Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah guys..i cant hear LOCALIZED voices..it resets itself..thanx for info :)

edit: yeah this works ..ahaha interesting voices :)

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    R8 client and R12 server is undergoing Q&A testing currently. :)
    http://twitter.com/OfficialBfbc2
    (Has a few links to more detailed info as well like some of the changes and community discussions.)

3. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    I must say they are really moving fast with the updates, but damn 500mb! ??
    I wonder if they are implementing the color scheme for hard core servers which would be easier to identify.

4. CHUCKIT

CHUCKIT Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 8G
    500mb!

from: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-service-update/1088496-client-r8-server-r12-qa.html
    -----------------------------------
    The next release of the game client is currently in QA.

We will perform another synchronized client/server update. It is expected to take place early next week.

The client update will be roughly 500MB in size.

Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
    Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
    Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
    Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
    Server - Idle kick is controllable
    Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
    Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
    Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
    Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
    Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
    Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
    Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
    Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
    Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
    Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
    Admin Interface - much more info on kills
    Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
    Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
    Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
    Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
    Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
    Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
    Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
    Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
    Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
    Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress
    Server Browser - Now refreshes information
    Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
    Server Browser - all settings are automatically saved between sessions
    Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
    Client - Fixed some crashes
    Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
    Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
    Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
    Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
    Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
    Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
    Client - Improved Play Now functionality
    Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
    Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
    Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
    Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons

:nerd:

5. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    hell yeah! :D

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Okay fellas a quick poll on this one.

Caught this guy with a shockingly high score a few games in decided to team and and join his squad to see what he was up to. Notice how he goes from shooting one target to immediately shooting another one on the opposite side of the map. The movement is far to quick and far to perfect to be anything other than some sort of aim assist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAnCaTuPaR4

The quality is crappy but all that matters is the movement from one target plus kill straight to another plus kill with no actual aiming involved and just in case anyone is interested here are his stats. K/D of 5+ in all areas.... hmmm

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/G3Neral W4R

Also anyone know if I tidy the footage up and submit it if EA would actually ban, I do have a lot more video but I would have to sit through it and ID the specific areas where the 'aimbot' is obvious.

7. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Not to mention his very high accuracy and the fact that like 90% of his kills are headshots for most weapons.

EA doesn't care and also has no way of "banning" people since they don't control punkbuster. You could submit your footage on the website for the server you were playing on or at www.pbbans.com.

8. BigAlBeast25

BigAlBeast25 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI OC
    Does anybody have crashing and freezing? I'm playing single player and its doing this.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Correct me if I am wrong but the account you log in via BF2 is an EA account, and they do have a dedicated process for dealing with this sort of thing. So whilst they may not be able to ban him outright they should be able to at least ban his current account and force him to restart. I remember a lot of this sort of thing happening with BF2, people had their accounts deleted reset and generally messed with by EA so they must have at least some way of being able to do it... weather they care enough to do anything is another matter.

No matter its five minutes of my time to report him and if it works then we have one less cheater in game if it doesn't well at least some people will now to look out for him.

10. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Ha Ha. LOL That is exectly how Russians sound to me in that game.

11. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    Laughing Ma, he's a cheat. You can try to send it to PB bans but don't expect too much. EA doesn't give a rats a$$.

It's always been on the admins to police servers, PB gets the majority of hacks sold publicly but not the private ones.

And since BC2 doesn't have Battle Recorder, cheaters are going to be quite common unfortunately.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    guess that's one advantage to my PS3 version.... but still have 3/4 of the population playing as Recon and doing jack sh*t.

13. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    If EA bans him, they ban his account and everything associated with it, including his CDKEY. ;)

14. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Probably any report of a cheater you send to EA goes straight to the recycle bin along with all their other customer support requests.

15. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    I dunno, they give you an email about 2-3 weeks later telling you they ignored it.

16. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    I'm not convinced from that footage it is an aimbotter. I'd have to watch him for longer, simply because I've managed to pull off spawny stuff like that quite a bit. I've headshotted 3 guys from miles away with the M24 as quick as the gun would let me fire. I just seemed to aim in their direction and the shots hit, it was pure luck.

17. Ranger x

Ranger x Master Guru

GPU:
    12GB EVGA FTW3 3080
    Hey guys I play on Dallas Tx servers, looking to join a clan, Ranger3669 is my name in BC2.:)I play as a assualt class, and am pretty good 25 kills and 3 deaths was my best match.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  18. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Look at his stats. Do you have a 5.47 k/d ratio? Are 90% of your kills with the UMP and GOL headshots, but only 6% of your kills with the PKM? He is obviously hacking.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    This..is my friends..scaring me..in BETA LMGs were as real as it gets..in accurate in auto fire mod etc..and they listened punks who moans and whines about it and LMGs were like snipers, u were able to even walk and shoot people from distance before tha latest pacth..

ihope with this patch, they wont listen PUNKS and gays again about weapon balancing.

20. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT

It's a cheat , 100%. I seen similar aimbot couple days ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.