Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lofti

Lofti Guest

GPU:
    Visiontek 7970 2GB x2
    I was playing tonite and saw a player that had an unlock for both UAV mounted machine gun and an additional machine for tanks and light armor....

I'm not seeing this anywhere in my unlocks and I'm rank 20

is this a special "preorder" unlock or do I have to hit a certain level?

2. jimlad

jimlad Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970
    probably he got it from using a particular kit a lot, you get different unlocks as a medic than as assault for instance.

3. Darkne55

Darkne55 New Member

It's an unlock that you get, or at least I got, from purchasing the limited edition version of the game. It's called...

Supreme Vehicle Firepower
    Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.

I did notice that I have a driver controlled machine gun in the tanks when I have this enabled. As far as the uav mounted machine gun, I have yet to actually use the drone in multiplayer, so I'm unsure about that. Would be nice though. I enjoyed it in the campaign.

I'm having the exact same problem. It would be nice if I could revive, or even heal as a medic. There is also no repair tool and no ammo box. At least I'm not alone.

Here is my opinion of bc2...

Overall I think it's a solid game. As far as the initial problems, well it's pretty much par for the course for an EA release and these things will get sorted out. I don't particularly care for the new Call of Duty style knife, but it addresses and eliminates a problem that has been around since Battlefield 2. (I wish they would've chosen a different solution, but I'm glad that they at least addressed it finally.)

4. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    u know, i used my phone's gprs, i can play without disconnection from ea online, but with more than 900 pings and prepaid balance will run out, i cant last long. while my internet connection cant stay connect with ea online more than 2 minutes. basically im pretty much f'ed..

5. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    You can get those vehicle unlocks by racking points with vehicles. There are very few of them, shouldn't take too long to get them all.

6. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    Well i just woke up.. and these comments don't look encouraging. how long must we wait? =/

7. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Eh? If this is about not being able to strafe while springing, I can only say that this game got it right.

If you don't press shift, you're jogging with your weapon in high ready position. If you press shift, you are sprinting as fast as you can your weapon lowered. I dare you to strafe and sprint while wearing 20-30 kg of combat gear.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    no when you dont press shift you are just walking, not jogging, and when you press shift you are jogging. Are you saying while doing this in real life you cant move left or right a few cm ?

9. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Has anyone else joined a hardcore server and it not be hardcore, it's starting to piss me off now.

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    lol...ok, someone said my crossair is not there because i was playing on a hardcore server..

ok, i didnt play on an hardcore server^^ as soonest i select c4 in game, all my mouse cursor/crosses are gone and the mini map..so whats up with that??

greetz Beta

11. jimlad

jimlad Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970
    those things are unlocked as you play, you don't start with them like in the beta.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Thats the point

i ALREADY onlocked them.. isaw the UNLOCK ANIMATION..but i cant see them..besides..i can SUE THEM in the game..but cant ACCESS THEM IN CUSTOMIZATION MENU..

13. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Have you even looked at the animations? :3eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepiJznvvY0

You call THAT walking? Seriously, look at the animations.

Edit: The whole point of not being able to strafe is that you wouldn't be able to keep your vision in the general direction of the enemy when he fires upon you.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    man who can help me? it shows 60 fps but in especially in smoke, it down to 45 FPS but it feels like 15 FPS..what iam doing wrong ? :(:(:(..

15. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i dont know bout that but it runs fine on my rig, biggy.. have u try different setting configuration?

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    What you are showing there is the multiplay. it really looks faster then the single player i was talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HIR5Xv4kdk

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I've got the same thing, but that was in singleplayer, multiplayer seems fine.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i even set everything to LOW..but same..only SMOKE, DUST gives me FPS drop around 45 FPS but feels like 15

19. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    It's the same in MP and SP.
    If that is walking, what is the player doing when he is looking down the sights on his weapon? Crawling in mid air? :p

20. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Oh god dammit, the americans are waking up now and they tanked the login servers again :/

"unable to login yada yada" started 5 mina go now ;<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.