Command & Conquer 4

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Austyn

Austyn Guest

could not of said it better. +1 to you sir!

2. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
  3. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    This is ala Dawn of War. At least it's the first RTS I can recall where the objective was to control points on the map.

4. demm

demm Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS
    that's what I wanted to mention... Company of Heroes also has that CP controlled gameplay. so summing it up, looks like a mix of DoW II and Red Alert 3?

5. Kenny9999

Kenny9999 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 5970 weeee
    I'm a big fan of C&C and that the worst ever! I really hate the way it turn!

6. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    **poke**

Well, then I'll probably love it!!

I always hated getting beat by some guy who could mine better than I could fight. :(

7. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    This game is one of the biggest insults to pc gamers:

1) The gameplay is dull, a max of 10 units most of the time; a very limited tech-tree shows how rushed it is.

2) DRM causing players to not be able to play the game

3) singleplayer campaign which lasts a little over 6 hours.

4) The WORST part of this game is the story: the game starts with the incredibly annoying ugly zit-fest which plays your friggin' wife! Which idiot came up with that? It seems like a big FU from EA to pc gamers.
    But the worst part of the story is that the answers that were promised to you, won't be answered; zip, nada, nothing is revealed.

Glad I didn't buy it

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Well I liked it. Participated in the beta. Won't buy it, because I did pretty much everything you could do in the beta, had a lvl 20 general for each faction.

But there is tiberium harvesting, you just don't need a harvester. And you can win a match by starving your opponents of their tiberium.

Anyone who says EA destroyed the franchise is ignorant of the facts. CNC3 was also developed by EA and was completely true to the series and a damn fine RTS. Also made Generals, another well-liked game. The problem is CNC has been the same thing since its inception. Look at what westwood started making before it went under. If anything EA has kept CNC alive as you once knew it, because westwood didn't appear to have the same intentions.

So EA tried something new. Most of you are judging it based on the opinion of a few people. I say give it a try first. It's changed, and definitely not better, but, in my opinion, not worse either.

To be honest if I had to deploy one more MCV followed by a power plant and barracks I might've gone insane.

9. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    they destroyed the franchise with this crappy release!!!

c&c 3 was nothing special either

tibeiran sun ftw!!!

10. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    I played in the beta...twice. I remember one of the dev's being there...and I said pretty much what you said in your review...'this game is just junk...seriously, wheres all the stuff that made this franchise famous?? it doesnt even FEEL like the same game.' They kept telling me to play it and ill warm up to it...nah...not really interested is what I replied...needless to say..it was uninstalled shortly after and I have NO INTENTION of letting that disgusting 'version' of CnC infect my computer ever again. I guess the last real game they made for the series...WAS Generals/ZH. AND I told them that...all this cartoony stuff...just crap. If i wanted Starcraft, ID PLAY STARCRAFT when it comes out. Just goes to show, when you let money control a game..this is what happens...some clueless moron gets in charge..and thinks 'ill make this the greatest game ever' *which is what im sure they thought* yet, now..im sure theyll watch it flop faster than 'renegade' or even make the top 10 worst games of the decade...hope they like infamy. I certainly hated CnC3/4.

addon : Oh yeah, the intro screen looked like star trek ALL THE WAY, not even a CnC feel to it whatsoever, AND it looked like it was done by some doodling 6 year old with some talent but no direction yet...seriously...they killed this franchise. badly.

11. thefox

thefox Banned

GPU:
    Evga gtx 250
    Its the low point. I might get a refund for my purchase. its pretty poor.

12. Alex Vojacek

Alex Vojacek Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX295
    The cartonish style does NOT feet with C&C universe.

I played them all, Kane's wrath is totally awesome, try to level up the heroe on every faction and you will have a nice time there, also, don't compare the C&C4 style with Company of Heroes, company altoght had control points, it had a base also, and you could make a pretty powerful base and defend it if you like, totally different games.
    Company of Heroes is, probably, superior to anything else RTS-like, even all of the C&C saga together, it's just too dam good and refined.

But If I have to select a game, it will be Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath, 3 factions with 2 variants, 6 factions in total and added "main Heroe" on each faction, couldn't ask for more, really.

C&C4 should had never be made.

13. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It should have, just not like this :( CnC3 was fun, playing the Scrin reminded me of Starcraft back in the day :)

14. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I played Tiberian Sun on release, I played the first CNC with the nod and GDI discs, trust me, I've played them all and a lot.

And I'm 100% glad they're not just remaking the same game. Again.

15. Alex Vojacek

Alex Vojacek Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX295
    So go ahead and play it yourself :) because I didn't found it very pleasant myself, as a matter of fact, I just uninstalled it and go ahead and played some Kane's Wrath skirmishes to get out the awful taste off my mouth.

16. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I'm not going to let this game damage my view of the C&C series. RA3 has already tainted it. I think I will give this a miss.

17. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Not to bash it or something but if you like the game its fine. I just think that EA jumped on the whole Capture the strategic point system after they saw how well Dawn of War 1 and 2 plus Company of Heroes were faring with such a system so they decided to try to put the game towards that direction. I dont mean to bash them but even at that point the game is still lacking when you compare it to those 2 games with similar system of playability.

18. Alex Vojacek

Alex Vojacek Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX295
    Yes, you're right, I dare someone just trying to compare Company of Heroes (for example, Tales of Valor) playability and RTS depth-strategies with C&C 4.

There is simply no point in comparison, one is an incredible RTS experience, the other one is a copy-cat trying to get some quick cash, just go ahead and check the websites for each game and you will see what I'm talking about.