Post ur GTX 470 Stable Overclocks Here!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by [Mudd], Apr 24, 2010.

1. [Mudd]

[Mudd] Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ACX SC
    hey guys im a noob when comes to ocing a vga card just got my 470, and would like to get alittle more out of it,but not have to babysit it all the time, so plz post ur oc's here ..and give us a detailed oc.. thx

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Would like to tell ya a good OC but I unfortunately got a very bad card here...............

3. [Mudd]

[Mudd] Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ACX SC
    why whats wrong with it?

4. Cybernetic

Cybernetic Member

GPU:
    nvidia GTX470
    What's wrong with your evga ? i think this brand is good.

5. eternitykh

eternitykh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB SLI
    800/1600 Core/Shader @ 1.05v
    1850 Mem

perfectly stable in benchmarks and games.

Fan profile is set to 0C/10% ~ 90C/100%

Like this:

[​IMG]

6. [Mudd]

[Mudd] Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ACX SC
    nice eternitykh whats ur idle and load temps? and are you getting a decent gain? and not having to babysit it?

7. eternitykh

eternitykh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB SLI
    idle temps, right now its at 58C
    load temps, for games it goes up to ~80 ish
    higher if room is hot.

those temps are perfectly fine, others are actually running these cooler than i am due to how my room tends to be warmer than most people's.

and i dont even worry about it at all, just for the first 2 days when i was testing my OCs i watched my temps, but after getting consistant temps, im not worried.

performance wise, it's a very noticeable gain, crysis warhead runs about 5~10fps higher, from 30~40 to 40~45, if not more. this was ran at 1680x1050 4xAA DX10 Enthusiast.

unigine heaven benchmark went from 35fps avg to 45fps avg, ran at 1680x1050 4xAA 16xAF

so yes, you would definitely notice performance gain in games without having to worry about the card burning out or overheat.

8. Kakorat

Kakorat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470SC
    I got my EVGA GTX 470SC up to 750 core, 925 memory at stock volts of 1.037. With voltage maxed out at 1.087, I can get up to 800 core, 975 memory.

I can't see much benefit going from the 750/925 to 800/975 overclock though, especially when you consider the fact that it runs around 10 degrees hotter.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    What the? mate u were having FUN last night..what happened ? :( well this is NIGHT right now there i guess :S

10. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Vram does not OC very well with his card (he told me about this yesterday so it's not just a random guess).

Stock settings are: Core 607MHz/ VRAM: 837MHz/ Shader: 1215 MHz

11. jimmy545

jimmy545 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580
    from owning the card, have you been able to fathom why Asus advertise 50% overclocking (ON THE BOX!) using their Voltage Tweak software??
    32% increase is awesome though!

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Card isn't stable in some games. It crashes and Nvidia Driver failure kicks in. And I ****ing don't get it because I'm staying 70c under load and it passes all the stress test without a single freaking artifact.

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Anyway I'm RMAing. It's even crashing in Crysis under stock clocks. And it's a driver/hardware failure crash.

14. Uruk

Uruk Member

GPU:
    Hi
    Maybe you can add a little more voltage? ...:3eyes: Do you get GSOD?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  15. DimmyK

DimmyK Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 Lighting SLI
    I'm on 703 GPU 1405 Shaders 1755 memory on stock voltage. Temps with 24C room are 46-48C idle and 82-83C max load. Fan never goes over 73%. I probably could have pushed it higher but I'd rather have cooler temps and quieter fan. Overall with this OC its 11% faster in games than stock. I'm pretty satisfied.

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yea already done...

I get Application crash anyway and a driver failure appearing in taskbar. So far I can reproduce it in Crysis Warhead and Dirt 2.

It's very hard to put my finger on. I can OC and do stress tests and it's fine. But once I run Crysis Warhead on stock settings it will crash after a while. It's the first time ever I'm getting this Kernel Driver failure thing, that sound very bad when "kernel" is present. :p

17. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    Wanny.... this has been seen before ( not saying that maybe you have a card that does in fact have issues )...but for a ** well I tried everything ** and still the same results.

im seeing you have a nice oc on your CPU at low volts... take your voltage up to 1.3 or close....

I remember somewhere a while back a guy was having problems with his OC on his vid card and even stock...crashing in games but stable in benchmarking..he was running a low volt OC on his CPU and after raising his voltage back up on the CPU OC it fixed his problem....

not saying this will cure your problem, but its a quick try** to see if it helps... ( im hoping it will for your sanity's sake :)

By the way.... im waiting on my EVGA 470 to arrive monday, not the OC edition**.... gonna run some tests to see how it stacks up to the 5870 2GB edition that pulled a 26,214 3dm6 @ 990/1314 oc... im hoping to get at least a 750+ oc on the core of my 470....and if all goes well, im looking to buy a second for SLI...

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Worth a try man

still it's weird I could max out OC GTX 260 in SLI then run into stability issues with one little GTX 470 stock settings.

edit: Alright increasing CPU voltage didn't work. Crysis warhead still crash.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
  19. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    well...it was worth a try :( hopefully if you do RMA, you will have better luck next time around.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    wtf with these cards recently. my 5970 and this now with wanny. give use proper products pls.