Why is marijuana illegal?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by crushilista, Apr 11, 2010.

1. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I'm just overall curious of why it is illegal. What made it illegal in the first place, and what bad/good side effects come from it.

2. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    It's illegal because it's a mind altering hallucinogen. Try elgoog.

3. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    so is alcohol :p

my guess is its because they dont get tax off it.

4. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Alcohol is classified as a depressant.

5. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    Well the drug itself has effects of causing neurons in the brain to misfire. This is a negative thing for your body's health. Also, I believe blood pressure is screwed with upon ingestion of marijuana. Smoking anything is already horrendous to your health, so smoking marijuana is by default negative for your health.

The government bans it likely because of historical precedent, tax reasons, and cultural aversion to hallucinogens. I support the banning of it. I wish it were the same way with alcohol, but sadly alcohol is a more accepted substance throughout the planet - marijuana has been used worldwide, but hasn't permeated different societies/cultures like alcohol has.

- PR-0927

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
  7. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    It's not a hullucinogen but it is classified as one.
    It's illegal because there is no way for the government to controll the use or distrabution of it. It effects everyone different and unlike alcohol there is no way of standardising it's potancey. It's just polatics and ignorance that keeps it illegal yet supprisingly accessable.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  8. d2k

d2k Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 BE
    b/c a nation of ppl which are ''high'' rather than ''drunk'' don't cause as much mayhem, arrests/court appearances & an endless black hole whereby the government can continue to drain the population while continuing to control the habit..

stoners will just kick back & watch some movies, no one gets arrested, killed or fined..

this is the reason its illegal, there's no real money in a calm society.... hence the illuminati's phrase ''order out of chaos'' :)

IMO....

9. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    *Buzzer*

Wrong.

Vice police.

It's just the government trying to determine what you do with yourself, as has been the purpose of governments throughout time. Everyone, PR-0927 included, has decided they have the right to tell you what you do to your body.

Blood pressure is screwed up when you eat salt, so let's ban that. And cigarettes are bad, as he mentioned, so let's ban that.

And junk food.

And TV.

Also recreational computer use.

Wait no, all computer use that is done while you are sitting.

From now on, computer will be powered by treadmills, for your own good of course.

Give me a break, I have never smoked a thing in my life, never even tried it, but I recognize the right to do whatever the hell you wanna do with yourself as long as it doesn't affect me. And someone smoking weed in the privacy of their house doesn't do **** to me.

So as far as I'm concerned, it's none of mine or anyone else's business.

10. Finny

Finny Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX260 core 216 soon
    Best post this month IMO.

11. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well the U.S. Government considers it
    Plus I'll take their word for it since they can spell hallucinogen. :p

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    qoted from govt source

13. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    IPlayNaked, I don't disagree with you on why it is banned.

But as a supporter of big government, I do believe the government has a right and a duty to ban harmful substances. Long-term salt ingestion in moderation doesn't have a net-negative effect. Long-term marijuana use in moderation does.

And yes, I support the ban of cigarettes too. Drugs should just be eliminated, IMO. My state has already passed a public-smoking ban, thank God.

And the debate about big government is not something that I seek to pursue on here - political discussions are moronic online.

- PR-0927

14. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    How about you get the **** out of my house then? Why can you come in and tell me what I can do?

Maybe you should make me a list of all the activities you approve of, that way I don't harm your sensibilities in any way.

15. Alien C.o

Alien C.o Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960
    I recommend watching this documentary: The Union - The Business Behind Getting High.

Pretty much answers your question.

16. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

I'm not the government. They decide, not me. I was just saying what I felt should be banned and what shouldn't be. Your hostile attitude is uncalled for and unnecessary.

- PR-0927

17. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Damn you crushilista! There you go starting trouble again. I know what your true intentions were when you started this thread. :3eyes::flip2: :p

18. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Get over it. Ban hostile attitudes while you're at it, surely my blood pressure is up slightly right now.

And I like how you don't have to take responsibility for it, you're not the government.

I bet you vote, you put these people in office that try to tell me what I'm allowed to do.

Are you aware of what freedom actually is? I can guarantee it's not what YOU, not the government, don't push blame aside, seeks to impose on me.

Let's all live in a happy future, where everyone is in perfect physical condition, has no vices, and nothing bad happens anywhere ever!

19. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I also support the ban against substance abuse, and smoking. In my province, it's illegal to smoke in indoor public spaces. Both screws with your health and has no net-gains.

deltatux

20. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Curses! Foiled again! Well they can't all munch down vicodin like you can they Mr. House Freeman? :p