need a new gaming miouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tranceholic, May 28, 2010.

1. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    need a new gaming mouse

my microsoft laser 50000 just broke on me, i opened up and found a cracked plastic so i can no longer LEFT click on it :bang: now i'm using a wired mice which is pain of ass. i'm not looking for anything fancy, i just need a two button "both-hand friendly" wireless LASER mouse with scroll wheel and high dpi resolution for fps gaming :biggun:

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    i'm looking for a shape like this, so i'm able to use both hand

[​IMG]

3. Ph@ntom

Ph@ntom Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770 HAWK Twin Frozr
    I'm a big fan of Logitech products and always loved the MX shape. The G5 remains a winner today IMO.

4. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Just a tip, don't only look for laser mice, there's no real performance difference between laser and optical.
    The "normal" laser mice run at 800dpi which is no greater than normal optical mice.
    Also, many gaming mice use optical and have above 4000dpi.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Mate where are you getting all your info from?

Nonsense.

Imho the G5 is far superior..... :wanker:

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  6. Ph@ntom

Ph@ntom Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770 HAWK Twin Frozr
    I also wanna add, a friend of mine borrowed me his CM Storm Sentinel mouse for a week. A nice little mouse with over 5000 dpi, I have to say, but its rather too flat and didn't fit my hand nicely. Also, its thumb arc around the side is too wide and the side edges are flat-down, meaning that it pokes easily into a cloth surface if you play fast-twitch FPS games. My G5 is rounded at its sides so that gets rid of the poking issue that I had with the Storm.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You won't like the G5 then, but I think? the MX500 may be similar...

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Laser mice that don't skip (they both use the same sensor, Avago 9500):

- Steelseries Xai (using this one now)
    - Logitech G500

2 opticals you can never go wrong with:

- The old 1800dpi Deathadder
    - Logitech MX518

The G500 logitech is slightly larger then the original MX shape. Being such an awesome mouse, but now to big for my small hands, I bought the Xai which is smaller and I'm very pleased.
    Either you pick one of these or a very old 400 dpi mouse, anything else is just a spaceship with retarded gadgets.
    Stay away from Laser mice from razer such as the imperator. The actual sensor is very good, but the added Z-Axis tracking messes it all up, creating a very unreliable mouse in the end.
    The Xai is really small and lightweight (94 grams), so if you've got big hands that one probably isn't an option, try the G500 then.

9. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    Second the above suggestions, specially the deathadder. The shape fits like a glove in my hand, the ruber top is a welcome change over the glossy mx518 finish, the side buttons are place more comfortable for my holding, and i personally like the the glow.

10. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    after running 3 stores checking out every mice options and brought m$ wireless mouse 5000. the funny thing is i got a little excited in the car and opened up the package. when i got home, i looked all over for the USB adapter and not a sight. i went through the garage where the plastic/package inside but still not there. i searched inside the car all over and still not there. i finally gave up thought about going back to the store and exchange a better one. i got to the car and searched once again. finally i found the adapter on the side of passenger seat. now i'm learning how to aim again :|

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Aargghh...you would have been better off with a corded mouse if you're a FPS whore...

But if you're happy that's the main thing :)

12. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    haha believe me i 'was' a corded fpser well back in 99' i was using corded mice with left hand and flying joystick with the other in Quake2 LOL epic game :biggun:. now i use mice with left hand and use Num keys with right. for some reason i just don't get aiming with right hand anymore lol. yes i am happy now :)

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Oh yeah, if you use Win7, give the Mark C mousefix a try assuming you haven't already.

Takes care of the acceleration problem when gaming in Win7

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    They've also got a wcafix now for windows 7, I'll upload it, since it's rather hard to find.
    The difference between the wcafix and the registry fixes, is that the wcafix bypasses the windows code that enables acceleration.

Basically, "Enhance mouse pointer precision" is the same as mouseacceleration. The windows mouse ballistics have 2 parts of code, 1 when it's ticked off (thus without accel) and one with it ticked on (mouseaccell). Some (mainly older) games, will "tick" it on, even if you disabled it, when ingame. By making the code the same for both (making the box you can tick useless), there's no accel and all games will have the same feel.

http://rapidshare.com/files/392887234/WCAFix_W7.rar

15. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Internet, manufacturer detailed specs etc. personal experience.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Ahh cheers bro - d/l now...