**The HD5770 Thread**

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by keenan, Nov 7, 2009.

1. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Nope you'd have to be a retard like that guy who flashed his 5970 with a nvidia bios rofl.

2. oNlyyy

oNlyyy New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 1GB
    hhh ok. i'll probably try today later.
    btw, few days ago ran some vantage benches and my avg was around 10600 gpu score, is it fine for 960/1400? thanks.

3. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yeah that seems fine to me.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You can use MSI afterburner to change your voltage after editing a ini setting for it. to get your gpu higher without having to flash the bios.

You may be able to hit 1gpuz core stable with 1.20v like I using but you might not and may have to use a bit more.

5. oNlyyy

oNlyyy New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 1GB
    unofocialoverclocking (what you did) turns off powerplay, what means your card will stay warm as song as your machine is on.. ain't a solution for me as said before. thx any way.

6. Donkeylips

Donkeylips Member

GPU:
    2x POWERCOLOR pcs+ 5770
    Is there a program like Rivatuner which supports 5770s that you can use to overclock 2D?

7. oNlyyy

oNlyyy New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 1GB
    You can try afterburner's Automatic profile management, you can set a profile as 2d profile and another profile as 3d profile, but it didn't go to well either (cant underclock lower than 690/900).. try it maybe you'll figure how to make it work fine. goodluck i guess

8. mkchiu

mkchiu Member

GPU:
    BIOS flash:

I've temporarily broken 5770s. Have a PCI video card or IGP as the primary and boot to DOS. If flashing was successful, PCIe video card should work once in Windows. Shutdown and remove PCI or restart and disable IGP.

Afterburner soft O/C:

I have 1) unofficial OC enabled, 2) "reset" 2D profile and 3D profile as 785/1200 and Power Play still works. The current card is a MSI Hawk. Also, I did not notice Power Play breaking on the Diamond/PowerColor/etc I had for two weeks with similiar settings.

Rivatuner:

MSI Afterburner is effectively RivaTuner Pre-paid. It's written by the (same) software developer of RivaTuner.

Underclocking via Afterburner:

Afterburner appears to reference the primary or max settings in the BIOS. For example, if 850/1200 gives 690-1400/900-1500, etc, then you can change the 850/1200 to lower values which still allow 850/1200 max, but result in lower derived minimums than 690/900.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  9. ED13

ED13 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 Crossfire
    Hi guys, i was just wondering if that unlocked Bios will work with my Gigabyte HD5770? thank you :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  10. LiQU!D

LiQU!D Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB XfireX
    If you want to underclock and undervolt 2D and go past official overclocking ranges use ATi Tray Tool. I've got mine for 2D at 157/300 0.95V 34% fan and for 3D at 900/1300 1.125V 100% fan.

On that note, anyone know if there's a volt mod method for the non-reference HD5770? I was one of the unlucky bastards to get one 2 months ago before anyone even knew they existed...

11. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    They say the Mobility HD5870 is a downclocked HD5770 Desktop.

Here are my benchmarks raising clocks to 800/1100, slightly closer to the stock HD5770 speeds. Still not the same though. The highest overclock I've seen on my laptop is a 3DMark06 score over 20,000. 920XM up to 3.4 ghz on all 4 cores and 920/1250 clocks on HD5870M. Vantage score over 10,000.

[​IMG]

Dirt 2: Ultra Settings, no AA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. mkchiu

mkchiu Member

GPU:
    Reworking power controllers on graphics adapters for increased GPU voltage is straight forward any varies mainly in the pull-down value, and location to add the pull-down.

All that depends on the specific make & model voltage controller on that card, and whether the AIB vendor chose different resistor values for the feedback circuit.

Get the datasheet for your power controller and find the resistance to ground of the feed-back pin, then add a trim pot with an appropriate max value--the equivalent resistance shouldn't be less than 50% the original resistance, so 20K to 50K is typically the least unsafe.

13. axeten

axeten Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6870 OC Edtion

Hi guys,

I just built a new PC and had trouble with my HD5770 vapor X card. It was randomly flicking the screen off and saying the drivers failed and successfuly recovered. Also it would not play games and freeze lots.
    I had the card switched straight away for a new one. The one i have now works perfect except for very occasionally the PC will blue screen and i have to turn it off and back on.
    Games now work good and no more artifacting or screen turing off and on. I am running 10.3 driver but am now downloading the 10.4b ones that are mentioned in the ATI thread section.

I read a lot of issues with these cards on a thread call "epic fail......" on this site and also on various others.

Does anyone have any suggestions? When i sent the card back to get replaced i ran a friends 8200 geforce that he had laying around and nothing went wrong at all over the two weeks so it is definately not anything to do with other components unless maybe a compatibility issue.

My system is:
    AMD 3.4GHz quad Phenom II
    8GB black dragon edition Geil 1600MHz RAM
    Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4 mainboard
    1TB cavier black hard drive
    750W Odin power supply

Graphics card is plugged in via HDMI so i will try going back to VGA incase this is causing a problem.
    If anyone has had the same issues and found a fix, please let me know.
    thanks
    Alex

14. Bhaal

Bhaal Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    i'm getting 25-50 fps in warhead at 1920x1200 everything at max no AA. Is that ok, given my configuration?

15. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    wrong topic for you nhaal but crysis is a pretty demanding game even warhead but you current should be able to run it with better frames imo_On topic my MSI R5770 Hawk 1 GB is quite a monster with great performance at stock and it over clocks pretty good when I did have it over clocked(have it at stock atm till I feel the card can handle being overclocked again...long story) seemed like when I had the memory oc'd at 1300+ I noticed a pretty good performance increase even with the core at stock and if I had the gpu clock at 901 with the memory clock at 1350 it would be hella good.

16. ED13

ED13 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 Crossfire
    Has anyone flashed a Gigabyte HD 5770 with the Asus Bios....? If so, is it fine on stock cooling....?

17. 41LY45

41LY45 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5770 Vapor-X
    Just stepped into the dark side a few days ago..
    got myself the Sapphire's 5770 Vapor-X..
    wont be running it after i'll get the P II X 4 960T

From the OP's i've understand that:
    Sapphire's BIOS: :puke2:
    Asus's unlocked BIOS: :banana:

my question:
    won't flashing another vendor's BIOS on the card voids the warranty?

if it does, one can reflash the old BIOS if you RMA the card right? (assuming that the card does not die completely):nerd:

18. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Yes and... yes.

Next! :nerd:

19. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    OMG!!!you got the cd's I just got the card and the other stuff but no cd for anytin.Sold card thou even when oc'd I get good temping with a load I haven't seen it hit 70c.

20. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I heard rumors on the net that companies have some kind of device that can tell if the card has been over clocked when the owner puts the clocks back to normal.