Technology you hate, but everyone else doesn't.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dcx_badass, Apr 28, 2010.

1. grunger

grunger Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 4GB
    IPhones
    Macs
    Cheap notebooks
    Sony AIT Tape drives (IDE versions)
    BackupExec after Symantec got hold of it
    Twitter

2. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Twitter/Facebook/Myspace and any other site people are encouraged to talk like idiots about unimportant crap.

3. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Macs
    Macs
    Macs
    Macs
    Macs
    Macs
    Twitter
    Macs
    Macs

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    SNAP you... eh nvm :D

And this is why. Myspace, facebook, twitter, ... they're very interesting and good sites for artists or people with artistic tendencies to show the world what they have to offer. Sadly there's to many people using them to tell other people every 5 minutes what they're doing.

I also hate products that everyone wants because everyone has one... aka pretty much half of the apple products. I don't hate Mac computers but I do hate mac owners. Funny thing is, my gf uses a macbook xD

My mp3 player is an... IRiver... hah... it supports flac and OGG vorbis out of the box, main reason why I wanted an IRiver.

And Valve, a bit, for not upgrading CSS to the orange box engine as promised... years ago.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010

5. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Consoles, lol

6. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    boomer!

7. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Haha, don't worry they'll have to activate their games online soon enough, i'd be willing to bet that it is a requirement next gen, they will have to register the games and lock them to their console, it will kill the used game sales market, and that sure would put a smile on those greedy mother&*^s faces

8. Finny

Finny Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX260 core 216 soon
    ^I would be beside myself.

9. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    All of this, blu-ray (as OP said, HD DVD was much better), touchscreens (I simply can't type quickly on them), plus virtually anything made by Apple.

And consoles. I don't get how people can take any FPS seriously when they're playing with a stick, and they can't type to each other or even host their own servers in many cases.

10. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    Bluray is only crap to you because you were one of the retards who actually purchased a HD-DVD player. Not forgetting the fact Bluray is technically superior to HD-DVD.

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Macs
    Iphones

I dont mind facebook as I only log in for few mins to check it and log back out. Dont really get people who sit on there for hours,looks at pics pointlessly. and for the farmville, I havent even heard about it until I watched one of the latest South Park episodes :)

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

Wrong.
    They keep adding features to Blu-ray that make it incompatible with many players on the market. They said a while back that they have new technology to increase disc size to like 150GB or something but it required new laser diodes to work. That would then make it incompatible with even the PS3.

Some format!

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    hmm that might be a while until they release 150GB bluerays. Hmm doubt PS3 wont be able to play it tho, It will be supporting 3D bluerays......

14. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    My HD-DVD player cost me £14 and my films cost me £3 each, I'd say paying that little for full HD films is hardly retarded.

We have Blu-ray aswell, it's slow and clumsy.

15. Pitman

Pitman Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    SE mobile phones (k810i onwards) unreliable flimsy pieces of 5h!T!

16. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    fully agree.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I bought both formats at the same time, and while BluRay is better technically now, at the start and even up to the point HDDVD died off, HDDVD was technically superior.

HDDVD had great menu's while BluRay was still using DVD style menu's, loading times were far greater on BluRay, and it also had too many movies with only Dolby Digital audio tracks.
    Image wise, the transfers were either the same as HDDVD or were larger, worse looking mpeg2 transfers.

Most of the issues are sorted now though, but quality was never the reason BluRay won.

dcx_badass, did you get them out of Gamestation?

Saw a demo of Eyefinity6, damn, and i thought normal Eyefinity was pointless, with the expense this would cost, and how distracting it is, i really don't see why anyone would pick this over something like a projector or even a large TV, 3 projectors and three screens could be better though.

18. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Well I have two players, one was £13.50 from Amazon Germany, the other was £20 from Gamestation. Useful as they make good external dvd drives for netbooks aswell. It's the 360 drives I use. HD-DVD's were £3 each from HMV.

19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i can understand your case, but in my case i wired my entire house so its only a matter of plugging the cable, nice, clean and no need to drag anything.

every room has a connector including the kitchen lol did it all myself, a couple of holes and a network hub. :p

wireless has its uses, but i can leave without it.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I have an Toshiba internal one, and the 360 one which i also got from Gamestation, didn't have a 360 at the time, and already had the Toshiba, but it was cheap and came with two HDDVD's :banana:

I never even knew HMV were selling them that cheap, but i did get the first 5 Harry Potter movies for £10, which was was a great bargain as they are identical to the BluRay's but at a tenth of the cost at the time.