Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Awesome I think the game releases at midnight! Also, I was looking for metro profile, and there are indeed DX9/DX10 SLI profiles. Bring it on!

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Now this will be the game to make my PC cry in pain. :p Will probably wait to get it until I build a new system.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    In the second level of xbox version im bored bigtime. Visual fest yeah but well, my name is Mr.Boringtime

4. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    There's no multiplayer right? That is unfortunate. Every game should have multiplayer... even if it's just FFA/TDM/CTF or something.

I'd like to play this to see how my machine holds up against it, or if it starts showing its age :p

5. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I can run Crysis on basically very high DX9 with perfectly acceptable frame rates, so with your superior rig, I know you can. If this mere corridor shooter gives a PC that can play Crysis issues, than I'd say their engine is just weak.

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    They said this game was going to be very linear but since your playing the xbox version already what is the story or premise of the game like, it seems like for you at least it doesn't want to make you play on?

It seems like every game nowadays gets a 9/10.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  8. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Truly terrible performance.

Everyone bitches about optimization whenever they can't run a game way out of their computers league, so I am the last person to say it. With that said, this appears to be entirely unoptimized. I'm curious to see what kind of performance users here are getting, once they get it downloaded / shipped etc, that is.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    whoah! indeed it doesnt look optimized

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Damn, i hope thats wrong, as maxed with no AA or GPU PhysX at 1920x1200 a GTX260 gets around 20fps, and that is with an i5, god knows what i would get with this.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I expect it to be like Cryostasis and Stalker originally were (And Clear Sky when it was released.) so I'm not terribly surprised but yeah it is somewhat low, will test it as soon as it's released and see how it is but that's not until Friday the 19th.
    (Even if I got it earlier Steam has it locked so I can't do anything, that installscript only verified the preload I had as well so that didn't work unfortunately, could take the crack only but the rest of the files would still be encrypted of course so waiting is the only remaining method, still it'll be interesting to hear other peoples opinions and such about the game as it's released officially in the US side since a few hours ago, heh.)

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Wow... that's discouraging. I was about to purchase it on Steam but decided to have a look here to see what has been said.

With that being said, I might have to wait on this one.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep it really is discouraging, maybe there is more alot performance to be found by scaling small less noticeable things down, but when the 5850 goes from over 40fps with DX10 maxed, to under 20fps with DX11 maxed, i just doubt there is enough eye candy to warrant that sort of drop.

Will have to wait off getting this until i see more in the way of performance reviews.

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Same boat. Going to wait for more reviews and tests, or an optimization patch.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    DX11 apparently adds a more correct or accurate form of depth of field and the main reason for the performance drop, tesselation (AA might perhaps work differently as well but probably similar to DX10.) tesselation is said to be used on pretty much anything so that disabled should help performance a bit although models won't be as "rounded" or smooth obviously.
    (Based on how its used in other titles and how it always hits performance and how ATI currently has no Metro 2033 profile so performance will be worse until 10.4 probably unless they do a hotfix 10.3 release, doubt it's time left for them to be able to squeeze it into 10.3 itself although Crossfire might still scale somewhat.)

16. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I'm getting 10-15 FPS with details on very high, DX10, 4xAA and 16xAF (as per the usual). I'll try disabling things to see if that helps.

I'm also crying a little. :p

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Got part of the files decrypted via various utilities, not playable but I found the default config file called user.cfg this time. :p
    (Also includes Feb 2010 DirectX, VC++ 2005 SP1 ATL and a new PhysX .222 redist mentioned in the PhysX section of this forum already, somewhat updated compared to the previous official .129 version.)

18. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I disabled AA and it's averaging about 25-30 FPS but in some areas it's jumping up to 90 FPS. Might have to wait for a patch or something.

19. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    ****. If you are experiencing 10-15 fps, then I'll be getting 2-3 fps. You have a MUCH faster GPU than mine and a MUCH faster CPU as well.

I'm a little worried now. What's the point of adding all that DX11 goodness when it brings the game to a crawl ? Seriously.

I saw in the benchmark results that running the game in DX9 more than doubled frame rates.

So can you or anyone tell me, what does the game look like in DX11 vs DX9 and is it really worth the performance penalties involved ?

Regards,

20. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Damn. Both your GPU's are loaded? If yes I just start crying. 30 FPS in DX10 with a GTX295 and i7 @3.8 and AA disabled? :bang:
    Then I'm doomed with my rig in DX11. :bawl: