Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Euhg, that flashing weapon is horrible! Why on earth would they opt for the immersion of essentially no HUD, and then kill all the immersion they added with flashing weapons?

2. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    Finished the game yesterday. Now I'm playing in God-mode and with no ammo limit, via the cfg file. :)

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Wow I tried DX9 for fun today and it runs so so much better. But I still think that DX10 in motion looks way much better. The lighting is also superior.

4. easy2007

easy2007 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX470 4GB

5. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Well, console players. They used the same stuff in Bioshock, i guess they want to make the game more "accessible"...

6. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    just finished playing it. overall good game but there is some room for improvements.. id give it ~ a 9 or 9.25/10

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    OK I started playing again last night to try and finish this game but I am stuck on the level where you have to turn the power back on in a train station and all these green blobs keep coming out of the ground. I finally got past the first set but now I am at a second wave of blobs and my partner keeps dying. Anyone have any tips? I try to shoot these things as soon as they come out of the ground but they just come from every direction.

8. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Yes, but it just seems so contradictory to making the game with a very limited HUD (a feature I specifically thought was great). Hell, I'd rather have the standard issue half baked console HUD than flashing crap. Oh well.

9. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    yeah, i had to replay that damn part ~7 times.. just keep trying and use a fast weapon (main rifle), also don't stay on-top of the things that make bubbles i think they spit at you or something.

10. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    [​IMG]

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.13.html

when drivers are beta, you have to open this website

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

scroll down a little you'll see: Beta and Archived Drivers

that's where you find Non-WHQL beta drivers released by nvidia.

this time you get the tutorial for free. :D

11. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Guys, I need your advice. Sorry if this is off-topic, but I'm thinking of buying the Nvidia GT220 512 meg card for purely physx duties. Would this card give decent performance ? I know the card isn't all that great and is significantly slower than my 5770, but purely for physx, would it be worthwhile ? Obviously I wouldn't be buying the card for Metro specifically, but more and more games are using physx and it's inevitable, so yeah.

Also, it's really, really cheap. :)

Regards,

12. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    you could've just turned off the PhysX and played, i can't believe you gave up the game because of this? imo there are worse reasons not to buy some games (ubisoft new online drm crap for example).

oh well. :banana:

even a mere 8800gt does a good job, so the GT220 512 will do you fine as long as you use it just for PhysX.

http://www.pcper.com/images/reviews/794/slide05.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  13. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but a GT220 card is not as quick as a 8800gt ?

Regards,

14. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    itz slower than even a 9600GT far as I kno

15. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Sorry again, that will be the last off-topic outburst from me. :)

Regards,

16. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    For physX i would get a 8800GT/9600GT, both are quicker than the GT220 and better for physX.

17. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    No it's not lol
    PhysX has been here for YEARS and a lot of games use it but only VERY FEW require hardware PhysX acceleration to be played properly and only for some non game changing effects here and there.
    You may not even have one :)
    Plus nVidia drivers block hardware PhysX if ATI card is found on systems so you would have to use hacked ones.

18. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I've started a thread in the ATI card section not to contaminate here. :) Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

19. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i just got my 1st gsod! :confused: i was trying very high setting, ran not really smooth, after around 30 min, then poof! gsod. the effects in very high setting is amazing. i might wanna wait for fermi to play this game.

20. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Does CPU performance really improve fps in this game ? With my current set up, I find the game playable in some areas at very high and unplayable in others and I know my graphics card isn't the best, but my CPU is nowhere near the best either. Just wondering.

Frankly I'm surprised I can even run the game at very high. It's definitely not a slide show and for most of the game, it's not unplayable, it's just not silky smooth. But I see people running much faster hardware and people still end up complaining that the game is unplayable.

Regards,