Technology you hate, but everyone else doesn't.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dcx_badass, Apr 28, 2010.

1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I think thats the people and not the drugs :) theyre an absolute disgrace to society, that and fecking 55+ year old moms

2. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    probably cause they have better picture. Maybe just google questions?
    I prefer gloss screens. I used to have matte one and later realized that it wasnt worth it. Just put up some good curtains for gods sake

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Blu-ray is not unfinished, and has room for expansion.

Thank god HD-DVD failed, cuz it was a rip off compared to Blu-Ray.

Specs and all, Blu-Ray wins.

4. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Devolution... GOOD FREAKIN' GOSH!!! Look at that! *shudders*

Fire and leverage are technologies that I dislike the most. Also, storing potential energy in an elastic device that gets transferred into kinetic energy to propel a killing device so I can eat really blows too.

:D

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Blu-ray is unfinished, how often did you have to update the firmware on your CD player or dvd player to play the latest disks? Never. Avatar is causing problems with loads of players aswell all needing updates. Also the profile 2 release was a mess.

6. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I hate mobile phones, everyone gets distracted by them all the time or they ring at inappropriate moments. Also I've lost about 5 of them and my current one has a broken screen cos I accidentally trod on it.:)

7. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Amen Brotha. This includes texting, caller ID, and call waiting.

8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    BR started development like 15 years ago. i remember reading about it and its potential back in High School. if its not finished by now...guess what.
    Though most of the firmware updates typically are for fixing interactivity issues.

Though what does not have firmware updates these days? Even my TV has firmware updates. That mean my TV LCD is unfinished technlogy too?

9. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Honestly, cell phones on their own accord aren't that bad.
    It's when ringtones, texting, and so on came that they became insufferable.
    Seriously if I ****ing hear Souilja Boy Crank That one more time...

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Facebook.

11. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I gotta go with social networks. I hate them simply because people expect me to be on em. Plus they get recursed/crawled/aggregated (not certain what adjective to use) for data by intelligence agencies and all that data is getting tucked away in a neat tidy database for permanent storage.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    lmimmfn, you hate alot lol.

I always find it funny when PC gamers don't see the point in HD movies, but swear by high resolution gaming:wanker:

I don't really hate any tech, not even the touch screen phones, but i have to agree cell phones in general are a nuisance, every drunken night out/in, at least of the people struggle to go more than a few minutes without looking at their phone:bang:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Mobile phones, I hate what they have become the centre of everybodies universe and a test bed for sticking as much pointless crap in to one piece of technology as possible. If they had gotten rid of the 22 thousand other things mobile phones have had crammed in to them we would have a device that made just calls, had a battery life that lasted weeks on end, got a signal that allowed you to roam where ever you wanted without loss of strength and it would cost a few bucks. Instead we have a device that can allow you to take high res snaps of your junk and then have it sent to everybody in your phone book.

Twitter, seriously what the hell is this all about. No really, I don't get what drives people to

a). post every boring mundane aspect of their lives in a format that allows other boring mundane people to read it.
    b). read, specifically go to a website to read about how big dave just made the best cheese sandwich of his life and how he now feels bad that he had to eat it.

I hate technology for technology sake, the Ipad is a good example of this. It doesn't do anything that can't already be done by a cheaper, more powerful netbook but because it is all applefied it is treated as some sort of emerging great piece of technology when in fact it is a piece of useless trash.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  14. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    They still work without them in most cases.

15. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    I hate mobile phones. They cost a fortune, you always manage to lose them, and you are always paying for features you never use such anything other than generally making calls or sending SMS.

All the kids want them, wouldn't have a clue why, other than everyone else has one and some kid in year 7 said their parents didn't love them. :/

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The firmware updates for BluRay these days are adding features, rather than fixing issues, i know a few people who own cheap BluRay players and have no net access, and have yet to have a disc not work on them.

When HDDVD died out, it was a superior tech than BluRay, but these days its surpassed it.

17. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Never had a problem with my LG BluRay/HD DVD player in this machine. Myspace and Facebook have both been invaluable to me to find people from my past and my Samsung Rogue touch-screen phone is really really nice to have. Can't say there's much tech I dislike. We either integrate it into our daily life or we don't. No biggee either way, you know?

18. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    If we're gonna rant about ALL technology...
    I honestly hate computers.
    I can fix em, tweak em, buiild them....hell I am one of you. :p
    But I hate computers as a whole...because 9/10 of the users are so mind numbingly stupid.

19. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Oh yeah I hate computers for the randomness, my PC was locking up randomly (literally no pattern), memory passed fine, it did it for a month a few times a day and one day just stopped and never did it again.

20. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    lol, yeah, soz, im just in a hateful mood haha
    Honestly the HD movies, i dunno, i mean gaming 2 feet from your screen, you want to see everything, but i sit 7 feet from my 40" and honestly the difference between DVD and Blu-Ray is minimal, couldnt even read the text for GTA IV on the PS3 lol.

I only hate tech when its over emphasised by those who dont have a clue about tech, its just the latest trend so they ( think ) they know everything about it.