No signs of Catalyst 10.5?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Roffle, May 9, 2010.

1. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Bullet Physics Engine ATI AMD - add this to your search browser. This will be open-source engine with both support CPU+GPU (OpenCL & DirectCompute5.0 physx support?) at the same time! So the performance will be great on 4 cores CPU with HD4xxx & HD5xxx series. But when this will be come out...

2. sivis

sivis Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 (950 Mhz)
    Hell yeah! With PhysX we could see how corpses were break-dancing in a rocks,cars and big metal sheets.

And AMD will extend this awesome features! Maybe we will see 20t tank flying?
    DO WANT!

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Who cares about the 400 series getting a decent performance boosting driver, we got one about 2 months ago lol.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  4. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Where's 10.9:bang:

Come on guys, with all due respect. Go outside and get some fresh air and forget about drivers every second. Believe me there are other things way more productive to obsess about.

Last edited: May 24, 2010

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    [​IMG]

I'm with you brother!:)

6. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    You got me thinking.

hmmmm .

Yeah pcs arent the be all and end all of life, but its so hard to not get addicted to them.

wish i was married, then i wouldnt be able to use them so much :)

7. ForMol

ForMol Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabite GTX 980ti Xtreme
    Trust me .. married or not .. you will still find that time to play / bench .. whatever u like ..

I'm there .. doing that :p

Interesting on the Bullet Physics Engine ATI AMD, something new to read for tonight.
    Drivers will come .. the longer it takes .. the better they come .. don't worry :D

8. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Man love to be married to that!
    I think most of us just have an issue they want fixed real bad. Me I hoping the rumers are true and tess is gonna run better, but I sure dont believe it.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've been trying to tell people this for a long time....they still don't get it and never will. There have been countless posts of people with multiple GPU's having no issues, while others have nothing but. There have also been countless posts of people with single GPU having nothing but problems while the majority of the world has none... fact of computer hardware: some idiot will screw up the simplest of things and immediately blame the creator for their own screwup.

Too bad nVidia keeps screwing the pooch on DX9 performance.... Throughout the last 4-5 driver releases, I've consistantly watched my WoW framerates slowly deteriorate. Where I was once getting a minimum framerate of 68fps, now I'm down to 28fps.....40fps drop over 4-5 drivers. At least ATI was consistant.....crappy DX9 minimum framerates from day 1...

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  10. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    I hope 10.5 will bring a lot of changes/fixes/perfomance increase just like 257.15 from NV.

11. ForMol

ForMol Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabite GTX 980ti Xtreme
    257.15 .. lots of problems actually ... needs alot of fixing

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah, its amazing how every month a thread always gets started, asking where the *** that months drivers are, before the month is even over, and then its filled with loads of people slagging ATi off and moaning for not releasing them lol, ******* hilarious, ive even seen these threads started at the first week of the months.

These threads should be started the following month, when they havn't delivered, like if 1st June comes around, and no sign of the May 10.5's, then fill yer boots, get yer slagging ATi threads started then, but please, don't do it when they still have 3 weeks of the month left, please just grasp the concept, they release a new driver every month, surely the 10 years that they've been doing it this way, has bloody sunk in, surely you are not that slow.

Ive grasped it look, this month has 31 days, its the 25th today, so thats 6 days left still for them to release em, see, easy when you know how. :D

Trouble is though, these threads done the correct way, would never be started, as to my knowledge, they've never missed a release yet. :p

13. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    I'm an ex-nVidia user, I'm almost happy with Radeon drivers, but I'm discovered 2 very annoying video problems with Catalyst 10.4 and I'm hope AMD/ATi will fix they with Cat. 10.5. Some tessellation tuning, encoding and fix of little bugs with some games it's very appreciated. Ex. CCC seems don't apply AA and Vsync with some games. This can influence the future shopping :D
    When, I understand the nervousness :hatty:

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  14. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    man i reconise this chick when she did this act with the glass box she gets inside, she was in pitt st mall in sydney. haha

15. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    hear hear.
    well said.

16. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    QFT for the above. However, I do find myself checking the driver page a liiiitle too many times over the past week or so, but I guess it is not starting a thread saying ATI is terrible.

17. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Only thing I really hope ATi fixes is bc2 frame rate drop in sp and more toward the end of a match in mp and I have the hsao off and still frame issues persist when my pc is suppose to run it smoothly.BTW I get plenty of fresh air at my new job seeing how 100% of my 8 hour shift is out side on a loading dock unloading trucks.

18. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Who knows? :gape:

19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    wat...

could the moment all ATI users waited for come trough ? or will ATI be cheapscakes and say:
    "no no we do not want to buy your free physx engine, we make our own with your knowledge! muhahaa!"

20. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Take it like I do all other rumors, with a grain of salt. That way if something turns out true you end up being more surprised than disappointed in the long run. I don't just use this method for ATi FYI, lol. I've used it with Nvidia too, though that was one disappointment after the next. I can only blame myself though, should have researched the 9800GX2 beforehand.