Forceware 196.75

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Mar 2, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

147 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

43 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

42 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Cards HAVE been fried, that's the whole point. If the issue wasn't serious, then, the driver wouldn't have been pulled. I also wouldn't consider GTX275 a "rare" product. Infact, the problem is with what would be considered mainstream cards.

I also don't have any problems here, but, as with the nature of "problems"; it's not a problem until it happens to you. Then, you'll be just as p*****-off as everyone else who's had the same problem.

2. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc

i kind of agree but when playing a game u hear the game surely not your fan , as for the fan issue since i bought my gtx 275 ( 1 year ago) not 1 driver from nvidia has worked wqith auto fan control meaning ive always had to use evga or msi since its launch , and it has nothing to do with faulty card it has purely been down to drivers , this includes total format re install of w7 xp or vista with driver sweeper n safe mode etc all other occasions so for me the bug has always been there

3. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    I installed this driver and everything seemed fine. I turned fan up to 100% in precision and played some ME2 and BFBC2, all was well. Went to sleep with fans still manually on 100% and when I woke up a few hours later I didnt notice that the card was considerably inaudible. :)stewpid:) I then started bfbc2 and thought "Oh! better turn that there fan up!" looked in precision and it was already set to 100%. So i quit the game and the gpu was @ 125 degrees and im flipping out like wtf?!?! so had to restore defaults and reset fan. That went well but I rolled back to some previous drivers and havent had anything happen again. -_- I was asleep for like 6 hours so my card musta been baking for quite some time. But fortunately there doesnt seem to be any apparent damage ... (knock on wood) BEWARE all may seem fine but in the end you may get pwnd.:bang:

4. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I have two GTX 275's in SLI and with these new drivers temps average 38 to 45 idle and 52 to 59 full bore 3d. Not sure why but mine work ok. Using CPUID HW monitor for temps.

I do have a question about Driver Sweeper,,when I use it and reboot it comes up to a dos screen with Nvidia y/n? I chose y and windows starts,,whats with that?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010

5. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    How can your video card get hot by a driver if your fans are spinning at 100%? I could understand if your fans aren't spinng but the read out shows there at 100%. Im my tower you can hear my cards fan at startup when I increase the fan speed to 100%. If you can't hear your fan then that should be the first warning sign. People who say they can't hear there fan in-game well maybe you should turn your fans on before you play, I always do.

I use to use Rivatuner but then switched to EVGA's Precision which is made by the same person. I have used both to control my fans. I have yet to ever run into any problems with my fans when using those programs. I assume this problem is when people are relying on just the driver and not 3rd party software???

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    That about sums it up.

7. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    Like I said when I installed the drivers originally they worked perfectly. I went to sleep woke up and apparently sometime during that period something happened because the fan was no longer running at 100% fan speed even though in precision it was still set at 100%. Ive never had this issue before EVER. It sounds like your implying I'm at fault somehow. But I'll just imply that I'm not.

8. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    running these for about 20hours (pc up time) and no problems with temps ....

9. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I wasn't even replying to anyone so that means you took offense to something that I was simply saying. I didn't say u or anyone else did anything wrong. I asked a question and stated an opinon, that's it.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Which games though? Every game i tested last night was slower with them.

11. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    AVP 3
    Battlefield bad company 2
    Starcraft 2 Beta
    Star Wolves 3

12. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    Didn't mean to sound offensive/defensive/hostile. But I did think you were addressing me and I replied, s'all. :)

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    AVP3 seemed identical, BFBC2 was a touch slower with the 188.25's, but only when it got busy, might of been a CPU thing.
    Don't play the other two, but ME2 was noticeably jerkier and L4D2 was at least 20fps slower with them.

The 196.75's have been the fastest gaming drivers i've used, just a shame they suck with movies.

14. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    totally agree i play nfs shift mw2 bf2 bf 2142 lfd fc2 and 196.75 are simply the quickest gaming drivers nvidia have produced for my gtx 275 with 196.34 then 191 quadro in that order but again diff pc setups etc could be the difference , and seeing as i only really game and dont watch videos best gaming drivers from nvidia to date , (for me !)

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep, NFS Shift too also seemed abit quicker, plus i get to add some AO to it, which doesn't seem to kill FPS as much as i expected.

Just a pity it keeps switching to 16bit colour when i select 60hz.

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    If this was a widespread problem EVERYONE that has an nvidia card would have the same issue. From what I have read only a handfull of people. It was pulled probally because there is an issue with certain cards and models. Look at this forum, how many have had this problem compared to how many have not?

17. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G

You need to create custom res and prob fixed.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, i know, but this wasn't necessary in the past, so its still a problem even if i know a way round it.

19. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33960475

20. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I reverted back... no sense in taking a risk and the other drivers worked fine.