how many of you that married but still playing games?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by signas_86, May 26, 2010.

?

gaming or no more gaming?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2010.
  1. married but still gaming

57 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. married and divorce with gaming

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol..well said..same here..iam at home next to her..and no smoke , drink or gamble..so she is fine..

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Heh, it's the way 90% of girls are unless they are a gamer themselves. Don't game around them, don't enjoy your hobbies. It's illegal to them.

They can have fun doing their thing, but when it comes to the guy, you better be a slave and nothing but. Or they will find an excuse to leave you.

I know from experience.

Was mever married, and doubt I ever will be, but I know from my ex GF.

3. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    My wife used to give me grief about gaming even though I have always taken care of my family & work responsibilities first.

Now she has become a facebook addict and spends more time on the computer than I do. :3eyes:

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Sorry for offtopic, but we have some similar specs. Had to throw that in there.

And yer a lucky guy, at least your wife doesn't mind your hobbies.

5. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    What does being married have to do with playing games?

6. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW

I guess it all boils down to picking the right girl.

Don't marry a bitch! They will only make your life miserable.

7. ibitato

ibitato Guest

this is very TRICKY I had to cut down my gaming to saturday morning (ab 3 hours) , while on hotels / work trips and any other ocassion I can...

women compete with gaming , they hate a comp stealing your time from them, even if you are doing NOTHING at that moment, with her
    I trully hate it, sh1t , but I cant live wo/ my woman

8. ibitato

ibitato Guest

that's what they all say at the beggining .......
    then sh1t happens ..... 8/10 times

9. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    maybe u should read again what op said :wanker:

10. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I am going to try to translate this, because i don't speak or understand slang.

" I just want to know, because my girlfriend keeps telling me i am Immature because i like to play games "

I hope i translated that correctly, if so. I still have to ask, what does playing games have to do with being married? If your wife or gf thinks you are immature because you play games, than your wife or gf is a fool, simple as that. Anyone, at any age should be able to play video games. Video games are not meant to be played by young children(young and old), they are meant to be played by all children of this earth.

To answer your question, i am not married, but i have a gf, and i can play games whenever i feel like it haha.

11. dshramek

dshramek Guest

I have been married for 8 years & still game at least 2 hours a day, usually 1 in the morning & 1 at night after work.
    My wife usually complains if I ignore her, but she also buys games for me on Christmas & b-days. Like others posted, gaming is the worst of my vises. I don't go out to bars, don't smoke & drink very little.
    Surprisingly, my wife didn't fight with me when I bought a ps3 last week. I guess she knows she can spend more time on Facebook, now...lol.

12. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Not many people marry bitches, they just turn into them, lol.

41 years here, and still game most nights. In fact a guy in our clan is in his 50's and he games more than any of us.
    As said before, its our release from the stresses of work, and i dont watch TV.

13. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    as long as my wife can play Farcry and geometry wars.. i can play games whenever i want!!

14. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Same here. I've been married six years. I do put spending time with my family as my first priority though. I usually play a couple of hours each night after everything has settled down and my son has gone to bed.

15. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Man im 51 got 3 grandkids and still playing games.

16. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    ^ This is true.

But you can usually tell during the *SPAM* period if they have bitchy, controlling, needy side to them, it shows through eventually.

I've been married to the same woman for 17 years and we have two kids (one graduating high school this year) - it's been a wild ride, lol.

17. ibitato

ibitato Guest

It's good to know thatthre is ppl >40 still playing !!
    gives me hope , :D

18. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    happily married (going on 2 yrs) and just had out first child :D - I don't game nearly as much as I used to, but I still do PC gaming some each week (3-10 hrs depends on what else is happening). When we both have the time we even game together, which is the best of both worlds - gaming and spending time together = wonderful. She went from never using a computer for anything other than email/blogging to playing all the way through Guild Wars, Call of Duty 5 and Rainbow 6 Vegas. It remains to be seen how much coop time we'll have with an infant now though.... hehe

19. sano614

sano614 Guest

GPU:
    VisionTek 5870
    Been married for almost 12 years, and still play video games all the time. When time permits ofcourse.

She doesn't mind at all, because she also plays video games. So buying new hardware, or a console, is no issue!

20. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Got married last year, still gaming though, but thats probably because the wife loves playing adventure games and puzzle games