S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Sep 22, 2009.

1. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Fallout 3 = Oblivion with guns and no foliage.

Anyways... another weapon stash I found, a Dragunov in NW Jupiter. It's leaning on a tree.

2. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
  3. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Two Bubble artifacts... Nice. :pipe:

4. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    I found those quite by accident.
    It also completed the achievement for finding all artifact types. :thumbup:

5. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    CyberVISION MOD v1.1 preview

[​IMG]

It only needs about 5 days to be completly finished!

6. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    Your textures look like they're on low..

Btw, I've been playing around with the ssao shaders, and I'm not sure really if somethings working or not, but I noticed something:

These are all at High btw:

HBAO
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8407/sssiriustexra0301101905.jpg
    HDAO
    http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8836/sssiriustexra0301101907.jpg
    SSAO
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/32/sssiriustexra0301101909.jpg

If I were an idiot, I'd say they get better looking, the further away from HBAO they are....

The SSAO looks great. But even still, the ao doesn't look NEAR as good as the screenshots shown in each loading screen ingame. I've noticed lots of lines of code guided out, so maybe these changes were done as a personal preference?

There are so many resources going towards computing AO, so many lines of code, yet it's barely effective. Looks GREAT in the loading screens though, as I mentioned.

So what the hell?

Is my ao broken or something? I've got it set to DX10.1, everything high. I've tried adjusting saturation levels within shader files and they don't seem to make a difference, even when severely bloating the numbers, so I'm guessing it's either my end, or there's more to the code than I think.

In short, I'm using SSAO for now. Sure there must be some techincaldifference between how nice they are, but honestly, to me, It's looking better.

7. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    HBAO is DX10.1 only I believe..

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    SSAO should be the base with HBAO somewhat better (Used in Bad Company 2 for example, requires DX10 or 11 mode to work along with AA as per the beta.) with HDAO being the best but mainly for DX11 (Direct Compute assisted or something like that.)

Depends on how it's implemented though. :)

9. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Hehehe - That my buddy could depend on the fakt, that this pictures are below DX9...LOOOOL!

I've got WinVISTA and Win7 too, but I don't like them that much- it is "The Microsoft *BIG BROTHER* watchin!"- I do not much with Win7 and Vista.

The most people are using XP... "MIDDLE RANGE and LOW RANGE" PC's. The can play that game - no problem but not with DX10 or DX11 - who got money for something like that okay... who got an own family AND got money for the new hardware = congratulations - but I don't! And if I had - I wount!

If you would tell me, that you CAN'T see the differences then you're blind or you got a blackscreen.

I would'nt post the hottest pictures for the best presentation of my hardware. This would be as in an essay in school = "Theme missed, sit down *6*[or *F*]!"

LOL - I was waiting for a DISCRIMINATION about the picture size - but "LOOOL" not for the grafics....
    And my size was ironically, because more then one let the page detonate with his s*** BIG oVeRwHeLmInG SIZE pictures. First time... it was much larger than that, haha - but this was tooo large for my taste.

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

SN: SSAO + HDAO looks better under XP with DX9 too... - it is an OLD gameENGINE, hehe.

10. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    No need to get defensive buddy, all I was saying was that the textures don't really look any different at the quality setting. Other than colour variation, you need to get them on nice shots to see properly.

I see more fine detail, but to me, fine detail is unimpressive and can be achieved very easily. It's the large/mid details that I concern myself with.

What I suggest you to do, which I may do myself, is export the tree models into max or maya and reuvmap them, and then get unique textures happening for them. I hate the stupid ****ing tiled bark they have all over them.

11. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Sry,

it's the very first time I'm using this tools. And I'm not experienced with them - so I'ld if I could do, what you (and me) wish. The problem is, that I'm german and all the functions are named with technical english - the tutorial videos are explained in english and I've to watching them more than one time to understand the sense all completely.
    This programs got one thing together - I feel like, every "little step" is very difficult for me... by using this tools.

What I've done until now is much for me and I like the results.

You said "Exporting the files/3D models"... like the trees... but how? I feel like the look of the game is at the moment that much changed that it is extremely an other gameplay then before, so if you change it to the look like of an other game - it changes the gaming experience too much. Play STALKER with the look like of CRYSIS and it's not STALKER any more.
    The area simply looks dull and frustrating - it shouldn't look more colorful for example.

The complete change of models will change the gaming feeling. That could be very bad and of course too much of work - you've got to change everything to ensure that everything looks the same or compatible to your changes, that's the problem.

What do you think?

12. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
  13. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Can you get AA working with Nvidia VGA, dudes?

14. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    AA should work in CS and CoP in dx10 and higher, but it has to enabled in game i believe.

15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Vanilla CoP looked meh in dx9 or dx10 I couldnt see a difference, then I applied some mods like textures and atmosfear and it was looking a lot better but it was like too saturated and it was too bright.

But when I changed to DX10 (forced dx10.1) the textures, colors, lightning, illumination was better like "softened". I assume it looks and run even better in dx11.

Someone mentioned it is an old engine and looks better under xp and dx9 I can say that is not true.

I am leaving some screenshots, I love this game but I still need time to finish it :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Like GeoD said, and don't forget to restart the game because AA will be enabled only on a restart.

17. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    For me it doesnt work at all in dx10. The only way to reduce jaggies is using nhancer and running the game in dx9 mode. Anyway performance hit is too high.

18. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    when enabled it in game 2xAA did almost nothing, you really had to look for it. plus as you said the FPS hit was huge. 4xAA was un-playable, but looked halfway decent...its just one of those games where it is hard to implement i guess.

19. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    This game is sweet..:banana:
    Shooter of the year so far....I like it better than MW2!

All COD games you have a set path and have to work with your squad..:thumbdown

In S.T.A.L.K.E.R you can do what you want! When you want!

Maps look better! I love the lighting effects and real GFX look to there game engine..
    I hate the cartoon looking GFX engine!:rpg:

SCARY!:help:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  20. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    i have to say some of you have this looking great, the developer should be ashamed for not putting these visual options in game menus. im still not a fan though im afraid i just dont have the time needed to get into this.