-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 7=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. defender.tx

defender.tx Member

GPU:
    Galaxy nVIDIA 9600 GT
    Hello Guru3D, I figured I should post my rig in here. I used to be pretty active at these forums a few years ago under a different name, but when I started college and got married I didn't really have much time to post so I quit coming around. Now I find myself with the time again, so here I am :).

Here's my rig, really nothing special at this point but it gets the job done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want to see the pics in large resolution you can head on over to my Flickr stream.

2. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    That's looking very nice defender.tx and i also like the quality of the shots :)

3. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    You're welcome. That makes sense with the cable, the CP-850 does have a mass of cables with it even though its partly modular. Just only 4 cables are modular so its kind of a moot point lol. Reason being, my next system will probably be the 1200 seeing as how I won the CP-850 PSU from them.. so everytime I see someone with the 1200 I have to ask questions. And since you have that powersupply, why not ask more haha.

@defender.tx, looking very nice man, very clean inside. Kind of refreshing to see an all silver case, everything is always black these days so its a good change of pace to see a different color. How are temps and everything inside it?

4. defender.tx

defender.tx Member

GPU:
    Galaxy nVIDIA 9600 GT
    @Quixz: Thanks, I took them with a Canon Rebel XT DSLR, ISO 400. I was pretty happy with them. Always good to see your pics appreciated :).

@bp9801: I actually chose that case specifically because it was all silver. All my cases previously had been black inside and out, and I was ready to switch it up a bit. I really like how it turned out. Unfortunately the only cases you can find that are silver these days don't usually have the "enthusiast" features like case windows or cable management gromets pre-installed, but I think this one was pretty nice.

My temps stay nice and chilly, in fact right now my Core 2 Duo has been at 100% load on both cores for over 5 days straight running the Folding@Home SMP client and both cores are 53C. My 9600GT gets to 62C under full load. The down side is that because the case has holes in the front and back of it (the "cheese grater" Apple Mac Pro look), its really loud! I'm looking to invest in some silent fans since my airflow and temps are fine.

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Spent the day getting my UD7 on water with the new EK block... here it is :)

[​IMG]

Currently Leak testing.

[​IMG]

Will post more pics when its all up and running!

6. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    Wow :eek2: Nice system you got there

7. .:JeeBus:.

.:JeeBus:. Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond Raedon HD 6850
    wait, is it the angle of the pic, or is the video card bent o_O?

8. pinkpotato1

pinkpotato1 Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 6870 xfire :D
    +1 :banana:

9. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    the angle lol

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thanks for the comments guys, and yes, it is the angle... the cards are definitely not bent ;)

11. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    as usual mike very nice :)

12. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  13. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    @ mike : +2, that motherboard is sexy with the waterblocks and the 5870s. Ah what the hell, the 920 @ 4.5 is sexy too.

@ GAR818 : that is a very neat system you got there. I like the red/black theme. Can you take a picture of it on for us?

14. studiovpc

studiovpc Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700XT
    here's mine

Heat Killer 3.0 LT 1366 cpu block
    Eheim Power Station II 600 12V pump for the CPU loop
    Magicool Xtreme Triple 360
    Magicool Xtreme Dual 240
    Swiftech Komodo GTX285 full cover block
    Masterkleer 1/2" ID tubing
    TT P400 pump for GPU loop
    liquid distilled water + g12 antifreeze

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    You have motherboards hanging on your wall in place of family pictures, paintings, and Maxim posters? That sounds like a badass idea!!

16. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    If the motherboard's are stylish enough, indeed.

Although most modern and good-looking ones still have some functionality and value. Socket 939 DFI Lanparty's and white PCB Sapphire boards like i saw one of there are great looking ones though.

17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    A simple update. My old xigmatek rigg with my new Sapphire 5850. Soon be replacing this with a HAF 922 and Accerelo S1 rev 2 with som red fans for the graphic card.

[​IMG]
    By darrenj, shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2010-02-21

[​IMG]
    By darrenj, shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2010-02-21

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thanks guys, I'll post some pics in a couple of days when its all finished :)

19. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    OH YEAH finally i had some time to finish my rig and i'm really happy about it, especially my second 4870x2 what is cooled by Zalman Reserator V2 and it can keep it really cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    We built a server a few months ago for backups and shared storage. Well, recently we found a still functional IDE controller card which can run 4 IDE devices, so we could add in 4 additional hard drives. Unfortunately, we're running an Antec 900 case which can't quite hold 10 drives. This was the result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Specs are 3.3TB across 10 drives, 5 IDE and 5 SATA, E6600, Gigabyte EP45-UD3L, 4GB OCZ DDR2-800, 7600 GS, Antec NeoPower 480 watt, and Windows Home Server. It's loud as hell with some of those ancient IDE drives but it gets the job done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.