ATI Catalyst 10.2 Official

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

Were you born yesterday? Your argument against ATT was lame. It simply is a third-party app that works extremely well. Have you used the latest version that was released less than 2 weeks ago? If not, you should give it a try. It works perfectly with even these 10.2 whql drivers. The profiles are flawless. Ray Adams will continue to update it as usual.

Secondly, your argument against ATT because it is a third-party app is lame too because nHancer is also a third-party app. Did you think Nvidia programmed nHancer? No. Double-Standard much?

Also, I've used Nvidia all my life, and their gaming profiles isn't any better whatsoever than that given with ATT. Dwell on that one for a moment... ROFL :banana:

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ok tell me how you handle the renaming trick for steam games with ATT then ?

I totally agree, I think it has to do with E-Peen status , or to justify the product bought.
    it has nothing to do with AMD, it could easily be Intel, Nvidia, Creative, or any game or console for that matter. people rather not see the flaws of a product but rather the good side.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  3. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    yea under 30FPS i get in normal areas when using ATT on Mass Effect 2 say hi >_>

4. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    So you uninstalled Nvidia drivers, the crashing stopped and you blame ATI????

Awesome, I've seen it all now....... Forums are full of ex-Nvidia owners flapping around like idiots all posting daft "I'm going back to green" posts.

Most of 'em can't see past the end of their nose.....

Where do you have to force AA by the way? I must be playing different games to you.....

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    As I said before, pure user Phail.
    They blame ATi on every little thing they have and is only because they fail, they make me sick.

6. GamingArena

GamingArena Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan SC Sig x2 SLi
    Damn no go with this drivers either on my card... :(

Tried 8.703 and the official 8.702 and both hang at the loading screen before entering WIn7 x64, and the Hard drive activity light just stays on and nothing freeze.

Tried everything possible you name it looks like they change something in the drivers and stop sporting my card :(
    It's engineering sample of 5970 never had problems with any drivers except the last 2 one staring with both mentioned above...

I hope they did not drop the support of engineering samples since i paid lost of money for one :(
    Tried to update to official Bios from other manufactures and almost bricked the card its no go unless i use the bios provided specifically for this one.

Wish i know how to mod the drivers or something this really sucks...

If anyone can help me i would appreciated it.
    Thanks

7. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    The more intense and fixes the drivers get, the worse it's going to perform.. just wait til they get all the bugs and fixes out .. then once they release a driver it will be great all around.. :) Might take a while though.. 9.12 is best for me when it comes to extreme clocks and stability.. They were not focusing on eyefinity crossfire support or any other features when those came out though.. mostly about single card stability and performance.. Now they are just going crazy.. wait til it's all figured out.. should be by the time the 11.1 drivers are out..

8. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    -I cant access CCC now with these drivers. says currently active card is not supported. If I disable my 8800GT I can use the CCC but only when its disabled ??

-another problem here my idle temp went up from 34c to 41c WTF ??it is supposed to lower down idle power consumbtion and therefore temp !!

anyone haveing this problems too ??

9. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Looks exactly the same on my end too, can anybody say if that's normal?

10. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    find your gfx card device id using devicemanager, then check the id is listed in the C7_95693.inf file from the cat 10.2 set

if the ID is there, then you have other problems imho

11. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    im having 0 problems here. vantage gained a few hundred points...all games seem fine so far. the stuttering/hitching i was having in STALKER CoP in and around the train station in yanov is gone.

keepers for me.

im with bodar. any driver release that is supposed to add many new features, gain large amounts of performance etc... usually have problems. give them a few more releases to iron things out.

12. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    a windows 7 update a couple weeks ago apparently is causing start up and shut down issues, I wont touch win 7 til it has a service pack....

might be something worth looking into, I simply cant believe some of us have no issues at all and some are plagued .....doesn't sound like a driver issue to me.
    can you imagine MS actually releasing buggy software? lol

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Same for me to, i get a WHQL n/a on every driver set in dxdiag, its just a bug or something id say, dxdiag just doesn't pick the WHQL up for some reason, but you can check that they signed through the Device Manager.

Just select the Driver Tab, and look who the Digital Signer is, Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher :)

Btw, DDI Version 10.1 is correct for a 4870x2, as they are Dx10.1 cards.

ATi have probably blocked it when Nvidia cards are detected, just like they blocked ATi cards from being able to use their cards (Nvidia's) for PhysX.

Yeah use ATT, then you can do them like Nvidia :)

14. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Left 4 Dead 2 runs slower with these new drivers.

15. ATI DOMINATOR

ATI DOMINATOR Member

GPU:
    2xSapphire 5850 CF
    My idle temp increased too from 37 to 45 with both cards.

But Crysis Warhead performance increased about 8-9 FPS.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It runs better on ATi cards than Nvidia's now, and runs fine for me.

Just like everyone makes excuses for Nvidia i expect, when they have to use 3rd party software like Rivatuner etc... to overclock and set fan profiles up and what not. :)

17. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    It seems that I can't use profiles with 4870x2... Can anybody confirm that?

If you can use profiles on 4870x2, then how?

edit: i did a 'Unigine Heaven' bench on 10.1 and 10.2 and the score seems the same. ( I thought in 10.2 i'd get better performance because of the new profiles thing, any idea? )

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    the profiles are invisible. not editable at all. what you see is what you get probably.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They are automatic (or so i thought), once you start the game, if its been profiled, then it will work in Xfire.

20. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Quick question:

I have the 9.12 hotfix installed along with the stream sdk (beta, I think..) (whatever) stuff. Opencl support is shown in gpu-z etc. bla bla bla ...

I'm just asking about the stream stuff: should I leave it there and install the 10.2's or should I get rid of it and install the 10.2's?

Again, I'm not asking the age-old question of uninstalling drivers (9.12 hotfix) before installing new ones; I'm just referring to the stream stuff.

THX