Afterburner 1.5.1 (2010-3-19)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Garrett_Wu, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

Hi All

After several weeks commnuication with AMD, we finally fix all MSI R5800 series (including R5870/R5850/R5830 Twin Frozr II & R5870 Lightning) voltage adjustment issue with Afterburner 1.5.1. If you have voltage adjustment issue on early shippment of these cards, be sure to update to latest BIOS from MSI official website.

Afterburner 1.5.1 Download:
    http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

[Changelog]
    # Added voltage control of MSI R5830 Twin Frozr II series.
    # Added voltage control of MSI R5670-PD1G series.
    # Fixed voltage control of MSI R5870 Lightning and R5870/R5850 Twin Frozr II
    # Fixed description of R5670 1GB series

2. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    NM DOWNLOAD WAS FIX WAS TAKING TO http://itoperations.hds.com/en/Page...banner&utm_content=view&utm_campaign=itoa0110 LOL

3. CartCSS

CartCSS Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    Where can I find it ? Any download links ?

4. soviet87

soviet87 Active Member

GPU:
    5850+5850+5970+GTX470
    Thanks guys, continue the good work!

5. topcaser

topcaser Member

GPU:
    MSI R5570
    Hi,

what about the plans to support 5570 series? Do you plan to support it in the upcoming release?

6. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

Msi r5570 series voltage adjustment support is already implemented.

7. GFDuke

GFDuke Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5870 l
    Afterburner still dosn't work on the Lightning cards. I can adjust the voltage fine in windows but as soon as i start to benchmark with it the voltage drops back to default. It's still not fixed.

8. topcaser

topcaser Member

GPU:
    MSI R5570
    Thanks for the info. I did not find anything about it in the Change log. I will give it a try.

Edit: Garret_Wu: Are you sure, support for R5570 is implemented yet in 1.5.1? I have tried it. I ensured to checked these settings: click. Nevetheless, i can not monitor the voltage neither adjust another value. The slider to adjust voltage is still grayed out.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  9. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

Could you tell me the full model name of R5570? because we only implement own design of 5570, not on reference design (very first shippment).

10. topcaser

topcaser Member

GPU:
    MSI R5570
    Garret_wu,

there are two versions of the R5570 on the market. I cant believe. I thought iam doing right in buying MSI.

Where do i find the full model name? I bought a MSI R5570.

11. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    Correct me if I'm wrong .
    If I'm a Die Hard NVIDIA fan I don't need this Update , or there is some minor changes that benefit me but were not significant enough to be mentioned in change log ?

12. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

I've checked. if you bought low profile (R5570-MD1G, with HDMI/D-Sub/DVI output), then it DOES NOT have voltage adjustment function because it follow reference design. In R5570-PMD1G (HDMI/Displayport/DVI), we implement voltage adjustment, but it will be in retail market later.

Sorry for the confusion.

13. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

No. In afterburner 1.5.1, we only fix voltage adjustment for R5800 series. If you are super fan of NVIDIA, please wait for upcoming 1.6.0, it will implement new function for Fermi. :)

14. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There are zero changes for NVIDIA owners in this build. And there are no not significant/undocumented changes, EXE and all DLLs are 100% equal to the previous build (1.5.0). The only changes are mentioned in the revision history and all of them affect hardware database file only.

15. topcaser

topcaser Member

GPU:
    MSI R5570
    Garret_wu,

this is very very disappointing, since i bought the MSI only because of your voltage adjustment plans :-(

16. faltor

faltor New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Gainward 275 OC
    My fan speed settings in MSI Afterburner 1.5.1 doesn't work with 197.13 197.15 or 197.25. Worked with 196.75 and before.
    Overclocking does work

17. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

We have time to market to catch. So we can't add voltage adjustment function into every product. please check infomation in colorbox, if product support this, we definitely will highlight.

18. Fluesopp

Fluesopp Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5870 in CF
    Maybe this is wrong place to ask, if so im sorry:S
    i have 2x5870 i cf, and using the driver 10.3 now.
    But one of the card goes on load clock all the time and i cant control the fan on it.
    When i use driver 9.12 both card goes to idle and i can control the fans on both.

Is there a reason why it is like this?
    Thanks for all help:)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  19. theonlybabyface

theonlybabyface Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX

Same here!?

20. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Coolest thing even old MSI NX8800GT OC users can make use of the GPU utilization display now i was amazed seeing it working (somehow it got active with a Nvidia Driver update) on that old card as everyone else said it wont work as the 8800GTs aren't supported, really interesting that it works now anyways, so we see once again this feature was hidden it seems because of Marketing for the G92 series of MSI cards in favor of the GTX series and most probably every other G92 Reference 8800GT as well and now is finally active, i guess we have to rather thank Nvidia then MSI for activating it :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010