Mad props to the 8800Ultra

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AbjectBlitz, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Pill Monster, A3 is the revision of the G80 core. A3 are the better one, car run faster.. if you were lucky you can get A3 on 8800gts too (that's my case \o/).

2. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    You obv do not read the right sites, the peep above can educate you better. ;)

Quoted :

" The new G80 A3 revision consumed 5W less, add to this lower memory voltage. But due to the latter they had to use very expensive 0.8ns memory that could be stable at 1080 MHz even at reduced voltage. "

Again the Memory is officially rated for 2400mhz (DDR speed) but not at this lower voltage (going by Samsung Spec Sheet for Chips).

http://ixbtlabs.com/articles2/video/g80-10.html

Advise you make sure your 100% correct before snappy tone next time. :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  3. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    yeah bliss007 is correct.. A3 silicon was only for Ultra and had minor optimizations and higher clocks..

i had a factory watercooled leadtek 8800Ultra.. great card indeed.. and very hot.. like all NV's monstor GPU's :D

4. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    To be fair, once the Ultra had been out a long time, the later GTX's and other 8800's were also A3's. :)

5. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Yes, this is true.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Take some of your own advice..

The point in my post was that the GTX and Ultra are the same basic card except the Ultra has higher clocks, you still haven't brought anything to the table to disprove what i said..;)

Whatever core revision each card has doesn't really change anything, I don't want to get into a debate involving semantics - and I'm quite well educated thanks..:)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  7. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Nvm..

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010