Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    HBAO is a nice looking feature, but it really seems to be only playable at lower resolutions. If there was a way to edit the shadow resolution, that would be nice.
    Anyone know how to turn off the bloom? The config doesnt seem to do anything. In the beta, you could turn Effects to low and it would be gone.

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    @Wanny: Why are you comparing 2 GPUS with HBAO off and 1GPU with HBAO on, I assume I'm missing something here...?

3. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    Yes there is a way, go to my documents and the BC2 folder. Open up the settings file and edit Bloom=true to false save and you are good to go. Also you have other options like the choice to run in dx9 or 10 as well.

4. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    This.

Also stop the name calling, you're going to get this thread closed because of your internet insecurities.

Anyways I find that the game, while fun, is also very frustrating since people take so many rounds to die. Maybe I just need to get used to the engine and lag but right now it's a bit on the 'weird' side. :3eyes:

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I find its more making sure you use short bursts with automatic weapons. The targeting I actually find kind of realistic. Of course finding servers with a nice low ping always helps.

I also think the name calling is out of hand, but its mostly just one person.

6. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Thats the thing, I just tap my mouse button to shoot single shot/2 round bursts and it still takes a crapload of rounds to drop someone.

Also I join servers that have a 15 ping in the server browser but I've never seen my ping in game below 130.

7. kgb_m3

kgb_m3 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 260gtx 216 SSC SLi
    Hey guys, just installed the game and with my rig to the left it runs like rubbish even on medium settings. What's going on? Is the game that demanding with mediocre graphics?

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Most of the early weapons are quite weak, will probably be better once some more unlocks are acquired, I've been using the M1 garand just because of this as despite the low firing rate and limited ammo two three shots can kill if they hit.
    (The Colt pistol is a decent alternative for sidearms as well but there are better stuff available, hah still needed once the rifle runs out of bullets though due to low reload speed.)

Grabbing a shotgun might work as well but the very limited range would be a problem for early models.
    (Unless there's some slug upgrade or something for them.)

Snipers probably have it easier.
    (That "Barret" or M107 what it's called should take down anything I imagine, haha, G3 rifle looks sweet as well but requires full "25" in rank.)

EDIT: To the above post the latest NVIDIA drivers have a SLI profile for the game, should improve performance as the rest of the system is more than enough to handle it. :)
    (HBAO might hit performance a bit along with AA but SLI with those cards should still be manageable.)

9. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    I know I thought that was fix since I was complaining about that in the demo. But a machine gun kills someone, still to many shots.

Over all it's great and I like how you can run longer without getting tired like in BF2. Just finish play several rounds and now 4 rank.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    What ?!? have you played on realism servers to check if its still the same ? 2/3 shots for a m1 is pretty pathetic imo.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ah no this was based on the default server data with mainly hits to the torso area (Head is quicker but can still take two hits from what I've tried at least.), I'm uncertain how it works on realism servers but I guess one or two hits would work there to kill.
    (Hits to the body and no special care packages for the opponent to say increase armor or what they can do.)

M1 uses 30-06 or .223 doesn't it? unsure about ballistic data and such and what's used by the game but it should work better than the 5.56 ammuniton in most other rifles.
    (Probably not comparable to 7.62 in certrain rifles and of course the VSS guns with their 9.32 or what it's called cartridges.)

Still I can handle that gun pretty well now, even shoot enemies trough weak areas on vehicles. (Windshields on jeeps and similar, works every time and seems to surprise people frequently, haha, tanks won't work of course, tried standing behind on jumping on and popping a grenade trough the hatch but it didn't work, guy in it was very confused though and kept spinning that turret around, ran over me eventually when going backwards but it was fun while it lasted, helicopters are reinforced as well I think so hitting the gunner or pilot probably won't work.)

12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    DX 11 HBAO 8xMSAA,16AF looks good plays great.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. zigihammer

zigihammer Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060
    Where can i check online stats??
    There's no option on BF website ;/

14. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    No, should be very playable for you and very, very playable on Medium. Are you using the new ForceWare's?

15. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    You sir, have insane specs.

On a side note. I did a hotfix ATI driver update for the 10.2 and on top of that I raised up my RAM voltage a tad. This was the only game that was giving me trouble and now its gone!!! Now I can leave my video card overclocked too :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Available to some part of Europe! Whyyyyy :..( Whyyy... damn 17 hours to unlock!

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Forcing AA through CCC doesn't works for me :( the tree's and all look so ugly, am i doing something wrong?

18. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Mine has been running like crap also, at first it was great with the pirated version but a clean install of windows 7 and the force ware and the previous ones before that have been leaving me quite disappointed. Again I can't sign into a server to save my life, just repeats can't connect to ea server.

19. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Hye i just installed this game and i found it to have the tearing thing that happens when u turn off vsync, the thing is my vsync is turned on but there's still a bit of the tearing thing happening.

There's also the last option below vsync hsdao or something like that. I wonder what that is.

I have latest drivers 10.2 btw.

20. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Hey if i buy this game from e-tailer can i add it to steam ?

or should i say , activate on steam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.