The Guru3D World of Warcraft Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Frag-master, Apr 1, 2009.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  2. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Bleh sold my account after only 5 days played at 80. Is all it took to realise how terrible this game has gotten :)

The drinks down the pub tomorrow are going to taste so much sweeter knowing Blizzard are paying for them :nerd: :cheers:

3. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    guys i am sorry for bumping such an ancient thread, but i wanted to ask one thing.

my friend sent me recruit a friend on my gmail which is my MAIN account as in i give this to friends and other business transactions, the thing is he sent me a recruit a friend back when i thought i would want i had a pocket money of 20 bucks and i said fudge it, now i have a small time job paying me $150 from home and im thinking of getting to wow,

i want to use my recruit a friend bonus's like bonus XP for me and friend cause we are both going to level up together from level 1 - 80, so i am asking is if i still activate my games on my gmail( the recruit a friend email addy) will i still get the recruit a friend bonus's?

any one who has had this experience before please let me know

btw out of curiosity IS this game worth 15 bucks a month? i will admit openly and don't care but i played on pirated servers since the first wow and i always made nice friends while raiding and levelling i have made friends from all over the world while playing unlegit wow who helped me level up, run raids etc i want to know whether the crowd is good or not?

i dont want to make a mistake =| but on the other hand i did get all 3 games as gifts and the first month of gameplay is free right? so what have i got to lose except for re sale value?

4. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Small chunks of your soul. Getting larger over time.

5. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    at one point i would have lol'd but like i said i HAVE played all 3 expansions

1st wow = 8 hours non stop daily

2nd wow = 10 hours non stop constant raiding and soon rose to late night gaming

3rd wow = i have now got control over my addiction i will only game from 6PM - 10 PM till i reach 80 once 80 i will start raiding for armor and stuff =D

i have controlled my gaming addiction there used to be a time i used to play wow or tf2 ALL DAY long now i can CONTROL how long i play and yes it also applies to wow

6. Austyn

Austyn Guest

you sir, are in denial.

7. Kalish colt

Kalish colt Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 5870
    Yes I play wow but I have to half-force myself to. It makes me sad that I played it casually for two years and now, I am getting bored. I guess I am going to force my life out of me to get level 70 (Since my account is Burning Crusade) then possibly update once I am ready to. I mean walking around Hellfire Peninsula at level 55 seems exotic and is exciting because one of the Fel Reavers can screw you up in a few hits meh.

Auchindoun- Level 55 Warrior, Europe

My account's in crap currently, I've been having some turbulence through trying to play so wish me luck! :p

8. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    You know... I haven't played or even thought about WoW in a LONG time, and just last night I had a dream that I was playing it. Must resist urge to resubscribe! :p

9. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Guest

I don't play as much as I used to (thank god) but here's my druid.

[​IMG]

10. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Quit 3 months ago after nearly 5 years of hardcore raiding. I strangely don't miss it that much.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I am on a break now (after 2 years) waiting for Cataclysm then start playing it again. Cant wait i realy wanna play WoW :)

12. Travkin

Travkin Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1080 Sli
    Quit sometime around now but last year, and i dont miss wow at all, well only vanilla and some of BC! Game is just going downhill since realease of wotlk imo =(

13. chillerkid

chillerkid Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTS 250
    If only quitting was easy for me :(

I tried quitting many many times in the past 2 years but i keep going back on it. Is this what you call a wow addict? Like sex, you just keep going at it :banana:

anyway.. LVL 80 druid and LVL 80 Shaman on Spinebreaker EU

14. ryano

ryano Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    i quit wow about a yr ago. fantastic game but what a life sap. wasnt easy but well worth it.
    i think wotlk made it easier. u just had to login to receive epic loot.

15. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    First step is admitting you have a problem, second step is ignoring said problem.

16. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I resubscribed the other day. Made a Warlock. Level 20 so far. I can already feel my life being sucked away.

Blast.

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hi guys. I have been wondering what the hell happened to servers?
    i cant get into Aggramar(main) or Terenas(alt)...was playing on terenas last night and it was shut down at midnight.

I havent been playing WoW that long,but can maintenance take that long?

P.S maybe they are gettting ready for Catalysm :D

19. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Blizzard patches on Tuesdays and even on the worst of the worst they are usually done no later than 5-6pm. Unless they were doing emergency maintenance I'd just assume the servers crashed. /shrug

Anyway yeah.. I resub'd and regretted the moment I logged in.. I don't even think Cata can breath new life back into it for me like BC and WotLK did. I don't have the slightest urge to raid again (I'm sure my family would love to hear me say that :D ) and pvp/achievement chasing is as borked/boring as ever .

20. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
    I just quit the game myself....got burned out and I'm happy I did. I do not plan on going back to it though think it's a great game....I have burned too much time on it.