Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

It's alright... well.. I don't like it at all. :p

2. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    its because its not a good sniper level. its more rush and push forward action. you must like teh one with the big boat in the middle. that one is the worst

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Ya maybe... I'm about to try another class, but I always come back to recon lol. I think I could have unlock recon stuff 10 times now :p

4. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    yeah i for one am stuck on medic. love the light machine guns and healing and reviving ppl in the thick of battle. its up in the front line stuff that i like. i have it all unlocked for medic

5. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    ah man and here was me thinking i was doing well with this and then i saw strikers post :(
    [​IMG]

6. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Anyone else notice that the Carl Gustav rocket launcher is overpowered as hell? People seem to use it like it's a shotgun when really it should be primarily AT.

7. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    lol 10 knife kills! man! i think maybe i did like 5 in a round at most

8. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    CG is not an anti tank weapon. It is used as an airburst weapon, bunkerbuster and to chock and awe.

The AT4 is a modern antitank/structure weapon, but in this game it has forced guidance wich makes it **** since you will get sniped before the warhead reaches its target. Thats just irony for you. The low tech CG is superior since it gives snipers no time to pinchusion you lawl, recon needs to be deleted from the game.

Also as far as i know the CG cannot be used as a shootgun in close range since the warhead has a timer, it will not go off before say 10 meters or something. Or it is bugged always for me and never works as a "shotgun" as it did in the beta.

I abuse this timer thing to shoot through fences n stuff, break the fence but since saftey is on the warhead propells itself to the target anyway.

9. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Yeah, to be honest I wasn't going for objectives... I'm bad :p. Though it was close, the guy in first only had about 100 more points than me (less than half as many kills though!)

It was actually just a normal Rush. I think the score is so high because I might have gotten a gold star.

Also info on the Carl Gustav. It's important to note that it doesn't fire a rocket; it fires a round similar to an artillery shell. It can (and still is) used against tanks and other vehicles (though we tend to use M72s against soft skinned vehicles).

10. squirrel007

squirrel007 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080
    Holy crap. I got 2500 and thought I was doing good. I was going to ask how many dog tags everyone has collected, but now I'm afraid my collection of 16 is gonna sound wimpy.

11. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Maybe you're getting confused with real life and the game. I've definitely been killed in close quarters by the CG.

Something tells me that IRL you cant just carry around a Gustav and laser beam people indoors with it.

12. Manu2009

Manu2009 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    Is piloting a RC copter a known bug that makes the game crash ? It gets me back to the desktop every time I try to pilot one. Anyone ever heard of that bug ?

Ty

13. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Awesome multiplayer totally awesome , i can't remmber when for the last time i was soo hooked up to a game!.

I'm playing recon, and i love LONG range sniper shots, amazing stuff :D

EA Servers down....again;p

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  14. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    You don't know what rounds the Carl Gustaf uses in BC 2. It could be the airburst, heat, tandem, HE or whatever. But it still is an AT rifle, even though it's multi-purpose.
    And Shock and Awe is a military doctrine, you can't do it with a single bazooka. Hell, not even the USA managed to do it with their massive bombings in Iraq few years ago.

15. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    ok i got a question, and this happens in no other game i have ever played (inc crysis) basically sometime (say one or twice as night) my pc will just completely shut down when playing, other times it will just ctd (which i see many are having) and last night for the first time ever i got an error saying my nvidia drivers had stopped working...

now my cpu temps are fine 41 max on load, and a quick check of the gpu says its around 60-70 which is also fine on load for the card.

now has anyone else got any of the problems above?
    i dont want some smart ass answer like oh ur pcs not good enough - bc it is and like i said it only happens in this game.

is it driver problems? game problems? or both?

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    These MAGNUM ROUNDS..r only works for MAGNUM PISTOL right? and i saw G3..there is g3!! awesome..i unlocked m16 last night.sweet..but why i need to use all magazine to kill someone? becasue of 150Ms ping i guess..hardcore servers r epic for that..

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    man i have almost no time for this great game :( guess ill start when everybody is level 30 or so lol

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lo..i dont have time too..i give my self to FABLE 2..both my xbox360 and PC r ON..i play fable 2..and some BC2 in meanwhile..iam a nerd..then friends come home. both stay ON..and marriage goes same time..damn..it was easy when i was 17!

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    i still have both of you beat with a round of 22K :p posted in like 6 pages back

I have above 200 now....i believe, if not, close, i'm on my 2nd gold star for the knife, going on 3rd

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

626 dog tags so far :D 430 knife kills. That means I made about 200 knife kills in beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.