Call of Duty 7 rumours

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

A recent leak supposedly from an Activision 'insider' has revealed new details about the next Call of Duty. Although Call of Duty 7 is yet to be formally announced by Activision logic suggests that...

More...

2. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Could be good. I enjoyed the SAS stuff in CoD4 tbh. :)

"How did a muppet like you pass selection?" - classic :D

3. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    COD series is pretty much going like NFS series. Recent ones aren't really good imo..

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Thank God for Dedicated Servers.

5. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Very well placed ''imo'' accronym, a LOOOOOOOOAD of people including myself simply LOVED MW 1 and 2, they were just MP awsomeness (for the people owning, not the ones getting owned obviously)

NFS series is pretty bad now though, undercover made me :puke2:

6. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Liked MW1, second not so much...NFS got worse from ProStreet:dead:

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i'll just send then $60 to not make the game..maybe just the other half of the sp they did not put in last one they made.

8. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    They still have time to cancel that :D

9. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    they should pretty much let the COD series R.I.P. But, for the sake of greed they might not never $top relea$ing new title$

10. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Indeed. But there's the Treyarch thing.
    I've yet to see a game by Treyarch which is actually good.

Look at CoD 3 and WaW - in comparison to all the other parts of the series, they've been lagging behind.

And World at War was even made using Infinity Ward's succesful game engine from CoD4, yet people did not prefer the newer game.
    Here's to the hopes that they actually release something good! :cheers:

A big thumbs up to Treyarch for opting to keep the dedicated servers though!

The best would actually be a system where you could decide what server you'd like to join yourself (dedicated, where one can set up his/her own servers as with CoD4), and where you would have a "play now" option - working much like the IWnet system. Where you could choose whether to play on - say, IWnet's official servers, or whether it should just choose a decent server from the servers on the dedicated list.

11. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Spiderman the movie 1 and Spiderman the move 2. Those games by Treyarch kicked ass!!!

Spiderman 3, however, was **** just like the movie.

12. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Meh, damage was already done after MW2. I really don't care if they are adding in dedicated servers to the new game. I'm done with the COD series.

13. Staticprimer

Staticprimer Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce GTX 260
    Interesting idea I'll admit, there was a LOT going on in South America in the 70's and it's an area that's been largely ignored. I am a bit confused as to why they're going with SAS rather than US black ops. I could understand small SAS teams on loan to the US, but the US was THE major player in that region, not the UK.

14. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Soap and Captain Price are marketable.
    The Tet Offense is not.
    Case in point, they bring back the SAS instead of something different.
    What you are familiar with sells.

15. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Hanging out in Iranian embassies! LOL :D :D

Sweet! They have redeemed themselves!

16. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    i swear it will have drm same kind off assasins creed II
    and considering how much if played modern warfare II i doubt i be buying next cod thats in the making at all.

regardless its just same game in a new jacket anyway.

17. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I look forward I guess, Didnt like MW let alone MW2. IW went down the toilet since COD2 IMO. I did like W@W though so I do have some hopes for a decent Treyarch release.

18. HellsAn631

HellsAn631 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295 715/1250
    you do realize that this is a different company making the game, not IW.

any CoD that Treyarch has made has been terrible. World at war was only cool because of ***** zombies. otherwise, they are all generic shooters with little depth. thats at least my opinion.

most people are happy to see dedicated servers, but they arn't back. IW removed them, not treyarch.

Most people are also happy that it wont be IW this tme, thinking it will be a sequel to MW2, or anything like the better call of duty games out there. (CoD, Cod 2, and CoD:MW). Infinity ward dropped the ball on development in the most recent series.

Also, many people think that IW sueing for the rights to get the 3rd installment of MW back is a good thing. its not. Activition isnt the reason for all the poor choices for the console port version of the game. thats IW's fault.

Im pretty much fed up with the call of duty series. i mean, a game every 2 years? i would much rather wait for a decent game, perhaps with out restricitons and more community support. There isnt a community, period, for MW2. just a bunch of friends playing together doesn't equal community.

there are already 3 up comming sequals for the cod series... that makes me kinda sick

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  19. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    This seems like the first Treyarch-produced CoD that I might be interested in. They're doing something original, finally.

20. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I know this, and I still don't care. I'm sick of the same COD games coming out with some new maps, a few new weapons and a new even shorter single-player campaign. I don't care who the developer is, Activision still has the final say in how the game turns out and knowing them it'll be another MW2 so to speak.