Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im2bad

Im2bad Guest

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Well now I know why one of my friends was complaining about a shotgun guy shooting him from at least a hundred meters away, repeatedly too. :D

I wonder why they won't fix that, I'd think it could become a major annoyance although it hasn't happened to me yet so I don't really care. :p

It's fun to snipe snipers with the reflex sights, especially when they try their hardest to put you down first only to get a three round burst to the head from a M16. Gotta love it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Are you 100% sure about this? I've read that they have the same bullet drop as sniper rifles. I also think I've had to aim high to get marksman headshots with slugs.

3. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    How can I practice flying the helicopters? If I start my own unranked game can I just fly around by myself or does there have to be at least one other person on the other team for the game to start? Which level has a lot of helicopters?

I have not experienced any lag. The only bug I have had with this game is 1 crash to desktop after I had alt-tabbed quite a few times setting up my ventrilo.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  4. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Really? I don't think I've had a 'lag free' game yet. I get alot of stuttering too...

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    no lag here at all

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    People with GeForce 8800 GT, how well does it run? My brother gets pretty horrendous performance drops; He has Core 2 Duo E6400 and I believe it is starting to show its age in this game.

This does look like a nice game, will most likely buy it when there's nice weekend/holiday deal in Steam.

7. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    OK, well thats for letting me know... must be something wrong with my system then. Strange though because other games seemn fine.

8. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    You could call having 150-250 ms ping "lag" :p

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Just an FYI for people who have this game on steam

When the current patch (which is released currently for non-steam users) is released on steam, SecuROM WILL be removed. BUT ONLY for STEAM buyers, non-steam buyers, or retail, will still have SecuROM

10. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    This is important because ? (I have it on steam)

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    We no longer have to deactivate the game or worry about the 10 limit activations

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Now EA can brag about how they handle DRM the right way to Ubisoft.

13. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    I was completely lag free until the end of this past week.

Since then, just about on every server, I occasionally get what I think some people call 'reverse lag'... the world around me just just stops, like frozen in time; I can still run around the world, though, shoot my gun, knife people, etc. It reminds me of Hiro on "Heroes" when he freezes time.

After several seconds (sometimes maybe just 5 seconds, sometimes may as much as 20 secs), the game "un-freezes" and I'm put put right back to where I'd be if I continued on a straight line at the point of the freeze.

Sometimes, instead of un-freezing, it just disconnects me from the server. :(

No stuttering at all, though.

14. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Was hoping for a bit more in this patch... quite minor issues for the most that I see on the change list.

Browser needs a redesign to stop refreshing every server on earth as soon as you log on and give a option to refresh existing list or get new list.

Filter list need more options.

40mm noob tube still not nerfed & Carl Gustav still being abused.

Autobalance still not fixed.

Also patched and pre-patched players can all play together and dont get a a kick for old version. Just shows all changes are cosmetic or singleplayer. What a let down.

15. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    I think performance has increased abit.

16. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 1.5GB
    How about working antialiasing? It can't be just me...

17. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    They've already said previously that they're working on changes to the browser. They're obviously just not yet done. They've said the browser is the thing that's bogging their server down and not the game itself and the hardware they've recently (supposedly) added is just a band-aid until they fix the browser.

Looking at the list, this is obviously just a bunch of easy bug fixes they can get out the door. No balancing changes at all. There's probably half a dozen other balancing issues that are irking me. The 40mm and Gustav are at the bottom of my list.

They'll probably want to wait a little bit and monitor some more before re-balancing because they know people are going to get even better with more and more practice. Every re-balance causes flack from angry players, and if they rebalance today, they know they'll have to do it yet again tomorrow as players will continually improve with more experience. I remember reading an interview with one of BF2's designers commenting on how air vehicles had become so dominating on the BF2 maps. He said they never envisioned people becoming such expert pilots with the copters and especially jets in the game. They were designed to be deliberately easy enough to learn, yet still hard enough to never be mastered. But with time (years), players still mastered them to the point that the original developers didn't even know the jets were capable of doing what people were doing with them.
    Also, DICE's history with the BF franchise is they're wary and slow to get out balance changes... the rebalancing usually gets tested for quite a while internally before they release.

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No need to fix what isn't a problem

19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    exactly! it's the assault players only defense against the LMG's. if i wasnt quick on the noob tube i'd be dead alot more ...

20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    It's a game of rock paper scissors sometimes.... Tubes destroy LMGs which destroy assault rifles which destroy snipers in close quarters which destroys everything at range except for LMGs who tap and... well you get the picture. Everything is "balanced" in a way that everything has a counter to an extent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.