Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    True enough lol, I was really commenting on the comments about how crap this game is optimized yet they are trying to run max with my card or slightly better cards. Granted sli seems to be broken from what I have read hopefully they get that fixed soon.

Tri fire that would be nice, let ne know how it goes.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  3. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i have two 5850 and i can say it sometimes struggles at full details in DX 11 mode... bad optimization

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Quote for truth
    But i still believe it will be a lot better with drivers

5. Paul5850

Paul5850 Guest

GPU:
    Gainward Phantom GTX 970
    Best I found for 5850:

DX10, High Details, No AA, 16x AF

BTW in the Benchmarks, how can I switch off tessellation and depth of field separate from the general details settings ( Lo, Med, High, VH ).

6. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    To the peep who claims this is for next gen GPU's and we should not run Very High, you got proof to back that up or simply made it up yourself. ?

The game obv needs a patch if 1 peep (pictures in this thread) gets low FPS then 1 sec later high FPS at the same scene.

Nvidia do not have a recent driver after last one was pulled and I do not think, it added support for this game which a new driver no doubt will.

To peeps asking about the config.ini file its not needed to to change the PhysX options but for Vista+Win 7 is both here : C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033

and here : C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Metro 2033

Its called " user.cfg " in BOTH cases.

In the Games Menu Settings under " GAME OPTIONS (NOT VIDEO) ", PhysX Default setting is CPU Bound, change it to Enhanced PhysX and its GPU Bound (you can verify this using the Nvidia PhysX Indicator.

7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Not sure. I bought the game and am now digging around trying to manually edit the settings. It's silly that you can only choose low/high/really high settings and not manually. Really boggles my mind, because HSAO is a huge FPS killer and I would love to be able to run the game on Higher settings, but I need to disable a couple things.

8. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)

About editing user.cfg Does anybody know how to turn on Local motion blur(object motion blur) in user.cfg? Its only on very high settings , really graphics options SUX... I have very nice fps on High settings and it looks almost same like very high but the blur is disabled and I love that blur , its in crysis too.... combining high details + local blur = win. help please...

9. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I was claiming that the Very High setting is for Dx11 gpus to get the best FPS all I can say for sure is I had good frames on the opening scene so take that with a grain of salt. IMO the games looks amazing at high and runs very good on it. I think in terms of visuals it brings more to the table in performance than crysis did at the next to highest setting but crysis was a larger game.

I didn't mean any disrespect though.

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea lowest i got was 14fps @ v.high no aa, advanced phsyx off, otherwise around 25-45fps and its not playable. I'll have to settle with high settings lol:wanker:..

light rays/volumetric fog, shadows, object motion blur - takes a hit when people/creatures move but its kinda ugly lol and ambient occlusion is killing it and obviously tessellation.. on v.high

here a few high vs v.high screens with adv physx enabled

high
    [​IMG]
    v.high
    [​IMG]

high

[​IMG]
    v.high
    [​IMG]

high
    [​IMG]

v.high
    [​IMG]

and ugly lol object motion blur @ v.high
    [​IMG]

11. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    I was watching a friend playing it and Advance DOF makes a huge impact on performance. It does look the image sharper but almost cuts in half the fps. I suppose DOF stand for depth of filed? Never saw a DOF so demanding...
    Other then that we was playing it at 1680x1050 DX11 Very High no AA 16AF.
    The sound is good, like the volumetric smoke, the IA seems very limited, the gunfights are easy at least so far.

I like the atmosphere and il´might reconsider buying the game as soon some patches are releases to address the performance issues.

12. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    IMO 1 patch and a new Nvidia driver with support added and it be a bit better.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]

For those who want V-sync :)

14. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I don't get it why you guys are obsessed with playing on the highest settings possible. Lower the goddamn settings and stop crying, as the game looks amazing with normal settings.

15. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Nope, it's magical on V.high. Best looking game ever in motion.

This is the new stuff.

16. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Well... as you said "this is the new stuff", and everyone and their grandmother's expect to run it maxed out with 8xAA (8xAA?!?!?) with v-sync on (the game has it on by default btw) at 1920x1200 res?

17. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    +1 I agree with what your saying but IMHO it looks absolutely epic when cranked all the way up, I just can't do it. It's apparently all about the e-peen. :)

18. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Yea I just ran the prologue again with 16xaf and high spec on dx9 and you can tell the difference but isn't a deal breaker at all. It also runs smoother and faster on dx9 opposed to dx10. I got an average of 36fps with a dip as low as 20fps opposed to a high of 32fps and a low of 18. It isn't much but dx9 felt smoother. I will run again to see if I am just blowing smoke but if it is smoother I will stick with 9 until I get my gtx 480 or 5970 4gb

19. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Anybody else get this damn forced steam overlay update?

20. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Can ran my last bench of the night before I clean and actually dive into the game but DX10 High Spec 16xAF and it was pretty smooth except it dipped during the fight scene out side and I had an average of 31fps and a low of 15fps. Would love to see other peoples performance.