AMD/ATI Radeon HD6800 XT (Northern Islands Next Generation ATIs GPUs) Rumour...

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by chispy, Feb 16, 2010.

1. randomizer

randomizer Guest

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Well hardware is cheaper these days.. Im actually getting tired of selling parts and upgrading.. Its too much now just to keep up to date.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    how about i build me a new desk first ? :p besides 2 more G24's are kind of expensive :)

3. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    nice, progress is always good, oh and 10.1 is great, like someone said before it should have been implemented in more games

4. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    If hwbot heard you, he would've sh** his binary pants!

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    :giggle2: hahaha , true :D

6. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I've had no problems with their drivers yet... Can't say the same for Nvidia though.

I have had an Nvidia card for a fair while longer than an ATI card, though. But jus' sayin'; there are driver problems with both ATI and Nvidia cards. Get used to it.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    true, but ATI drivers have much more driver problems including much worse/critical driver problems

I won't try another ATI card until they have no code from their drivers that are out today

8. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    both companies have issues with drivers...every release new drivers have issues and it takes a few months to sort stuff out....
    as of now the 10.2 drivers for ati are getting a lot of praise on the net..

usually this is known when you stay up to date on hardware.

9. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    No they don't, but that's okay.

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    alright fanboi

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Nvidia's drivers accounted for 28% of Vista crashes in 2007, pretty sure that's as critical as it gets.

[​IMG]

That being said, from my past experience with a wide variety of cards, Nvidia drivers have always felt like they were slightly more mature, especially when it came to SLI/Crossfire - With my 8800GTX's in SLI I ran into very little issues, with Crossfire, it seems like every game requires some configuration tweaking to get it working properly.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I don't know, personally I had Nvidia drivers stop responding quite a bit on my 8 series and GTX 285. Cards were fine, no OC on them, System was stable.

I was finally forced to get my HD 4870X2 at the time, and had absolutely no driver crashes at all. Same with my HD 5870, running smooth.

While they didn't stop responding all the time, it got annoying in the middle of a game not knowing when it would happen, and I lose progress etc.

13. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    i had a few issues with the 8800gtx as well when it first came out..once i got my 4870x2 i had no crashes at all but yea performance wasn't up to par in some games(obviously because of xfire) but it wasn't low enough to cause an issue since a single 4870 was more then enough for 90% of games out..

so overall ive dealt with both sides and both had some issues..and will continue to have issues....

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I think with my 4870X2 the only game I played that I had that issue with was Overlord 2.

But back to this HD 6800XT, I kinda like the name, the XT kinda just makes it sound sporty. I'd buy one!

15. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    But of course everyone will tell you that ATI has the worse drivers.

16. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Nvidia's were crap in the beginning.
    ATI's are crap NOW.

I own a 5850. Had a 3850. Had a 8600 GT. Had a 9600XT. A TI4600. A TI4400. ATI Rage 16MG. A Voodoo 2 dual linked.

Yeah...ATI's drivers keep breaking. The last good set of ATI drivers before everything went to hell were the 8.12 series.

17. Chernobyl

Chernobyl Active Member

GPU:
    xfx 4870 1gb
    I must just be really lucky, because i've never had driver issues with either ATI or Nvidia cards, including my current 4870 on the supposedly "buggy" 9.xx drivers.

18. kid-goku

kid-goku Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 980 Ti
    I'm on the same boat. Everyone told me how crap ATI's drivers were and not to buy the 4890, yet I did buy it (cuz it was a good $50 cheaper than the GTX 275 where I live) and have yet to face a driver issue.

19. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    Same here too.
    When my 8800gtx died,i needed something good for my budget because i wasn't thinking of spending what i spend on the 8800gtx ever again for a video card(650usd).
    Anyway,with all the bad rep ppl gave ati drivers i was scared as hell but wanted to give them a try for the first time and hell yeah i made the right choice,i have never had a driver issue that i read ppl complaining about on the forum and to make it even better,i have over 6 friends that did the same and never had issues either.
    A 4870 is the best card I've owned so far.

20. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    ^ I missed my Radeon 4870. It was a good card. very solid.

6800 series should come around Q3-Q4. But
    Im always guessing the chances of this gen would
    double or at least get 80% of what 5870 performs.