'North Korean torpedo' sank South's navy ship

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Rifle_Grunt, May 20, 2010.

1. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    We had the so called "Axis of Evil", Iraq, Iran and North Korea. Iraq was invaded and Iran seemed to be next but N Korea started sabre rattling by detonating what could really only be a nuke underground. I suppose the same effect (seismic event of 4.7 for one) could possibly be done with HUGE amounts of TNT or other high explosives but it would HAVE to be a hell of a lot of explosives. It seems the IAEA beleive North Korea have nuclear weapon capability and i KNOW the intelligence agencies like the CIA, Mossad, MI6 and various other agencies will know what capability they have.

Anyway, since North Korea was thought to have nukes it quickly became obvious that a US lead invasion would not happen. This lead Iran to try and accelerate their nuclear weapons program under the transparent guise of peaceful nuclear power and research, they want a nuke so they won't get invaded cause they saw North Korea wasn't going to be invaded.

North Korea is one of the most isolated and secret country in the world, as i said they have the 4th largest standing army in the world full of devoted fanatical nut cases just like their dear leader (the little man). I am certain N Korea's military capability is anything but WWII era, in fact they gave missile technology to Pakistan in exchange for A Q Khans help in giving them the expertise and details on how to make a viable nuclear weapon, prototype or not.

When the Manhattan Project finally found a way to split the atom it didn't take long for them to go from a prototype to a deliverable weapon. Of course it was delivered via aircraft since rocket, missile and ballistic technology was in its infancy. North Korea doesn't have that problem since they gave missile tech to A Q Khan, that and the probability that any nuclear device North Korea could create would be much more sophisticated than the nukes dropped in WWII, it would be a much smaller package, probably somewhere between a tactical nuke and a ballistic nuke. I am not saying they could stick a nuclear warhead on a missile, i don't know about that, maybe they could, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Even if they couldn't, or if they could then it's likely it would be shot down by South Korea's far more sophisticated missile systems backed by the US. So if it came to it, i would bet that there would be no shortage of fanatical soldiers willing to literally sneak a nuclear device across the border and detonate it as close to Seoul as possible, even if it took 4 or 5 such soldiers using backpacks.

I don't know, all do know is that North Korea could deal serious devastation to South Korea without using nukes. They would use not only conventional weapons and bombs but also chemical weapons of which they have large stockpiles and they will definitely have deliverable warheads, for SURE.

No one knows the real capability of the N Korean armed forces, i mean it's like any other country, the only weapon systems we know about are the ones that have been sold by various countries, other than that, we don't know the capability of the weapons they don't sell.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    ^ if NK had a superweapon capable of being a force on the world stage they would bargain* with it for more modern equipment.

NK has 8800 AA batteries that are promoted as being 'mostly impervious to EMP since they're mostly mechanical'; I'll let you figure out what that really means.

*etclarify: I don't mean normal NK bargaining where they threaten to kill people & starve themselves, I mean they'd trade it to Russia & China for military hardware.

3. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    yeah thanks for wasting my time by having to show that systems aren't fool proof and fail safe...come around next time I claim that the sky is blue.

4. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    Finally someone who also believes in facts....
    OK this may seem a little harsh but this thread got me thinking. I hope not to offend anyone too deeply, but I realised that:

Trying to explain to Americans the travesties done , both recent but also on-going, by and on the behalf of their country is like trying to explain to a devout religion believer that their religion has also caused perhaps more harm than good.... They just simply won't listen. It doesnt even come into question. There is no perspective.

This led me to a second thought. If only individuals would leave their country and live in another for some years, integrating into the other countries culture, perhaps a new perspective would be found...?

Now generally speaking, the recent speech by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to the UN, and the response from countries like the USA confirmed, at least to me, that the USA is in no way concerned with peace.

How many of you actually watched the entire speech as opposed to reading a disgustingly slanted CNN report. I used to think he was a nut. But actually I realised I was just listening to the wrong people.

Please watch and more importantly listen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r__RO9V5TVk

5. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Fixed.

6. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
  7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Sorry...that one went right over my head......care to elaborate?.....:question:

8. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Not attacking you in any way, but it seems as if you didn't give any reason as to why Ice was incorrect in his viewing. All you did was say that he was wrong without reasoning. It made it look like you were just unknowing of what to say. :confused:

9. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
  10. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    The Man is a complete freaking nutt case and so is most of these leaders of Muslim ran countries

These countries have the worse Human abuse records than any other place in the world ,

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants nothing more than to commit genocide towards isreal and you realy think they want nukes just for power ?? If so you are living in a fantasy world

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah I hear what you're saying...and u maybe right, but I didn't want to create a ****storm by explaining why I thought that...so I just left it...

You might ask Stukov, Devolution or Palerider the same thing, as we all seem to have a similar POV....

I'll just say this: when discussions like this one take place, it's easy to tell what age bracket some people belong to....;) k?

12. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    It's not like he's hiding it or anything, he's saying it in plain sight. I don't understand how mossad can have failed to assassinate this guy for so long :biggun:

Either way back to topic, if you see any news on this I can't find anything

This: Clinton Condemns N. Korean Sinking of South's Ship; Promises International Response

13. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What we need here is obvious.

A sternly worded letter should get NK to stop.

14. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Bingo.And furthermore,it's the reason rogue countries act up to begin with.
    Face it, it's the US keeping peace in that region, and when our leaders show contempt for their own power, intentionally take steps to weaken our military, and undermine their own policy-people like poon-tang will take advantage of our weakness.
    Much like having a substitute teacher.You gonna tow the line like you would if your mean teacher isn't there? Of course not.You'll push to see how far that teacher can be pushed.Same for world leaders.

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Last edited: May 22, 2010

16. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    I'm ****ing tired of lame sanctions, but if action is taken then SK is as good as a crater.
    Dammit...

17. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Completely agree- this is a no win situation

18. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ToT + Excalibur

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Well there's another aspect that hasn't been mentioned. Brinkmanship.

KJI is very good at playing brinkmanship as that's part of his negotiating strategy.

Remember a year or two ago when the saber rattling was going on over the nuclear reactors.
    Turned out he wanted aid afaicr, and negotiations took place and he got what he wanted.

If he were to provoke an attack, his trump card has been played, once this happens he has no more leverage to use against the west and sh!t I gotta client waiting dammit.

Just saying imho each side will a act in a way which while aggressive, does not escalate further than it needs to...

Gotta go..

20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Could've been a local dis chanted NK commander that fired the torpedo.