S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Sep 22, 2009.

1. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
  2. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Howdy ho Stalkers!

Loving COP, really polished, great gameplay, LOVE the atmosphere, I think so far it could be the best Stalker yet.

Anyway, I'm getting strange artifacts when I use HBAO, HDAO works but it's SLOOOW. With HBAO enabled I get really strange shadows jumping all over the place, especially when I'm near buildings with lots of complex geometry.

The only mods I'm using are a weight mod and Atmosfear.

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it by coyping my user.ltx from Atmosfear and setting my config up again.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  3. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    95% of the CS and SHOC weapon skins work with COP. I'd send you a pack which has all the best ones, but I'm not sure the original creators would appreciate that so I suggest you just take your time and browse FPS Banana for the skins yourself.

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Even though i used the CS Skyline sky textures, i do not see anything shown in the CS mod pics

5. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    From what i could gathered creating new sky textures is going to be very hard, due to some technical stuff.
    So for now, i really hope they can fix it, the gorgeous sky's like the ones in CS or on the fantastic CS complete mod won´t be available.

6. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    COP is one of the best games I've played in recent years. I'm so happy with the new level design and especially the side-quests! Everyday I play it I get more and more immersed into the Zone. Man, this game is a true gem! Nice work, GSC! :) :) :)

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    oh i see.

Well i don't think i'm too far from finishing, but i am little dissapointed by not only the lack of variety among mutants, but more so the lack of encounters with certain ones. Like i only encountered 2 controllers which i thought were allot scarier and cooler looking in SOC. Now when i see one, i'm caught like before and i'm zoomed closer to the controller with a weird skull in a box 2d image pop up and slammed down. I preffered the scarier shadow at the end of the hall look.

anywa, that was just a random knitpick. still a great game, it keeps me nervous constantly with random bumps of adrenaline...just hard to get that anymore with most games these days.

8. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    The whole point of a 'message board' is you read them...

You asked in another thread, "Where to download Borderlands?" , yet you have a Steam account... bizarre.

But anyway, in answer to your question, the Stalker series is very well regarded on these forums and YES it's probably is worth buying. I loved it.

You could even try a demo of the first game, that would give you a flavour of the Stalker games.

9. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Some unique weapons I've acquired and my achievements so far.
    Some spoilers here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Yes i also felt like COP is less scary and more peaceful then SOC. But we have to contextualize the game and ourselves.
    The Zone is different now, a place more for exploration the confrontation, and it´s hard for us that follow the series to have the same feelings and emotions was we did in the first time.
    But COP was it´s moment like the first bloodsucker and quimera hunt.

11. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    one word for this game GASH!!!!

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Anyone else notice that in COP, there is no more cloud shadows rolling across the ground. I know in SOC, you could see the shadows of a cloud pass along the ground like you do in real life, the only game i ever saw that in. Just one of those little things i thought were really cool but failed to put back in the new one.

13. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Care to elaborate?

14. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    garbage, ****, lame, crapola, rubbish, all are a good description.

15. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    What makes it garbage? :confused:

16. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I believe stalker cop and mass effect2 are the two new best games out. Right? Which one would you get if you could only get one? Pros and cons.

17. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    well there wasnt one thing about the game i liked, although i only played for 15 mins i new it wasnt for me. probably the biggest thing is the graphics i mean come on they are terrible.

18. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    You should play more. The game takes a while to lift off, but when it does it´s great.
    Graphics look bad in some place but in others they look great:

[​IMG]

But if the previous games were not your cup of tea i´m guessing this wont be too.

19. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Get the texture packs, there are links in this thread multiple times. Have you not seen everyones screenshots? check out the guru3d screenshot thread, after modding, its one of the better looking games out there.

You might want to actually try. 15 minutes tells you nothing really but does require you to think and prepare as apposed to going rambo. Its about survival. your not going to learn how to survive in 15 minutes but its kinda rpg like so of course it wont be for everyone. I hated stalker SOC when i first played it, once i got used to how it all works i was intrigued, then in awe, finally i jizzed my pants.
    but heres a quick screenshot of how it can look modded.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8968/80168090.jpg
    http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5756/41627001.jpg

20. baden

baden Guest

GPU:
    XFX Ati 5850
    Has anyone really gotten tessellation to work in the Stalker COP steam version? I have it set to Directx 11 with tessellation on, HDAO and everything else maxed but no AA. I don't see the round gas masks like the pre-released screenshots showing off tessellation?? I have a ATI 5850 with 10.2 drivers running on Windows 7 x64. I also installed the hotfix by Microsoft so DDI version shows 11. In the Heaven benchmark tessellation works just fine..Thanks

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010