Forceware 196.75

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Mar 2, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

147 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

43 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

42 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Best nVidia drivers I've seen in a looong time...

2 Thumbs up..[​IMG][​IMG] ...hell, I'll even throw in a finger as well.:finger2:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK

+1 , if any one want the NvApps.XML from this driver ( + true sli for Operation flashpoint dragon rising) you can download here:
    http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/50819964/file.html

3. Niewitch

Niewitch Member

I have done exactly you mentioned and many times, even tried on clean windows, no help on issues what so ever. Do you really think i havent tryed everything thats in my power and many times. You can count on that. And i have tried every version after that release 186 and those aint working on me.
    186 and before that is working correctly, newer ones have changed control panel. I aint newbie on IT techical knowledge.
    Good if everything have worked splendidly on you, that doesnt mean it work same with others.

4. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Is the stutter been completely fixed with this release for fallout3? I was hoping to replaying it soon and had nothing but problems running it under 19x.xx series drivers. I'm not willing to downgrade as it always messes things up one way or another.

5. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Goofy issues? , ever wondered why NVIDIA fix things?. Obviously issues have been reported to nvidia but according to you it's just because they didn't uninstall correctly

Right?

Sod it , why am i discussing with someone so close minded :stewpid:

Ignore him , he was warned by mods in a recent driver thread. His attitude is that of a child

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Please don't escalate this "friendly discussion" any further!

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I just did a side-by-side comparison in RE5. While the framerate gets a huge hit, I'm not seeing it visually. Also, I'm not seeing an AO profile for RE5 in Nhancer.

8. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    I was soooo curious about the 25-30% inc fps in L4D and Crysis !

Clean install W7 x64 (had W7 beta RC earlier), these new WHQL drivers + applied SLI Hack for my P45 mobo:

FPS is 60-70fps with lots zombies (gpu stress is 50-60%/card), and sky high w/o them(95-99%). I reckon my new avg fps is down 50%.... nm, I installed this driver for friday's BF: BC2

I'll have to delete and re-install L4D2, it only CTD's.

Only C: was formatted with clean install, game dir D: intact.

9. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    I have to agree. I do a proper uninstallation and use Driver Cleaner plus some of my own methods to remove leftover crap that DC doesn't remove and I very rarely have issues. Any issues that have arisen have turned out to be known bugs related to the driver in question itself. Not everyone is as computer literate as other though (through no fault of their own), that being said, proper system maintenance (not just with video driver installation) goes a long way towards successful driver installations.

10. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Nv is looking ahead here.. They have released sli support but we still have to wait for next patch update from rockstar.

These drivers for me are the best i have used in a long time. Performance gains on every game so far.

11. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC

That's not the point , the point is how said user talks down to someone and straight away assumes that the person hasn't done a completely clean uninstall. Discuss it with the user first but don't assume !

If you had a driver problem bug found , did a proper uninstallation and someone comes along and talks down to you and forces it down your throat about uninstalling correctly. Would it not bother you aswell?

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Possibly, but you are more likely to get people to follow that way though, and i personally haven't been able to duplicate a single issue using that way.
    I have managed to get a few from installing over the top, but only when Nvidia change something, or if if i overclock my GPU beforehand.
    TBH, i find it hard to create driver errors, and i try quite hard with every new release.

Just tryed these with Batman:AA, up 5fps, GTAIV up 4fps to a new record of 39fps :)
    Dark Void Benchmark up 8fps for some reason, possibly new version of PhysX.
    NFS Shift seems to run as good as before but with AO on, which is suprising, but didn't spend to much time on it.

Will test RE5 and Crysis Warhead once i find the discs, can't test MW2 though as just remembered i sold it lol.

13. Razorrig

Razorrig Banned

GPU:
    HD 5870 Xfire 1025mhz
    I agree with that, absolutely. But what bugs me are those who are to proud to admit that maybe.............just maybe the other guy is right and I should take his advice instead of being a hard headed know it all.

At any rate I gave my advice, take it or leave it. :)

14. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    I definately agree with you, people need to be more understanding/tolerant that most users may not have the same level of technical ability as themselves. Personally I blame the software developers for not ever providing a proper uninstallation built with their installer. In that respect, you could actually blame Microsoft for not enforcing any guidelines.

Yeah I know what you mean, years ago I used to help people and throw around advice all the time but got tired of stubborn people arguing pointless topics. Now I just download my drivers and do my own thing and try not to be concerned too much with the problems of others. A little selfish maybe but I just don't have time for it.

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    im not using nhancer anymore, its in nvcp profile, but yea i didn't see any AO in action either other than huge fps hit...just like in DMC4.

anyway Dirt2 performs the same as with 191.87 maybe 2 fps slower, i guess the most benefit get those with real g200 gpus..aka 260gtx and upwards.

and that claim 20-30% boost over 196.21 is just plain bull sheit..

16. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    Update the Game. There has been a patch today that fixes the performance.

17. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Yes, I get "System Message -Please try again at a later time. Sorry for the inconvenience." heh

Update: Had to select the newest video card and it went to the download page, selecting my own card model kept showing the above error message page. lol

Verdict: No install trouble, no game troubles yet, and no otherwise graphic-related anomalies encountered yet. Seems about the same as 196.21 was for me. Finally, nv (possibly) on the right track!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  18. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    works now

19. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    yay, i will try this driver when i get home. :)

i'm picking up BC2 after work today, also.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I just downloaded them from guru instead. It's still giving me problems.