Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by evilkiller650, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Snooken

Snooken Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX560M 3GB
    It is a standalone expansion, meaning you can play it without DoW2, but you will be limited to the Chaos Rising campaign and Chaos Marines (and Space Marines ive heard) in the multiplayer.

2. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    After day 14 of the SP campaign of Chaos Rising, a short video played and now there are no missions on any of the worlds. Nothing extra to click on... so now I can't play the SP campaign without restarting it which I'm definitely not going to do. I will wait for a fix (if there is one).

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Anyone know if the game ends after ulkair's death?

4. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    It does.

5. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    So I can't play the last mission?! CONFOUND THIS SKULLDUGGERY! ROAR!!

6. Chesty_Puller

Chesty_Puller Member Guru

Chaos Rising campaign was awesome. A bit short but still awesome and better than the original. Cliff hanger ending FTL!

There are 5 endings you can achieve and the traitor varies depending how you play.

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Would like to see them develope the franchise a bit faster.

Looking forward to Tau, Necron, Imperial Guard, Demon Hunters etc.

Chaos Rising should have also had all 4 Chaos Gods, not just nurgle. (choose 1 of the 4 for balancing?).

I have a Space Wolves army, it'd be cool if they released some small chapter specific characters like Ragnar Blackmane, Logan Grimnar, Ulrick the Slayer, Bjorn Dreadnought etc. I'm sure it'd be popular especially if the price was right.

8. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Well there's also Khorne (Bloodletters and Bloodcrushers), and Tzeentch to an extent (in MP you can upgrade your CSM squads to be Tzeenchian... or Khorne for that matter). Obviously Nurgle is included. The only one that isn't really, is Slaanesh. Though I've heard my Sorcerer say something along the lines of "Feed their souls to Slaanesh!".

In any case yes having all the Gods would be awesome, and more races.

Also defencive structures that you can build around points would be nice.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  9. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I feel GW is letting-up on a great opportunity to sell their figures by not having much in actual 40K characters n stuff. Obviously, the lore is massive, but, a fan of DoW1/2 couldn't walk into GW and get a Blood Ravens army for example.

More likely, they're going to walk out and not buy anything cause what they know seems detached from the real game.

Also, lore battles like Chaos vs Imperial Guard Cadia isn't anywhere near possible with the current or old engine. We'd need a pop-cap of at least 1000 to even get a taste of those lore wars. Sadly, those epic battles will probably have to wait until 64bit only is the norm.

10. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic

I expect GW or Forgeworld to knock out a character or 2 at some point in the future as Relic (with the assistance of Black Library writing novels based on the games) continue develop thier chapter with interesting stories, but currently (pre-Chaos Rising anyway) there was (and still is) no real reason for GW to do so since the Blood Ravens can pretty much be covered entirely by thier existing miniature range (and make no mistake, DoW1 and 2 boosted Space Marine sales by a decent margin as people wanted thier own Blood Ravens force.. my own brother being one of them).

11. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, that'd be a minimum of 5 main characters from DoW2 at least.

DoW1/2 did get me to finally get a Space Wolves army again. My Space Wolves and Ork armies (around 300 metal and 100+ plastic models from 2nd Edition) from my youth were robbed and returned broken around 12years ago so I threw the lot away (gutted me).

Now I have a fully painted Space Wolves army. Really wanted to get an Ork one done aswell, but, it's a bit expensive to have an Ork army painted. I do have 2 painted Ork boss' to get me started though.

12. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I have a Daemon army sitting on my table waiting to be painted... but I have no motivation to do so :p

I should take some pictures of my Emperor's Children army... I think you'd all be very impressed by it's awesomeness ;)

13. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    They certainly won't get 5 characters that have rules written for them, Tarkus, Avitus, Thaddeus and Cyrus are simply generic sergeants (possibly collectors edition minis like the Ork Warboss that came with Warhammer Online's collectors edition). Davion Thule and Gabriel Angelos would be the 2 I'd expect to recieve models or rules (possibly Chapter Master Kyrus, depending on what kind of story is developed for him)..
    Thule in dreadnought form is something of an anomaly though, essentially being a Furioso dreadnought with ranged weapon options.. something even the Blood Angels and thier successors don't have access to despite being the chapters that exclusively use the Furioso and I doubt the Blood Ravens are going to get thier own codex.

14. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yes, please!

15. Snooken

Snooken Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX560M 3GB
    I think a "Warhammer - Tabletop" thread is in order :)

I would start one myself, but my old, and very small collection of necrons and tyranids are just sitting around gathering dust and wouldn't make a "cool opener" for at thread.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Your Tyranids would need some action, but Necrons sitting around gathering dust isn't a problem for them, they're used to do that for millions of years in a row.

:infinity:

17. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I wonder if the Necrons huddle together when doing nothing?

Anyway, I'm going to stress that Warhammer and Warhammer 40k is 2 different entities. I'm only into 40k so 40k thread would be better.

18. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    ^Lol from when I was younger:-
    [​IMG]

19. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Looks nice! :)

20. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I need to get off my lazy ass and find my camera... I'll do this now... but in the mean time here is a couple of pictures of my Farseer that I painted about 5 years ago, hehe.

[​IMG] [​IMG]