Note: Rivatuner and Nvidia 257.15 compatibility

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by boogieman, May 25, 2010.

1. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Note: Rivatuner and Nvidia 257.15 beta compatibility

Before you install them.

From here

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

And one more note:

The changes mentioned by NVIDIA affect accessing driver's registry entries only. So only Direct3D and OpenGL settings are affected and not working in all currently available tools now. System things like overclocking, fan control and monitoring do not need any modification, so if you don't use D3D/OGL settings in RT - you have nothing to worry about.

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    So get your @ss in gear. :D

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I've returned to RT from MSI-AB several weeks ago. Running flawlessly since also with 257.15. Not bothered by D3D or OGL settings. Just using it for fan control, monitoring and task events (protection/shutdown).

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I just updated drivers from some old 84.xx versions, had RT setup already before upgrade . I only use the low level fan auto setting and OC in drivers (I don't use D3d, OpenGl settings) .
    I was very surprised to see the 266.58 listed drivers, that seemed to get auto recognized . I didn't need to forced the version # in power user tab .

6. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    im starting to like nvidia inspector smaller program ..does same sht n D3D/OGL work lol

7. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    did someone allredy found out that d3doverrider doesnt work with win 7 sp1 anymore?

it was working perfect before i updatet to sp1..no it only makes 2 sounds a the start of the game and thats it , not working...

Please Unwinder is there a way to fix that or do we have to wait for an Update , if d3doverider gets updatet...I hope so...

greetz Beta

edit:

Forget that , d3dO is working not just on some games anymore...

but on da2 it works perfect...forgive me please..

greetz Beta...and THX Unwinder for ur great d3doverrider...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  8. Morikal

Morikal New Member

Hmm, so I have 266.58 drivers installed, and I get no option for low level tweaks at all in rivatuner... I'm seeing refresh rate & color overrides, and the graphics subsystem diagnostic report, but no other options.

I'd really like to lower my fan speeds, since the silly driver won't go lower than 40% (even though my gtx460s are 30 degrees).

9. Lord Meshadieme

Lord Meshadieme Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GT430
    Hello guru3d,
    may i inquire if there is anyway to get rivatuner to work with the new drivers, im only getting forceware detected and no customize button. I know ive already understood that the new api may not work at all from now on since the development of rivatuner is over. But from the posts above they seem to have it working so i would like some clarification thanks.
    Edit: ok after checking my laptop's setup (which has everything working) i see that the hardware monitoring is in the lowlevel module,but currently my low level card gt430 is not supported then, there is no way to force this to work maybe mix match the database from afterburner or something like that?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  10. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Add your hardware ID to RivaTuner.cfg. Search the forums, the info is here.

11. Lord Meshadieme

Lord Meshadieme Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GT430
    thanks for the help but after alot of hacking at this im still unable to get any low leveling access, so for ive tried the following after digging around here and there.

first added the family id and allias from the RTCore.cfg file in evga precision.

Code:
    G103	= CA0h-CAFh
    G105	= A20h-A3Fh
    G108	= A60h-A7Fh

Code:
    [GPU_G103]
    Alias	= GT215

[GPU_G105]
    Alias	= GT216

[GPU_G108]
    Alias	= GT218

then i added the northbridge information after digging at then intel site.

Code:

VEN_8086_DEV_3405 = Intel X58

lastly added the gpu dev id in the ven 10DE section

Code:
    DEV_0DE1 = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 430"

after a restart im still unable to get low level functionality, so what am i missing as there are no 'guides' to hacking the config file ive only gotten so far. any help is appreciated as i only want the hardware monitoring to be available i dont mind over clocking with after burner / evga.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  12. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Try add the bold data (including comma) to your G108 line, save and restart RT.

G108 = A60h-A7Fh,DE1h

And yes I would not recommend RT to overclock. These days I only use it for hardware monitoring with AIDA64 plugin.

13. Lord Meshadieme

Lord Meshadieme Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GT430
    wow thanks your a lifesaver,
    okay this got the tab open but most of the values are not even being read, everything related to the gpu is not read correctly, cpu hdd so far is good. ill try the real temp plugin in a while.

14. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    You're welcome.
    Yeah, that's why I use AIDA64 plugin along with RT and configured shared memory.

HWinfo32 is another option that supports writing sensor values to RTSS.

Have fun :)

15. Lord Meshadieme

Lord Meshadieme Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GT430
    Um, sorry to bug again but aida64 plugin fails to load values, ive already enable shared memory.

EDIT:
    I believe its a conflict with the preinstalled everest plugin as they have the same id's and such how do i get rivatuner to rebuild its database since ive moved the everest plugin out already. and id also like a new cfg file for aida64 or some information on how to build my own based on what values i want. the cfg file that comes with it exactly the same from everest.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011

16. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    rivatuner.exe /build

If the plugin still values don't load, clean reinstall RT, do your ID mod and try again. It doesn't matter if Everest plugin is there, just don't enable it.

All of the shared memory values which you can add to RT are documented in AIDA64 help. Search "External Applications"

17. Lord Meshadieme

Lord Meshadieme Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GT430
    so it turns out the plugin was the problem, it seems the plugin provided by unwinder does not work maybe because of it being 64 bit win7.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?260770-Aida64&p=4624206&viewfull=1#post4624206
    i used the modified everest plugin and got it working.
    and also found the 'trick' to export all the values from aida64 using the plugin cfg file making export = 1, now all i have to do is make a macro to translate all that to work with the rivatuner formatting, have to code a macro or something but ill manage now thanks.

18. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Unwinder's Everest plugin works fine for Everest. The Everest plugin wasn't made for AIDA64. The AIDA64.dll is a recompilation of the Everest.dll plugin to make it work with AIDA64's shared memory.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  19. Lord Meshadieme

Lord Meshadieme Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GT430
    abit off topic but the only thing that isnt showing is the SMEMCLK value or Memory Clock, is it only me or is it something with aida64 / the plugin.

20. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    It's working here.

Go to AIDA64 > Preferences > Hardware Monitoring > OSD

Click "Show OSD Panel"

Now in "OSD Items" check "Memory Clock"

Click "Apply" and see if it shows up in the AIDA64 OSD panel.

You have to enable it in "External Applications" if you expect RT to see it.