New Ubisoft DRM requires internet ALL the time

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Feb 18, 2010.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i feel bad for you guys
    i have no plans to play this game but worst case senario them bastages will spread the word to the other slave owners and this will be common for all pc games.
    BTW
    what if you dont have an online service?

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    ..great job Ubisoft.
    [​IMG]

So I decided to go with a pre-order of BFBC2 rather than AC2 for PC. Somehow I have a feeling that's not what Ubisoft intended, but after reading this I feel obligated to tell them to consummate themselves.

3. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    ugh, **** ubisoft. i mean seriously, are they that stupid? either way im not buying any of their games until they remove this crap.

4. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Time to learn Mandarin

5. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
    Won't be $5 to buy the game itself. Will stay at $50 or $60 and then a $10 per month subscription.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nah, i can see them in the future selling PC games dirt cheap, but with limited funcionality unless you have a subscription.

TBH, i would welcome it if it meant the PC got more games, and would prob push it towards being the lead platform again.

7. mcarr6

mcarr6 Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 Fury X
    I'm hoping that what happened to EA with Spore happens again. EA got the message that it got pirated out of spite.

I now plan to download a copy just to spite, I don't care for the series, I'm not buying it, so, there is no loss of a sale excuse when it applies to me.

So hopefully many will download it for their a$$holeness.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Part of me thinks that is what they want.

I'm kinda getting the feeling that certain developers want to pull out of PC development, and are looking for excuses.

Or maybe the head of these companies really is so far off the mark and believes this will curb piracy.

9. centurie

centurie Master Guru

GPU:
    n/a
    you pc gamers take the piss seriously...you do not have a god given right to play this game...they can do what they like with there product and if you don,t like it don't buy it........but to use this excuse to pirate it is unforgivable,you people think just because a pc game is released you have a right to play it,well you don't,unless you pay for it.

i will be glad to see the day when they stop making pc games........most of you are pirates and to say otherwise is BS......you will take any excuse to pirate a game no matter what........

10. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Thank you for you thoughts...troll.

11. centurie

centurie Master Guru

GPU:
    n/a
    why is what a said trolling..its a fact........the people in this thread has already backed up what i said....they will pirate the game because they don't like the DRM.......why not go thief a BMW because they don't do it in the colour you like............i am so glad i left the pc scene........its full of free loaders who always want something for nothing............so please developers stop making pc games.....

12. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Because you stereotyped and prejudged everyone based on the way you perceive things. You didn't add anything to the conversation (unlike others who may have a similar opinion than you) and was just interested in sounding all holier than thou on your soapbox.

A troll isn't a troll because of their opinions, but how they express them (if they are even expressing them). Even with my attempts to say it politely, could come across as trollish...however I would consider it semi-justified (though not fully), when pointing out a fact when someone is just being a troll.

Maybe calling you troll wasn't even accurate...maybe you were just being an prejudiced ass about it.

13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    42.5 seconds that's how long it will take the hackers to come up with a workround for this. Yet again the developers find an epic way to punish only the legit buyers of their software.

14. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Yeah, pretty much. But its all of us "freeloaders" faults.

15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    personally i don't pirate, when this sort of disasters happend because some retard comes up with a new idea to annoy gamers, i wait for (first) for a nocd's or a cracks, then buy the game (legit) and play it without the headaches.

it's not an excuse to pirate, its just that gamers are fed up with this sort of crap and want to make the company pay for it, i'm all for anti-piracy protections (even if imo they're almost always useless), but it's not right to make a gamer's life a living hell.

UBISOFT has reached the point of no return and it's all uphill for them from now on.

16. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    should download the xbox360 version (which i don't own by the way, before anyone jumps to conclusion i am finding excuse to play the game for free i pay for all my games) and not the pc version if you really want to spite them since they are claiming the problem with piracy lies with PC and not console right? :p

i won't be buying it if it requires constant internet connection since my internet does drop out time to time so they've lost a sale right there

17. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Totally agree this DRM is even worst than EA's, which is horrid since limited activations. All this is going to do is bankrupt them since honest people that pay for games will not put up with this. I am like some other and will stop buying any games that have this over the top and retarded protection.

If they want to fix the pirating issue go after the problem and using doing it.. Not the honest person that is paying for the games. In 32 years of gaming never once pirated a game yet EA and this company are now treating honest buyers like trash.

Thumbs down it to the companies not this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
  18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i thought ubisoft bought out eidos

19. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Sounds moronic and infantile. Ubisoft, welcome to the world of '**** all money from me'!

20. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670