Phenom II now "supported" on M2N-SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by ST19AG_WGreymon, Feb 4, 2009.

1. PaulGo

PaulGo Member

GPU:
    AMD 6770
    I have the AMD 9850BE with Cool and Quiet, I am not using the PhenomMSRTweaker, my core voltage stays the same even though my multiplier is halved.

2. jmadams

jmadams New Member

GPU:
    PNY 9800 GT 512/LP/SLI
    I had a 9950BE and I couldn't get the voltage to move at all either until I reinstalled my OS with Win 7 and then installed PhenomMSRTweaker. Why I couldn't get it to work under Vista is beyond me. Anyway, I was able to drop my core temp a good 10 degrees when idle.

John

3. jmadams

jmadams New Member

GPU:
    PNY 9800 GT 512/LP/SLI
    945 95W Edition

After going back through the posts, someone indicated that they had good results with the 945 95W edition. I went to Fry's tonight and picked one up and plugged it in. It worked right out of the box including the core voltage changing as the P-states changed.

TheWiz made a perfect BIOS update.

John

4. DJ-Lucas

DJ-Lucas New Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5
    hello
    at first thank you guys for this awsom Bios
    and i especially thank AceTK for his add's
    i been runing a P2 X4 965 for cuple days now and thats running good
    i only have one problem -.- almost everything takes ridiculously long to load but
    ones it is loaded it works very good
    i think it is my Ram i had 3 gb ddr2 800 in my pc and i tried to slow them down to 667 but no change now i have 2 gb of ddr2 667 in my pc but still no change
    can any one help me?
    btw im running windows 7

5. TheWiz

TheWiz Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4850 OC
    Im sorry it has been so long. I am preparing for a european tour and things are hectic right now. Anyways,I am going to hopefully release the X6 AMD edition on my return, with updated microcode, and the music alarm removed. The good news it that AMD streamlined the new AGESA, so it is about 10K smaller, which leaves us some breathing room :D I plan to start updating all ASUS boards on my return, and you cvan check out the portal I've started here: (havent finished)

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/misc.php?page=AM3-Ready-ASUS

If you want to be added as a member to the project, just register to the site, post in the discussion board, and I will add your name!

Also, I didnt forget about the dump log, coming soon.
    TheWiz

6. carcaroto

carcaroto Member

GPU:
    GTX460 TWIN FROZR
    can someone tell me what the best way to update the bios? I have not had good experiences with the 1701 version, the upgrade crashed by 70%, yet the mobo continued working, then I'm afraid to upgrade, and happen again and ruin the mobo

7. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    The best way to do it is through the Asus EZFlash utility in the BIOS. Copy the BIOS file to a floppy disk or USB drive.

8. SepulchralVoice

SepulchralVoice Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 470 :P
    I personally use asus update. never a problem

9. carcaroto

carcaroto Member

GPU:
    GTX460 TWIN FROZR
    I tried several times with the asus update and EZFlash Also, the two stopped at 70%. thought to be the file of the bios, I downloaded others and they all gave the same problem. I will try with EZFlash and a Pen drive. I saw reports of a bios 1901 is it true? Good Night to All:nerd:

10. yota79

yota79 Guest

GPU:
    GTS 250 Palit
    Hello,

I am a newbie on this forum ! I have a Asus M2N-SLI deluxe and i have buy a Phenom II 955 B.E C3. I upgrade the bios with the 1802AM3 and the pc start but the multi not change over 4x and the cpu go 800 Mhz. I try to save and on bios i see 3,2 Ghz (200*16) but on windows and when i run superpi i see that is 800mhz really. I try the 1901BETA but the pc start only on bios, the pc after have black screen, fortunely with the AZ flash 2 on the bios I came on the 1802AM3 and pc work but even at 800Mhz. I try to change the multiplier with the PhenomMrkTweker but not change, also with nvidia tune.

There is a solution for this problem?

I have some screen on CPU-Z and BIOS , if do i upload !

11. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    What voltage did you set for the CPU?

12. Gyro1

Gyro1 New Member

GPU:
    bfg 260 896
  13. Synapzz

Synapzz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 6950 1G
    Thanks for the update Gyro1, I just installed the 5001. I was using 1801 before.

BIOS flash went smooth and booted up fine. I went into the BIOS to change the default settings to what I liked and noticed the Asus Music Profile thing was gone. Booted into Windows 7 and it installed drivers for my 940BE automatically, it is no longer an "Unknown Processor".

Pretty happy so far and I'm going to see if anything else is different.

14. SepulchralVoice

SepulchralVoice Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 470 :P
  15. yota79

yota79 Guest

GPU:
    GTS 250 Palit
    Uaho, this is a great notice!! When i become to home i try it!!!!!!

16. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    Synapzz, does it boot without having to hit reset button?

17. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    This new update resolved my cold boot issue with memory on stock frequency (800 MHz). Well done Asus!

18. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    Thanks for the update Kolos...thats awsome

19. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    Ty for the info but I notice on the screeshot that Win XP is in the OS box. Will this Bios be ok with Vista 64, has anyone used it with that OS.

Ty once again and heres hoping that my 955BE wont need Nvidia tools to force the Multiplier to 16x.

20. Gyro1

Gyro1 New Member

GPU:
    bfg 260 896
    It will work for any windows os.
    It would appear that the tools may still be required to set the multi,but it does fix some other issues,so thats good.
    Hopefully the wiz and acetk can use this bios to tweak.

Good luck

Gyro