scenes

17. sidhu88

sidhu88 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4570M
    I'm definitely going to get this game!!

But i'm disappointed that the story is a reboot! The way they ended the first game was just brilliant!

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Overkill, 360 is only x1800+, and the PS3 is around a 78/7900 lol.

19. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    Am I the only one here who thinks that Crytek is one of the only companies left that will NOT make console game wich gets ported to the PC, but actually makes a PC game that will get ported to the different consoles, and turned down special for each console, so that every platform runs it at its perfect settings?

So don't sell your 2 470's yet!:p

20. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    The common ground will be lower. Of course the PC version have more but since consoles are now involved focus will be less on the PC.
    Also, they made Warhead a bit easier on the systems and I personally at least expect them to continue this trend. They also reach a larger market if more people can run the game well. Money talks..