Corsair H50 alternatives

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by smith10210, May 22, 2010.

1. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Im not to happy with my H50. Ive had it a week and have tried reversing fans in my case push/pull intake and exhaust and am tired of it. This unit is only a few degrees' Celsius better than my Arctic Freezer i had. Im hitting around 55C on stock voltage when gaming sometimes a little higher i easily hit 60C at 3.8ghz/1.45volts. I'm idling at 42C right now on stock voltage its about 68 degrees in my room. Im thinking of trying this maybe Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler seems to have great reviews. I have a ANTEC 300 case with 2 120mm fans in front intake, 1 120mm on side intake, 1 140mm on top exhaust, H50 intake.. Or maybe i should get a bigger case for better airflow im not to sure.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    The NH-D14 is indeed better but don't expect any miracles. You'd have to be able to sell your H50 for like $ 50 because otherwise I think it wouldn't be a good idea and also, what do you mean by '120mm & 140mm'?

3. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The D14 comes with the P12 & P14, 120mm & 140mm fans.

4. NemesisT103

NemesisT103 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Ati HD 5850
    Well mate i really doubt any air cooler will give you a decent improvement over the H50 like... the difference would be too little to go through the trouble...

5. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Yea your probably right but i thought my temps where to high for the 955BE.

6. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    With all that intake of air, where is the exhaust? Personally, I'd try to even things out. Possibly shoot air in from front and rear and blow it out the side...if possible to even the air in/exhaust flow. That is, taking into account your PSU fan as well. :)

7. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    ^ yup. the problem doesn't seems like is your cool. But it seem like you have to chnage the directions of your case fans.

8. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Yes but I was assuming if temps are the problem it would be wise to install a third fan on it to close the gap between its exhaust and the case exhaust fan (the one which now serves as an intake on the H50), thereby perfectioning the case airflow.

9. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    60C at 1.45v isnt that bad really, its alot of voltage for 3.8ghz though.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    hahaha,not laughing at you just that stupid h50 that you bought,people think there great water coolers until they buy one,as you can see in your case.

11. contrvlr

contrvlr Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570HD
    What a jackass

12. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Next time when you want to go H2O do it good , buy a good cpu coolblock and a good radiator. It cost more but the performance you get is way superior to the H50.
    Don't want to spend a lot , buy a good aircooler.
    I just don't believe in these small closed watercooling systems.

13. elchico

elchico Guest

GPU:
    RX 6800
    try the d14 or the vem-x

14. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    Ive got the same case but am running much cooler BUT.................im running a MSI 260 GPU & a 80w dual core not a OCed 125w quad. My highest CPU temps are 38c. All my fans are setup same as yours. Your GPU runs a lot hotter then mine also. That extra heat inside the case isn't helping either. A H50 is only as good as a hi- end aircooler at best unless your room temps are fridgid. Your temps however are at safe limits considering the hardware you have & the OC. Only way to cool better is a monster case and or a hi-end water cooling setup.

15. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    That was real helpful, troll much?

16. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Just ignore it, its a typical Veteran post when it comes to the H50. He has a personnel vendetta against it it would seem.

As for the OP probs not really sure, not used an AMD chip since my K6-2 450Mhz lol

The H50 configured to exhaust would definatly cause a problem. When i had mine exhaust always performed worse than intake.

However i think he said its been configured as intake aswell, so the H50 would indeed be getting cooler air from outside the case. Although that GTX470 is also spewing hot air out the back of the case too, so perhaps some of that was being pullled in by the fan.

If not perhaps he should try re seating the pump don't know if he removed the stock paste and tried using a diff one in which case he may have used too much.

17. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    ^ The H50 has two basic properties: its loop is closed and sometimes people wish that Veteran's mouth about it could as well be closed. :grin2:

18. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    ^^ LOL

I don't know what his problem is, i did speculate in another thread somewhere but he didn't respond to it.

Anyway, anyone with half a brain doesn't need to be told that this product won't perform as well as £200+ custom loop. Know doubt corsair never intended for it too either.

19. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I bought one recently. I did consider it for my gaming rig but I'm ruling that out now. I will be using this in a server/ office PC later this year. Should work well on stock clocks, in a standard ish PC.

20. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Something wrong with ur setup, I am using an H50 on an i7 @ 3.8Ghz (a much hotter chip) and I idle ate 39-42C in the summer 31-34 in the winter (used to be 29-32 before dust attacked my case) and load temps are 64-68C, u shuld look into reseating it

btw is that 60C on ur cores or a Tcase reading?