197.13 WHQL Driver is out!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by paradox, Mar 25, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

19 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

19 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    DX 8? You can't be serious...

Who the hell plays DX8 games in 2010? Gimmie a break.....

2. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Exactly. I have the exact same 3dmark score right down the the point with this set as I did with the last beta.

3. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Alot of people still play older games, including myself. I'm replaying silent hill 3 on the PC so I know what it feels like when one of your favorite games starts giving u problems u never encountered before. I'm more concerned about keeping temps lower than losing a few frames, as I almost came close to losing my card due to nvidia's stupidity. I'm not really playing anything atm besides SH3 and Metro2033. Since the previous beta was useless for me (broken EVR sync, stuttering and 10C+ temp increase even with 80% fan speed forced on), I think getting the 9800GTX was a serious mistake, since it's the same crap like my previous 7900GT all over again. Not a single decent enough driver without either glitches or temp issues have come out in the last 6-8 months. Honestly, my previous card (x1950) worked like an absolute charm with every single set of driver released, till AMD discontinued its official support back in march 2009, forcing me to upgrade.

I'll stick with 196.34 till the EVR sync bug is fixed...

4. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    That's not the point , damn you have a stick up your arse. I don't care about DX8 titles either , but i do with starcraft 2 and again these are WORSE than the 197.25's

Christ almighty , i'm so sorry that people think these drivers are worse than the 197.25 oh and the 197.15 , it must be killing you right now.

If people want to vote worse , LET THEM , it's the point of a poll :3eyes:

5. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I can't believe you still play a game that is close to 8 years old that was a PS2 release! Time to move on.. put it away, sell it on ebay. You pay top dollar for new hardware to NOT play 8 year old games heh

6. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Give it a rest already , stop trying to knock people down if they don't agree with your small minded viewpoint.

7. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Stop arguing guys. I also find it hilarious people are complaining the WHQL is older then the beta. If you look at ATI's new drivers, it is the exact same thing. A WHQL takes longer to get certified so it will usually be older then a beta that was released after the WHQL was sent to Microsoft.

8. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Got a real question, so how does 197.13 compare to 196.75? Since on water, wasn't worried about the fan bug. 196.75 has been quite solid and performs well with my stuff. So does 197.13 fix other flaws over 196.75?

9. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Who still uses XP?

10. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    lol at u dude...

197.25 are better than 197.13.

and 195/196 sucks big time.

12. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I think I'll wait for the next WHQL set to be released mid April instead of wasting time with these when everything I have is working fine.

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Whats so funny? 40% out of 2.5 million on steam still use XP as there OS. I don't find anything funny about that. Hard facts dude....

14. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    Still 40% but @ -3.48% it won't be there for long...Especially against Win7 who has a nice progression @ +5.11%.

40/60 means they won't put much effort releasing XP drivers, especially when its going down like that, and that is only Steam stats...

Ho and to me 40% is not the majority...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  15. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Some good info on these so far. I was reading before I would update but the bickering kinda sucks. Please guys, more hard information on this driver set and less bickering and less smack talking. :)

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    It is the majority for a single operating system for sure. The other 60% are all the rest. Arguing numbers aside, fact remains XP is still the most used operating system in 2010. I agree it is is starting to fade but at least the gamer base still use it. Why would Nvidia not release a driver for an OS when at least 40% still use it?

17. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I think it is ridiculous that members are voting this driver "worse" due to the fact that it isn't good to play PS2 era games. This just cracks me up! We pay big bucks to NOT play those bad looking games today anyways. These polls are misleading to say the least. I didn't buy a E8400 so I can play some crap game from 2001...

Now all we need is a few guys crying about temps and all hell will break lose again LOL

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    the funny thing where your comments 1 page ago, talking useless crap!

idc if majority uses win xp, i use dual boot too so what..

win7/vista is the next thing and nv focuses on that more doh:stewpid:.. dx10/dx11 ring a bell?? it was in the past with some drivers and its still now by the looks of it.. bitch @ nvidia and not here and call people "retarded" for playing old games..

and the fact that people say they're worse is because they ARE, 197.25 is faster driver and has sharper image, i voted for worse too exactly cause of that.. face it and give it a rest, because you're nothing but troll bitching here!!

19. p0ppa

p0ppa Guest

GPU:
    Strix 3080 OC
    i agree, win7 is giving me ****s on the sound card i have and it doesnt support directx EAX3,4,5

20. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Wow, wrong and wrong..............................get the facts..............nuff said