Technology you hate, but everyone else doesn't.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dcx_badass, Apr 28, 2010.

1. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    What tech do you hate but everyone else doesn't? Thought it would be an interesting thread.

I personally hate USB, due to needing drivers and it been slow. I absolutely adore firewire, it's a million times better.

Next I hate Blu-ray, it's a crap and unfinished format and shouldn't be on the market in it's current state (HD DVD was much better).

Next I hate touch screens, see them as a big gimmick, I use my phone and ipod without looking at them and couldn't do that with a touch screen.

Mods: I don't think this should be in general hardware as it's not about PC's, just technology in general.

2. KrAzYeTy

KrAzYeTy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 570GTX SLI
    Well for me its facebook, a technology product that has invaded all my friends, family and co workers and they always look at me funny when they find out I do not have an account.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    SNAP...you beat me by 2mins.

4. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    A touch screen gives you more screen room. Like the Iphone, if you had numbers and/or letters and other keys at the bottom, you'd have a smaller screen.

I do hate blu-ray though. I love the quality, but the firmware updates and all this, it's killing me. It's almost impossible to use an HTPC with a bluray drive, it's just too much maintainence/upgrading/compatibility/HDCP/blahblah

5. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Macbook.
    Iphone.
    MySpace
    Twitter
    Fertility drugs.

6. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I actually use my ipod touch without looking all the time while driving. It's no different than learning keys on any other device, you just end up knowing where things are and how to get to them. Obviously i couldn't get to an exact song without looking at the screen but unlocking, getting into the music player and getting it on shuffle is all very easy.

7. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Dynamic contrast ratios.
    Facebook.
    Glossy Screens.
    Glossy laptop keyboards (wtf?! seriously)
    SRS sound augmentation.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Got to go with touch screens, im the only one i know without a touch screen phone, just because the tech doesn't really interest me, and i throw my phone about, can't be doing with worrying about the screen.

BluRay on an HTPC is also a fiddly pain in the arse, im used to it now, and prefer it to using my standalone or PS3 as i have more control over the image, but i'd recommend a standalone player for anyone who can't be doing with the hassle.

9. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    cell phones, all shapes and sizes and the various flavors.

10. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I used to think Facebook was the biggest waste of time, and to an extent, I still do think it is a huge waste of time (I know kids that are on it all day).

However, with that said, I had a few friends that graduated last semester and moved to other states. It is nice seeing what they are up to from time to time, especially when they post pictures of where they live and other areas of their city.

Facebook has made it much easier to keep in touch and check up on them every once in awhile.

11. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    +∞ :)

I can't really think of any other technology that I hate other than that.. Oh, maybe IDE devices.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    There is no tech i really hate. No reason to really, i just don't use tech that i have no interest in and could care less who else loves it. As long as someone has a use for it, i think its all great.

Just out of curiosity, why does anyone hate facebook exactly? Seems to me, websites are the easiest part of modern technology to avoid, you can even filter it, though i wouldnt really consider it a technology. its really more of a trend or another form of the trend in communication.
    How people choose to waste their time should not be dictated by no one. Otherwise we probably wouldnt have p0rn or even TV if some in the past had the power to ban it.

13. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
  14. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    This is exactly how I feel.

Facebook has been incredibly valuable to me. I have friends that live throughout the US, and I love seeing pictures of where they live and what they are up to. It is nice knowing they are doing okay.

I go on it for 30min - 1hour a day. That seems pretty acceptable to me...

15. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Facebook I find invaluable, due to events organisation. At Uni all our nights out are arranged via it. Much easier than letting 60+ people know. Also I use it to contact my whole group of friends at once. You do't have to have all the pointless Apps.

Anyway how could I forget IDE I hate that aswell.

16. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Agree with most of what's been posted...

BUT, I want to reiterate glossy screens. We finally get away from the glare from glass TVs and monitors, with LCDs...then what do they do? Start putting glossy screens on those too?

Fecking retarded! I've got a friend that wants a glossy LCD monitor, that's got a window right behind where he games. I just don't get it.

17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    DRM

:)

Iphone
    Facebook
    Twitter
    3D movies/tech - pure gimmick
    HD movies/Blu-Ray - blown completely out of proportion, yes it looks better, in the same way as moving your chair a foot or 2 back from the tv :)

18. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    +1 and I have to add in facebook, mac in general, and wireless n draft. Why the **** am i paying for an unfinished format? oh wait we covered that with blueray

19. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Most of the above mentioned & also cell phones! I know they are useful, but some of the people using them, I'd like to strangle. :)

20. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    To clerify why I state fertility drugs:
    They have a use...and then these two ****s ruined that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]