Forceware 196.75

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Mar 2, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

147 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

43 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

42 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    I posted earlier abt L4D2 ctd. I re-installed it and winupdated: omg...L4D2 runs like a game from the 90's with very high fps..smooth also. gpus loaded 98% :D Jackpot ! Now lets see abt L4D also

2. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    Nevermind, I googled and found that Forceware is the same as Geforce. Frickin terminology.

Still can't get these off nvidia though, theyre really gettin hammered.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, same here and with just a single 260, with it maxed at 1920x1080 and 4xAA the game is much smoother now, even though i accidently had the CPU at stock speeds.
    Framerate stays well over 100fps alot more than it did before, and lowest i saw it was around 65fps in the 45minutes i played it.
    Hard to say for sure, but the minimum is up around 15fps even with a 800mhz lower CPU speed.

4. Antarius

Antarius Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 280 SLI x 2
    Drivers work great. I don't see much difference from previous drivers though. If there is, it is not so big to notice. Anyway having new drivers is always cool.

5. kaza83

kaza83 Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE®GeForce™ GTX295
  6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This drivers are amazing in SLI Hack on X48 , P45 and P965 mobos , tested DiRT2 , Bioshock 2 , 3DMark03 and Vantage , all showed improvements in FPS :thumbup: , Keepers :).

Using W7 x64bit.

7. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Well, as smooth as 188.25 with my 8800gt under TF2, FSAA works under ME 2, and my dual monitor performances in windowed apps have improved. Keepers for me, if they're stable.

EDIT : under w7 x64

OpenCL is not detected tough....

8. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    I tried overclocking from rivatuner and it would not let me chose small changes, for example the default shader clock is 1600MHz and if I set it to 1625MHz it would change to 1600 but setting it to 1626MHz would go to 1650

Anyone else with this problem? I did not get this in other drivers

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    on x48??:nerd: care to share :)

i just might throw another 250gts then ^^

10. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    I have some wierd problems with this drivers, booting takes forever (30sec on welcome screen and then 30sec some black screen) and it seems it broke some video codecs, because i cant use mp-hc (picture is freezing, sound is distorted, like you would try HD on some old computer that cant handle it), but WMP with default windows codecs is working... on Win7 x64. Ill reinstall drivers a bit later, but i intend to do fresh install in a day or two anyway...

11. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Performance is great in ALL games but crashes allot.crashed in crysis ,napoleon total war but shift and GTA runs fine.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    If it helps I only had the crash the first time I opened up System Information. I'm not sure whether it was running Registry Mechanic or not but, whatever, it worked thereafter. Only thing now is I don't have any information shown under the Display tab as it's blank, I can only the files and versions under the Components tab.

I've tried a number of games with these drivers including Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, Aliens vs. Predator and Mass Effect 2 and they appear to be working well with no real issues to report (OK so AvP still stutters a little under DX10 but I suspect that's a game not driver issue myself). These are keepers for me. Shame that the Aspect Ratio bug has returned though.

13. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    This drivers breaks ffdshow x86. None of the 32bit players that are using 32bit ffdshow arent working for me, however 64bit ffdshow does not seems to be affected. For example xvid video using ffdshow 32bit is not working in 32bit mpc-hc, however it works flawlessly in mpc-hc 64bit, since it uses 64bit ffdshow.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    ffdshow is working perfectly fine here with these drivers, both x86/64, im using revision 3277.

15. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Very good drivers for me. AvP is running much better now. L4d2 seems good but already was with the 196.34 and the 188.25. Getting my bfbc2 soon so I'll comment back on that.

16. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    hm... back to experimenting then...

17. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Did anyone try to overclock GPU, SHADERS and MEMORY with those new drivers and EVGA Precision 1.9.1 ?

It was an issue on former driver version...

Thanks for feedback.

18. soddit112

soddit112 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX560 Ti
    are you referring to the problem with the hardware addresses? if so, that has been rectified now, overclocking is working fine here with RT 2.24 MMOAE, and so i assume Precision will be working too, as the use the same core program :)

19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Here its a little test im doing with an old Asus P5B-Deluxe motherboard P965 chipset :) and 2x 9600GTs SLI , it works in any Intel mobo that have 2 pcie slots available.

[​IMG]

Here how is done:

http://xdevs.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.30

No moded drivers , the new 196.75 will work right away just like it would in any SLI Mobo. Enjoy it.

20. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    So general consensus of G80 performance in Windows 7 with these drives is good?